Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Patriots

zCommander

Just now, Bigmuss1 said:

That’s why you call TO!!!!  Calm young guy down and don’t let him make a play like that.   Tell him turnover is killer here, use your ****ing Time Outs!!!!!

To me, it's on Sam and the lack of coaching. Needed a TO there

• Like 2

Just now, CommanderDOOM said:

I mean, can you ultimately be the guy And throw that ****??

Yes. It was an incredibly boneheaded decision, but every young QB makes the occasional boneheaded decision. Hell, even experienced vets still make occasional boneheaded decisions.

• Like 2

Just now, Bigmuss1 said:

That’s why you call TO!!!!  Calm young guy down and don’t let him make a play like that.   Tell him turnover is killer here, use your ****ing Time Outs!!!!!

This is so important. Slow the game down for the young qb. Sure it was a bad throw, but you had the time outs. Slow the game down and even run the ball twice. 

• Like 5

Just now, CommanderDOOM said:

I mean, can you ultimately be the guy And throw that ****??

yeah, but not many QBs have a Josh Allen growth curve. We’ll see, Howell looks better than Allen did early on—but again, it’s atypical to see a guy improve his turnovers and decision-making like that (Allen still has some dumb plays each week)

• Like 1

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Well yeah cuz if he saw it and still threw it we have bigger problems 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Well yeah cuz if he saw it and still threw it we have bigger problems 

If you look at the field view there were three people in front of him. Some comments were he was throwing it away and must have messed up. Where i think he was throwing it to Logan (i think it was logan)in the back and didnt see the defender hidden from view 

Question for those who think that play means Howell can’t be the guy…

Do you watch other games? Have you seen some of the passes Josh Allen throws? Or Mahomes? Or Rodgers? 

These guys make bad plays. 

3 months ago Sam was “only a fifth rounder” to a lot of folks, and now he’s expected to never make mistakes from some.

Thankfully, most folks in this thread seem to understand: It was an absolutely horrendous pass. Shouldn’t have thrown it. Really bad decision. But, they were only down there because of him. 

His bad pass isn’t excused. It’s sucked. He needs to learn and grow.

But NFL QBs do this. He’s still in his rookie year of starts. Patience is a virtue.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2