Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Performing Our Patriotic Duty

KDawg

It would be just our luck for Caleb or Drake to end up in NY.  The Giants are ravaged with injuries this year.  It's a perfect set up for them to tank and have an excuse for it.

They actually ironically had a good off season, better than ours if you go through their FA class and draft.  Schoen > Martys.  And heck even Logan Paulsen who works for this team believes Daboll > Rivera.  While they don't have a good O line, they at least relaize the value of it versus Ron so they might be able to fix it.

They have some young talent.  Multiple draft picks, too.  They can get good really fast with Caleb and Drake.

Basically, we are in a catch-22 situation.  Like this Thursday...Rooting against the Bears improves our 2nd rounder, but also gives the Panthers another win thereby improving the Giants chances at the #1 pick.  What do we do LOL.  I figure Chicago plays all out since another Panthers loss is good for them.  Arizona is the real wildcard.  Kyler coming back will certainly help them.  

They have:

Atl

@ Houston

LAR

@ Pitt

SF

@ Chi

@ Philly

Sea

They will be favored to lose every game, but that team plays hard.  I could see them beating Chicago or even Atlanta this week. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And heck even Logan Paulsen who works for this team believes Daboll > Rivera. 

In all fairness, this is a given based on what he has been able to get of the Giants and what the Bills look like with his departure.

Ron will never lead a time to the promised land, he appears out of touch

You are correct, the Giants have a lot of good pieces in place and a better QB than Dimes would spell headaches for the NFCE

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It would be just our luck for Caleb or Drake to end up in NY.  The Giants are ravaged with injuries this year.  It's a perfect set up for them to tank and have an excuse for it.

They actually ironically had a good off season, better than ours if you go through their FA class and draft.  Schoen > Martys.  And heck even Logan Paulsen who works for this team believes Daboll > Rivera.  While they don't have a good O line, they at least relaize the value of it versus Ron so they might be able to fix it.

They have some young talent.  Multiple draft picks, too.  They can get good really fast with Caleb and Drake.

Our best bet is Chicago (either via their own pick or Carolina's) getting at least one top 2 pick and Arizona getting the other top 2 pick.  Both of those teams won't pass up Caleb & Drake.  Both of those guys are going top 2 in any particular order.

NE should be trying to lose, but BB is stubborn.  I figure NYG won't pass on any QB and if they are not in the top 2, they will still take whomever is left.

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Our best bet is Chicago (either via their own pick or Carolina's) getting at least one top 2 pick and Arizona getting the other top 2 pick.  Both of those teams won't pass up Caleb & Drake.  Both of those guys are going top 2 in any particular order.

NE should be trying to lose, but BB is stubborn.  I figure NYG won't pass on any QB and if they are not in the top 2, they will still take whomever is left.

Agree, if they can't get the top 2, they'd go Penix or McCarthy.   They are clearly done with Daniel jones from what I've read in the NY papers.

With Devito as the Giants starter, tough for me to see how they win games, it feels like orchestrated tanking.

Big talk for someone more familiar with the dispensary staff than his teammates.

Not there is anything wrong with the dispensary, its staff or CDB/THC for healing, mind you.

Chase is a drama queen. It really sucks KJ didn't get his sack and sucks we didn't get more to rub into Chase's Face's. 

We won't talk about Toohill being invisible for now because Sweat getting us a 2nd and him a big fat new deal already points to much bigger shoes to be filled at LDE. A dropoff there can be expected.

Edited by RandyHolt

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

Basically, we are in a catch-22 situation.  Like this Thursday...Rooting against the Bears improves our 2nd rounder, but also gives the Panthers another win thereby improving the Giants chances at the #1 pick.  What do we do LOL.  I figure Chicago plays all out since another Panthers loss is good for them.  Arizona is the real wildcard.  Kyler coming back will certainly help them.  

They have:

Atl

@ Houston

LAR

@ Pitt

SF

@ Chi

@ Philly

Sea

They will be favored to lose every game, but that team plays hard.  I could see them beating Chicago or even Atlanta this week. 

Root against the Bears. Keep it simple and do what's in your teams direct best interest. Otherwise things get too convoluted. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Standig

Screen Shot 2023-11-07 at 8.17.33 AM.png

Wait... the guy we drafted to play the Buffalo Nickel spot is good at buffalo nickel? And not necessarily at safety like this regime is trying to force him into being? 

Who would have figured that could be the case.

Yikes. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Wait... the guy we drafted to play the Buffalo Nickel spot is good at buffalo nickel? And not necessarily at safety like this regime is trying to force him into being? 

Who would have figured that could be the case.

Yikes. 

My thoughts exactly. Bizarre isn’t it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

They have:

Atl

@ Houston

LAR

@ Pitt

SF

@ Chi

@ Philly

Sea

With the Giants situation, it would take a lot for them to lose the #1 pick, I think.  Maybe when Tyrod gets back of IR, they can steal a win somewhere.  But I'd take the Bears losses, over the Giants somehow winning a couple.  

On 11/7/2023 at 7:59 AM, mhd24 said:

Interesting to watch Chicago going forward. A loss to Carolina hurts their chance at number 1 overall but helps their second 1 to be real high. 

Then later they have a game against Arizona which is such a tanking two-fer they should literally sing someone from this board to play QB for them for that game. 

On 11/7/2023 at 8:03 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree, if they can't get the top 2, they'd go Penix or McCarthy.   They are clearly done with Daniel jones from what I've read in the NY papers.

With Devito as the Giants starter, tough for me to see how they win games, it feels like orchestrated tanking.

Yeah, I've been saying this for a couple fo weeks. They have Devito in whom they seem completely unwilling to let throw the ball. He was in against the Jets two weeks ago and threw nothing but screens. To the extent the Jets just had 11 men near the line and crashing down on screens behind the line. They had like a 3rd and 18 in OT deep in their own territory where they threw a screen into coverage for a loss and then punted back to the Jets near FG range already. 

It seemed clearly to be a team that had no desire to win a game.