Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

otherwise Jason would be gone by now.

I don't know if Wright is out of the woods yet. Harris may just not have wanted to clean house on the football and business sides simultaneously.

That's my hope at least...but as I'm sure you can tell, I absolutely loathe Jason Wright

7 hours ago, Curtisp5286 said:

I think you are missing an obvious option 4.  There was no clear #1 choice early on and they legitimately used the interview process to determine their favorite.

I guess it’s possible that in the end Macdonald was their 1st choice but hired away, but they probably won’t ever tell anyone that.

I don’t really understand the apparent need to hear spin from the organization pounding the table that Quinn was their #1 choice.  They obviously liked him a lot.  I can tell because they hired him.  I don’t need to hear spin.

That's not really an option. No matter the process, eventually you have a top pick. You seem to be suggesting there was NO top pick. But, by definition, there always is a top pick. For the reasons l already put forth, it seems extremely likely it wasn't Quinn.

1 minute ago, profusion said:

With Wright, I'd mostly want to know how he's done since Josh bought the team. We haven't heard much from or about him since then, which is how it should be in a normal non-Snyder organization.

The team prior to Josh was grasping at straws for customer acquisition and retention. We went through a rebrand and needed a lot of PR and customer outreach. Jason Wright had some blunders, took responsibility for them (as far as I remember), and went through a period where it was clear ownership was out the door. I don’t care for him, but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in his current position. People like to blame those in charge, regardless of what they did or didn’t do. I’ll stop there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jason epitomizes the lack of attention to detail that permeates throughout an organization.  Do the little things right.  All the time.  Be maniacal about the little things  as a leader.  Then those that follow will do the same

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

Is he really the QB guru guy though? 

Williams already had his heisman year before Kingsbury got there. This past year he wasn't as good.

Murray looked good during that 8-9 game winning streak, not much after that.

Mahomes? Was he really that good in college?

-His 6 years in the Big-12 he had a top 4 offense 5 times.

-He had Baker Mayfield, who did well enough to be able to transfer to a bigger program.

-He recruited Mahomes, who was not a highly regarded HS prospect, then made him look good enough to win the Sammy Baugh award (NCAA most outstanding passer) and get drafted #10.

-He had Kyler Murray and made him look good enough to win Offensive ROY and make the Pro Bowl twice.

I think there is decent evidence that he is good at teaching QBs.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, formerly4skins said:

For the Jason Wright apologists patting that jerk-off on the back for offering to pay the ES bill...

If he runs the business side of the operation... wasn't it his job, or the job of someone he is responsible for...to pay that bill in the first place?

My perspective is that the team is under no obligation to continue keeping this board online. Most other teams don't have official sponsored message boards if I'm not mistaken. And of course the head of Biz Ops is not going to be in the nitty gritty enough to be keeping tabs on website hosting fees. In any case, he could have not given two ****s about this place but he chose to care. I won't speak ill of him for that.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Is he really the QB guru guy though? 

That's the 6.05 billion dollar question.

If we hire him he better be, otherwise our rebirth as a contending team is probably doomed to failure and another reset in 3 to 4 years.

The most important hiring decision left to make this off season is the person or persons who will be directly involved in developing our rookie qb.

Everything depends on getting that right.

Josh Harris, Peters, Quinn and the rest of our decision makers can't afford to **** this up. 

All that you and @SkinsFTW need to know about Kliff Kingsbury.  This is when it was thought he was the supposed hire for the Raiders but he will eventually end up here, I believe.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have not read all the stuff about Ben Johnson but I think I read enough to believe the team dodged a bullet. This is not revisionist history, I honestly believe that. This is 2 yrs in a row he has "pulled out of jobs" when they seemed to be his for the taking. And this year, two teams, not just one, stated he did not interview well and his asking price was pretty high. Him saying the team is run by basketball people is just childish and not true. Adam Peters has more football knowledge than Ben by far. And there were a few other football people in the room. And to annouce he was dropping out while they werre in flight with a text is not what professionals do. He could have waiting the hour or so for them to land and get thme on the phone and tell them personally, thanks but no thanks. Not typically a good idea to burn bridges in the NFL and he has burned 3 teams at least. I said before this sounding like a Josh McDaniels thing and it looks like the case is being made. 

