Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

3 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

Ekeler should start imo 

No. Lowering his touches would be the right move. I love this signing. A fresh Ekeler with limited touches is a damn dangerous weapon. Today has been fantastic. Find us a starting LT and lets head to the draft. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, mhd24 said:

I think Ekeler could be done.  He was really bad last year.

Its possible, but he might have also been playing through an injury.

Chargers were a dysfunctional mess. Even Herbert underachieved badly.

• Like 5

Ekeler is an aging back. I think it’s prudent to set expectations appropriately. 

Luvu and Biadasz are the equal stars of the show right now. Two really great signings.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

No. Lowering his touches would be the right move. I love this signing. A fresh Ekeler with limited touches is a damn dangerous weapon. Today has been fantastic. Find us a starting LT and lets head to the draft. 

Agreed. Ekeler is no longer a starter at this stage of his career. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah he might be on the verge of being washed, but he'll still make a fine safety valve as a receiver out of the backfield and compliment to Robinson. 

I really don’t expect Robinson to be here for long. I don’t think he’s a great fit of Kliff’s system, but I’m interested to see how we use him.

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy

Lukewarm on ekeler just cuz he seemed a shadow of himself recently. But not bummed cuz I put our new guys way over me judgement wise 🙃  and I read  he's a good locker room guy. Also I didn't read any results yet on cost. 😛

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

For the record, Ekeler sucked last year. Let’s hope he plays better.

Staley had Nathaniel Hackett vibes as a head coach- the whole team played like trash.  Love Eckler as a situational back (potential starter) and he's going to teach our young backs how to improve their game and careers immensely.

Him and Terry gonna be BFFs - I'm calling it right now.

• Like 1

Just now, Jumbo said:

Lukewarm on ekeler just cuz he seemed a shadow of himself recently. But not bummed cuz I put our new guys way over me judgement wise 🙃  and I he's a good locker room guy. Also I didn't read any results yet on cost. 😛

Agreed, Jumbo.  Was a Captain on the LAC and also is reunited with Lynn.  Hopefully, DQ can reignite his rockets!  :)  

• Like 2

Just now, mhd24 said:

I think Ekeler could be done.  He was really bad last year.

I think it was more of the new offensive system than him being done. Staley and Kellan Moore could not get it going. I’m more concerned about him being on the field. But sharing the backfield with BRob and CRod is ideal. Love this signing!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

Lukewarm on ekeler just cuz he seemed a shadow of himself recently. But not bummed cuz I put our new guys way over me judgement wise 🙃  and I he's a good locker room guy. Also I didn't read any results yet on cost. 😛

Rumplestilskins point could be one of the biggest reasons we signed Ekeler, he's a great pass protector and a good pass catching safety valve for a young QB? Obviously Anthony Lynn still thinks he can play so hopefully this is a great signing. Cost is very reasonable. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

For the record, Ekeler sucked last year. Let’s hope he plays better.

Facts, not mad at the signing, but I still want B-Rob to be the primary RB for us. B-Rob is way better between the tackles. B-Rob is a young beast who was held back in EBs offense last season, and is destined to have a breakout season. Again, not mad at all, Kingsbury will make this work. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, woodpecker said:

Eckler is a great signing for the price! Good to see peters taking advantage of the discount pricing on running backs. 

basically paying him $1M more in year 1 than Gibby.  Lower his reps and keep his explosiveness and let Brob cook and wear down defenses.

Edited by RabidFan
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 2