Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Performing Our Patriotic Duty

KDawg

8 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I’m not a big EB fan but to me it seemed like Pringle went off-schedule once he saw Sam scrambling and just tried to make himself available. I don’t think the play was schemed up that way.

There were a few passes that Pringle caught under those circumstances.

On this play, Howell spun around and blindly threw it to a spot with 2 receivers in the area. Howell knew exactly where his players would be.

• Thumb up 1

I'm still not convinced on this team.

Score should have been 44-10 in our favor. We absolutely dominated in TOP and total yards but barely managed a 3 point difference.

And New England is atrocious. One of the worst Belli-Cheat teams I have ever seen. They will be selecting in the first 5 slots of the draft.

Our Defense is very irregular.

But hey, at least we had a more balanced attack with some flashes in the running game to compliment Howell's great day.

And only three sacks today. A huge improvement for our O-line two weeks in a row.

Edited by El Mexican
  • Like 1

Turns out when your linebacking core is mediocre at best, the opposing team's offenses will continue to attack the middle of the field regardless of who is or isn't on the D-line. 

From watching the D-line on pass rushes specifically they basically looked the same, a lot of "close....but didn't get quite get there before pass thrown" instances, the difference is now we have depth players doing it rather than a couple of supposed difference-makers doing it.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

21 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Turns out when your linebacking core is mediocre at best, the opposing team's offenses will continue to attack the middle of the field regardless of who is or isn't on the D-line. 

From watching the D-line on pass rushes specifically they basically looked the same, a lot of "close....but didn't get quite get there before pass thrown" instances, the difference is now we have depth players doing it rather than a couple of supposed difference-makers doing it.

Yep exactly. We're getting the same production, i.e. none, without having to pay all that money or deal with the Young baggage.

In fairness though Henry had a nice sack and was absolutely robbed by that garbage roughness penalty. 

Davis looked bad in coverage though. Dude looks so slow when in space. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, MartinC said:

I think hes feeling that toe still. There was a play when he broke clear on a slant and picked up 36 yards. But he was caught from behind - if he's full healthy he would have still been running. No one catches him from behind.

Geno Smith has reverted to more to who he is this season - a decent but not great starter. Seahawks is a winnable game.

My man Darrell Green would run him down. Maybe even now at 63 years old 😁

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, profusion said:

The Patriots are "ugly tough," so I didn't expect a sweeping win, but the Commanders added more drama than there needed to be.

Today was a mixture of solid play and too many missed opportunities. 

Starting to feel like if we could ever get everybody’s best day on the same day we might really have something here.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Howell to me looks like the real deal.  Just one request Sam, leave your old teammate behind, Dyami sucks.  Stop giving him major chances.  One of the worst receivers we've had in years in contested catch situations and just in general awful in just about any clutch situation. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Sad 3

The biggest takeaway for me is how bad the defense is, and that if they were playing any remotely competent QB/offense - they lose easily.

Allen and Payne are on milk cartons.  DLine still not getting home and our linebackers collectively might be the worst position group we’ve fielded in ages.

For anyone worried about winning “meaningless” games, don’t fret - not a chance this kind of performance produces a win in Seattle.

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The biggest takeaway for me is how bad the defense is, and that if they were playing any remotely competent QB/offense - they lose easily.

Allen and Payne are on milk cartons.  DLine still not getting home and our linebackers collectively might be the worst position group we’ve fielded in ages.

For anyone worried about winning “meaningless” games, don’t fret - not a chance this kind of performance produces a win in Seattle.

Looks like Payne's big sack year was a one off in his FA season.   I think he's a good player don't get me wrong but he wasn't really a sack guy in his career both in college or the pros until last season, good timing for him on that front.   1 sack this season

As for Jonathan Allen, 3 sacks.  He has a ton of pressures though.  But yeah neither have had monster games this season

Edited by Skinsinparadise

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Looks like Payne's big sack year was a one off in his FA season.   I think he's a good player don't get me wrong but he wasn't really a sack guy in his career both in college or the pros until last season, good timing for him on that front.   1 sack this season

As for Jonathan Allen, 3 sacks.  He has a ton of pressures though.  But yeah neither have had monster games this season

It’s not even so much the sacks I’m missing from those two, there’s also just a lack of chaos created.  Every QB we face is way too comfortable back there.  Our best plays on defense tend to be unforced errors.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s not even so much the sacks I’m missing from those two, there’s also just a lack of chaos created.  Every QB we face is way too comfortable back there.  Our best plays on defense tend to be unforced errors.

I follow.  they haven't been game breaking disruptive.    They've both had moments though but not enough

2 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

One main problem with our win yesterday was Rivera survives for at least 1 more week as HC, I think defeat yesterday and at the Seahawks could have been the end. 

There is no chance he gets fired mid season unless a full blown mutiny occurs

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2