Now, Washington leaking details is not cool either. Would guess they would liek to have that one back. My guess is it came from some of the aperatus left over from the snyder era. Weed them out and stop the leaks. 

Who knows if Quinn will be successful here. I like his leadership on the outside. But his last few Atalnta teams under performed. People can learn from mistakes. Let's see if he learned from his. He will have some very highly motivated people to help him and plenty of resources - 2nd pick and other draft picks and a ton of cap.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

If Kliff lived in LA that amount of $ would get him a nice 2 bed, 2 bath condo.

😂

When I moved to the US I had the choice of Bay Area, Boston or Phoenix area. 

My wife wanted somewhere with a warm climate and mild winters. So that was Boston out. 

For what we paid in Chandler for 3500 sq ft backing onto a lack with a boat dock I literally couldn’t get a 2 bed 2 bath anywhere not routinely on fire in San Francisco.

42 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

-He had Baker Mayfield, who did well enough to be able to transfer to a bigger program.

He had Mayfield as a walk on who he started as a freshman. Which is pretty remarkable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Something I don’t understand about Kingsbury: he’s considered an obsessively hard worker - like showing up to the facilities everyday a 3:30am and leaving later than everyone else kind of work ethic. I’ve heard this from media, Arizona fans, etc. And yet, his offenses have been consistently criticized for lacking attention to detail and racking up penalties (as @AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy mentioned above). 

Tough for me to reconcile those two things. Either he’s not actually working as hard as people think, or he’s focusing on the wrong stuff to be obsessive over. Hopefully he’s self-aware enough to have learned from that and will improve going forward. 

Come actual practice time, he was probably a sleep deprived zombie babbling fool. Sometimes working hard means working hard to make up for lets just call it deficiencies.  I have no idea if he is a mastermind or not but anyone that works that hard and fails... not sure how much harder than can work to correct over working themselves.

8 hours ago, Command The 414 said:

Definitely agree with you on that … the twit I shared probably is just a random posting out garbage, I had to post though to garner thoughts lol 

The NHL hockey trade deadline used to feature a TON of trades and rumors were flying around. One year maybe 10 years ago I conducted an experiment and tweeted out a random low level random caps trade rumor and sure enough one of the big names in rumors Eklund ran with it. E1!

1 minute ago, BleedBNG said:

He's right about Quinn going up to Kyle and saying "Hey mothereffer, we're running the football" 

Second time HC's that won the SB or SBs:

Pete Carroll 
Bill Belichick 
Tom Coughlin 
Tony Dungy 
Andy Reid 
Jon Gruden 
Mike Shanahan

Quinn can add his name to that list too. He alone put together an outstanding coaching staff first time around.  Think of what he can do now that he's seasoned and ready and we have one of the best young GMs!  Let's do it! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, formerly4skins said:

I don't know if Wright is out of the woods yet. Harris may just not have wanted to clean house on the football and business sides simultaneously.

That's my hope at least...but as I'm sure you can tell, I absolutely loathe Jason Wright

I can tell you loathe Wright but some of the blame is misplaced IMHO. He had a horrendous boss. I think he's involved in the planning of a new stadium so he brings value to Harris.

18 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Come actual practice time, he was probably a sleep deprived zombie babbling fool. Sometimes working hard means working hard to make up for lets just call it deficiencies.  I have no idea if he is a mastermind or not but anyone that works that hard and fails... not sure how much harder than can work to correct over working themselves.

The NHL hockey trade deadline used to feature a TON of trades and rumors were flying around. One year maybe 10 years ago I conducted an experiment and tweeted out a random low level random caps trade rumor and sure enough one of the big names in rumors Eklund ran with it. E1!

To be fair Eklund hasnt hit on a rumor in 20+ years.  Hes the most unreliable name in sports.

• Like 1