Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Performing Our Patriotic Duty

KDawg

I love me some Jamison Crowder, but at the same time, I'm kind of disappointed that he's shining for us at WR where others aren't. What happened to the rest of our depth? Was Crowder always this good and teams just mismanaged him, or are our WRs playing noticeably bad enough that they're letting a 30 year old player the entire state of New York gave up on steal their thunder?

• Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Some of you are trying to blame EB for anything and everything that went wrong today. Obviously, there is always room for improvement, but EB can't make reciever's catch the ball or make the decision on where Sam will throw it. Sam throws a terrible int and people want to blame EB, he missed Dotson wide open in the middle, blame EB. A lot of this is on Sam, thats ok, he's learning, but I don't get why so many of you want to toss EB under the bus as if its protecting Howell or something.

While I do think overall the EB noise is a bit much, he definitely has things to learn regarding situational playcalling.  In a way, he does control where Sam throws it by the plays he calls.  I realize the general public has a tendency to see a guy open on tv and assume the QB should have thrown it, but there are progressions to go through.  That’s not letting Sam off the hook as he has the power to look off a guy, move on to the next read, etc - it’s just not as cut and dry as some pretend it is.

I think whoever has dictated the changes to the offense over the past two weeks deserves some credit.  Perhaps EB wanted to all along, and Ron was hellbent on playing Gates.  Maybe EB wanted to believe Gates would get it together and Ron said enoughs enough.  It’s hard to say who is responsible for what, but the offense has been much more efficient the past two weeks.  There are a few nits to pick with the playcalling situationally though, where EB has opted for cute as opposed to effective.  Although, even the best tend to do that from time to time.

• Like 4

I like what I saw yesterday even it was against a hapless Patriots team. I was already sold on Sam but now I am completely and utterly convinced we can build around him. It feels REALLY friggin good to have a QB like this who consistently throws guys open. He got some larnin to do... that INT at the half was a real head scratcher. I rewatched that at least a dozen times and I can't imagine what he saw out there... rookie mistake. D looked okay. Id like to see them against a better offense before I get comfy with the trades. Im liking the 2 headed RB system were using as both guys continue to look fresh towards the end of the game. Glad for the win. Hope to see more improvement next week against the Hawks.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, profusion said:

It's fun thinking back to last year when everyone was calling the Giants' FO a bunch of masterminds after they squeaked into the playoffs.

Making a mistake on the most important position on the team can make even geniuses look anything but...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Making a mistake on the most important position on the team can make even geniuses look anything but...

They panicked rather than make the bold decision to let a semi-okay starting QB walk. Now, they're stuck with him for a while, and they'd have been just as good this year with Tyrod Taylor starting.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, profusion said:

They panicked rather than make the bold decision to let a semi-okay starting QB walk. Now, they're stuck with him for a while, and they'd have been just as good this year with Tyrod Taylor starting.

If they were truly smart/forward thinking, they'd have tagged Jones and traded him for just about anything.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, profusion said:

I was afraid they'd be bold and actually upgrade QB, but settled for some basic ***** nonsense instead...bless their heart...

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I love me some Jamison Crowder, but at the same time, I'm kind of disappointed that he's shining for us at WR where others aren't. What happened to the rest of our depth? Was Crowder always this good and teams just mismanaged him, or are our WRs playing noticeably bad enough that they're letting a 30 year old player the entire state of New York gave up on steal their thunder?

He’s a savvy vet and thrived in the slot when he was here the first time and was the number 1 option in New York.  Even though fans like to think receiver is easy to play most young wideouts take a while to develop. See Dotson, taking a step back and Brown wetting the bed. Plus I think the offense is still adjusting to EB’s new system. It takes time to develop the timing and consistency in an offense.  I actually think having Crowder in the room is good for all the young receivers including McLaurin. He’s seen a lot…

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, profusion said:

Exactly what the Redskins should have done with Cousins.

We should have kept Cousins. He is/was a fringe top 10 QB. Jones is dog doo doo and even last year had mostly mediocre #s passing the ball. He had some crazy high rushing #s and the Giants lucked out some BS wins to make him appear better than he was.

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

If they were truly smart/forward thinking, they'd have tagged Jones and traded him for just about anything.

It would have taken big ones to move Jones last season. I mean, BIG ONES. But this is the problem with FOs across all sports. Just settling for being "decent" than do the bold thing that could make you a contender. It would have taken those big ones, but it would have been the right thing to do. They chickened out.

Sadly, they may get away with their cowardice, because it looks to me like they are tanking and may end up with one of the top QBs in the nest draft anyway. And if it works out well enough, that may even net them Williams or Maye.

All of you who are delighting in watching them lose ought to really get your priorities right and root for them to win a couple of games. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

It would have taken big ones to move Jones last season. I mean, BIG ONES. But this is the problem with FOs across all sports. Just settling for being "decent" than do the bold thing that could make you a contender. It would have taken those big ones, but it would have been the right thing to do. They checked out.

Sadly, they may get away with their cowardice, because it looks to me like they are tanking and may end up with one of the top QBs in the nest draft anyway. And if it works out well enough, that may even net them Williams or Maye.

All of you who are delighting in watching them lose ought to really get your priorities right and root for them to win a couple of games. 

Caleb's diva attitude in NY could be a disaster. I don't want them getting Maye though. He'd be Eli 2.0 for em but with more raw talent.

12 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Nah, **** them, I want them to feel hopeless in the logjam for bottom teams and draft another bust at QB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Caleb's diva attitude in NY could be a disaster. I don't want them getting Maye though. He'd be Eli 2.0 for em but with more raw talent.

It's possible Williams has an attitude that will be a problem. But no way am I juts accepting that as fact when it's mostly based on a "report" that makes no sense and sounds like it would be planted by people who have a vested interest in hurting his value (ie. the nonsensical "wants a percentage of the team" story)

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Crowder is a pretty good WR who is just older, been injured and played for the Jets, so I think that played a part in his career.

Terry, Jahan and Samuels are good. Neither are that elite level talent that can break a game open. After that, it’s open. I’m not necessarily a fan of Dyami, so Crowder automatically is a step above.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't understand why our defense gets called pathetic even when they hold an opponent to under 20 points like they did yesterday.

And 7 of those 17 points was a super short field because of the offense turning the ball over deep in our own territory.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Does no one remember the pathetic history of USC QBs in the NFL??? The guy's already got two strikes against him. :D

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'm not mad at Chase Young at ALL.  In fact, I'm happy for the guy and I'll be cheering for him to have a great career, just hope he has a bad game against us 😆.

Most players if given the choice would not want to be on a mediocre team that makes the playoffs every 5-10 years. The 49ers are a wagon that contends every year, so not sure why Nicki thinks this is newsworthy lol.

• Like 4