Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Performing Our Patriotic Duty

KDawg

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

Replacing Gates with Larsen and adding Crowder as a returner and stealing play time at WR has produced big differences.

Wish there was other similar moves to improve play...

I agree, and the replacement at RG too, they do not look a cluster....    Crowder has got a little fire to him and no.3 WR with good hands and is very quick and a vet who has played well most of the time everywhere he has been. We have not missed Samuels, that's why it would been nice to move him before the trade dead line. Crowder only helps Howell with his experience, hope he still has a couple of years left in the tank. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Can we give a stud to Mac Jones?  He was pretty much the reason they won yesterday.  He is beyond awful.

He is not good. But he was moving the ball without his top two receivers and would have had them in position to at least kick a FG to tie the game if his receiver didn't allow the ball right throw his hands. That should tell us something about our defense. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

9 minutes ago, MartinC said:

He is not good. But he was moving the ball without his top two receivers and would have had them in position to at least kick a FG to tie the game if his receiver didn't allow the ball right throw his hands. That should tell us something about our defense. 

Our defense was pathetic.   That game should have been a blow out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Everybody would. We tried that and only were offered a 6th in possibly the most QB deficient season ever.

Right, but the Giants are newly desperate, and they'd have to give extra for in the division trade. A 4th perhaps?  But, alas, we're past the trade deadline.

Edited by dswerdlw

2 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Right, but the Giants are newly desperate, and they'd have to give extra for in the division trade. A 4th perhaps?  But, alas, we're past the trade deadline.

They traded Leonard Williams. They're sellers. They're not giving up future capital to try to salvage this lost season. They'll tank for a top 3 pick and reset in 2024.

Still can't believe we lost to that disaster of a ballclub.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 2

Aside from that bonehead pick in the endzone, Howell played pretty damn well.  It sucked that his amazing run ended up being all for nothing due to that pick.

Robinson's fumble also was huge.  We just seem to make huge mistakes at the worst possible time.

EB's play calling on 3rd and short is just god awful.  Why the hell does he try to get so cute all the time?  It grinds my gears hard.

And the officiating was just awful yesterday.  In the past I feel it was one of those games that we wouldn't have been able to overcome the piss poor officiating, but with this team, even with the terrible turnovers, we prevailed, which  was nice to see.

In general yesterday, the officiating was terrible all over the NFL in multiple games.   It started with the TNF game too with flags being thrown on every god damn play.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Aside from that bonehead pick in the endzone, Howell played pretty damn well.  It sucked that his amazing run ended up being all for nothing due to that pick.

Robinson's fumble also was huge.  We just seem to make huge mistakes at the worst possible time.

EB's play calling on 3rd and short is just god awful.  Why the hell does he try to get so cute all the time?  It grinds my gears hard.

And the officiating was just awful yesterday.  In the past I feel it was one of those games that we wouldn't have been able to overcome the piss poor officiating, but with this team, even with the terrible turnovers, we prevailed, which  was nice to see.

In general yesterday, the officiating was terrible all over the NFL in multiple games.   It started with the TNF game too with flags being thrown on every god damn play.

Yeah hindsight is 20 20 but the amazing run is the biggest reason we should have called a time out the play before the pick. Dude was amped up and we were rushing. I was yelling at the t.v. to call a TO at the time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

Our defense was pathetic.   That game should have been a blow out.

I don't understand why our defense gets called pathetic even when they hold an opponent to under 20 points like they did yesterday.

I can see the case for mediocre in context to the opponent, very few if any sacks or turnovers, but they got the int to win the game back the offense was incapable of bleeding the clock out themselves.

The last few drives of that game was basically hot potato until our defense called game.  They cost us both Philly games, case can be made they won us the Pats game.

3 hours ago, method man said:

That’s not good. We gotta hope Tyrod comes back soon. Don’t want Williams or Maye to be Giants next year

I'd love to see how much pain they have to go through to get out the contract they gave Danny Dimes...good luck...

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't understand why our defense gets called pathetic even when they hold an opponent to under 20 points like they did yesterday.

I can see the case for mediocre in context to the opponent, very few if any sacks or turnovers, but they got the int to win the game back the offense was incapable of bleeding the clock out themselves.

The last few drives of that game was basically hot potato until our defense called game.  They cost us both Philly games, case can be made they won us the Pats game.

I dont know for sure but it seems the offense does not put together game ending, eat the clock drives, feels like whenever we have the lead and just need to take a couple mins off the clock and close it out we haven't been able to do so. Curious if anyone knows for a fact if this is the case, it sure feels like it.

• Like 1

3Fers

Good

• Howling Again - great game against a stout pass D. He looks a little clunky on his scrambles but is getting it done, and is sliding more.
  • Vet WRs - Pringle and Crowder pinch hitting over .500 and looking great.
  • DBs - overall a good day and didn't give up the big bomb deep.

Bad

• Stud/Dyami WRs drops... SSDD
  • LB play..  Jamin is not a great tackler although better this year. Anytime there is big run LBs have to be called out.
  • Nitpicking some but EB play calling on critical downs deserves a deep dive. Or, just keep it simple for Sam.

Mehgly

• OL / DL did enough to win but 3 sacks allowed was a bummer to see with NE giving up one none.
  • Teams meh Cheese was high again but Gibson had a nice return
  • No Sacks makes Jack a dull boy. Jones is a punk and was granted far too much respect. He should have been pressured more.
Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'd love to see how much pain they have to go through to get out the contract they gave Danny Dimes...good luck...

They are committed to him being on the roster next season. It would be a circa $70M dead cap hit to release or trade him. They can get out in '25 for a $22M dead cap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, MartinC said:

They are committed to him being on the roster next season. It would be a circa $70M dead cap hit to release or trade him. They can get out in '25 for a $22M dead cap.

I guess realistically if they end up tanking and getting a top QB in the draft the low salary would offset Danny Dimes contract. 

3 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I guess realistically if they end up tanking and getting a top QB in the draft the low salary would offset Danny Dimes contract. 

Yep. They could stash a rookie behind Jones for a year or if the rookie beats Jones out hes the (very) high priced backup.

• Like 1

Some of you are trying to blame EB for anything and everything that went wrong today. Obviously, there is always room for improvement, but EB can't make reciever's catch the ball or make the decision on where Sam will throw it. Sam throws a terrible int and people want to blame EB, he missed Dotson wide open in the middle, blame EB. A lot of this is on Sam, thats ok, he's learning, but I don't get why so many of you want to toss EB under the bus as if its protecting Howell or something.

• Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I dont know for sure but it seems the offense does not put together game ending, eat the clock drives, feels like whenever we have the lead and just need to take a couple mins off the clock and close it out we haven't been able to do so. Curious if anyone knows for a fact if this is the case, it sure feels like it.

Yeah, It's not jus you, bro...the play by play list to end the game shows that, they were taking minuscule number of minutes off the clock to end yesterday's game

• Like 1