Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I consider all of these things when discussing Kingsbury. I watched the Cardinals play enough to see that their offense was consistently a hot mess.

I don’t think that being obsessed over drawing up unique plays and coaching/teaching the details of said plays are one and the same. I think Kingsbury is maybe good at the former, but poor at the latter. Which is why his unit underachieved relative to expectations. 

There were a lot of variables in AZ where I’ve always thought there’s no way that was the best of him.  

To each their own, but I’d give him a fresh start here, focused solely on our offense and new QB, while Dan handles being head coach.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

He’’s Not a play caller in Miami. He’d be a play caller here. I thought that distinction would mean it’s not a lateral move.

I don’t THINK that’s correct. It would be a lateral move that the Dolphins would have to agree to. Not sure why it would make any sense for Smith either - he’s better placed at the Dolphins to be part of next years HC interview process.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This is true.  But also, this is rich coming from the guy who was likely the primary leak in the organization over all these years.

Well it was obvious there was no culture change when you had offensive players badmouthing the OC through Ron and the media.

1. Kingsbury 

2. Kelly

Both of these guys fit the mold of an innovative offensive mastermind that everybody is looking for to work with our new QB. It’s like getting a Ben Johnson or Slowick, but with more seasoning. Both were elevated a little too quickly, straight to the head coach position for their first taste of coaching in the NFL. Predictably, there was some adjusting that had to happen. But with that experience under their belt, either one should be even better now at their specialty, which is cooking up a high powered offense. And they don’t have to worry about the rest of the crap that a HC deals with on a daily basis. I do believe either one is an excellent fit to go with Quinn. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

My goodness.. please say it ain’t so

IMG_0608.jpeg

The thumbs down is for interviewing this guy, by no means its towards you.....I really hope we don't go this route. I'd rather have any of the mentioned candidates over this guy......And I completely missed the other comments that this is some random BS tweet

Edited by DazedSkinsfan
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I would agree with this.

Circumstantially it seems pretty clear Quinn wasn't their first choice. Arguably the most damning evidence of this is when Keim was directly asked if Quinn was the team's first choice. His answer: I don't know. Now there are two possibilities: (1) Keim literally doesn't know and answered truthfully; or (2) he does know and is not saying. As to the latter, if Keim knew Quinn was choice #1, wouldn't he say that? Everyone wins. Keim looks good. The team looks good. Quinn looks good. But he's not saying that. Which leaves the other possibility, that Keim knows Quinn wasn't Choice #1. But he doesn't want to admit that publicly, because he doesn't want to make anyone look bad. He still has to cover this team and why burn bridges this early? So he basically pleads the fifth. Or maybe going back to the original options, Keim legitly doesn't know. I mean he's a good reporter and pretty looped in. So if he doesn't know, who does? So there's that. But wouldn't you think the team would try and float stories that Quinn was the first choice regardless? You don't want stories out there that he wasn't their top choice. And if those stories are out there, Keim is clearly hearing them. And if he's not reporting it, it means it either conflicts with other things he's heard or he can't otherwise confirm it. Hence, the "don't" know. That, or the team is too lazy to even float any stories about Quinn and Keim legitly can't get any info. Those are basically the three options:

(1) Keim knows Quinn wasn't the first choice, but doesn't want to say it publicly to not lose sources;

(2) Keim is hearing the team put out stories that Quinn is their top choice, but either has sources refuting that or at least clouding it enough that he cannot verify it; or

(3) The team is too lazy to even try and spin the Quinn hiring and Keim cannot otherwise confirm Quinn was the top choice.

Arguably option 3 is the best option if you want to believe Quinn was the top choice, but assumes a lot of things that are pretty unlikely and even then it only leaves open a possibility.

The other main thing suggested Quinn wasn't option # 1 was the timing.

I don't think they can hire Frank Smith unless the Dolphins let him leave. Even if he doesn't call plays, he is the coordinator and I believe the Dolphins can block any interviews

I think you are missing an obvious option 4.  There was no clear #1 choice early on and they legitimately used the interview process to determine their favorite.

I guess it’s possible that in the end Macdonald was their 1st choice but hired away, but they probably won’t ever tell anyone that.

I don’t really understand the apparent need to hear spin from the organization pounding the table that Quinn was their #1 choice.  They obviously liked him a lot.  I can tell because they hired him.  I don’t need to hear spin.

Edited by Curtisp5286
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

The thumbs down is for interviewing this guy, by no means its towards you.....I really hope we don't go this route. I'd rather have any of the mentioned candidates over this guy

It’s fake info posted by a nobody on Twitter.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

The thumbs down is for interviewing this guy, by no means its towards you.....I really hope we don't go this route. I'd rather have any of the mentioned candidates over this guy......And I completely missed the other comments that this is some random BS tweet

I didn’t take it that way, I too have given thumbs down to post and hoped the poster didn’t think it was toward them… I really appreciate you letting me know though… 👍

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

59 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

My goodness.. please say it ain’t so

IMG_0608.jpeg

Edit: fake random twitter account, I gotta read better and we as a forum have to vet what we post better 

I actually would consider not watching this year if they did this. 

I don’t expect them to, but that’s how bad Canada is—it would invalidate a lot of what they’ve said they’re trying to do. It would kill my enthusiasm for a young QB and for following this rebuild. It would be a disaster that seriously damaged the outlook of this ownership group for me. I’d expect them to learn from it in the future, but wouldn’t consider them ready to field a watchable football team anytime soon if this was a move they endorsed. Would lose a lot of enthusiasm for Peters and his football mind as well.

Again, don’t expect them to, if this rumor is even true. Let’s hope it isn’t.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

I actually would consider not watching this year if they did this. 

I don’t expect them to, but that’s how bad Canada is—it would invalidate a lot of what they’ve said they’re trying to do. It would kill my enthusiasm for a young QB and for following this rebuild. It would be a disaster that seriously damaged the outlook of this ownership group for me. I’d expect them to learn from it in the future, but wouldn’t consider them ready to field a watchable football team anytime soon if this was a move they endorsed. Would lose a lot of enthusiasm for Peters and his football mind as well.

Again, don’t expect them to, if this rumor is even true. Let’s hope it isn’t.

I’m sorry I posted this without doing enough research, it was fake news and just a post on Twitter by a random fan… it wasn’t my intent to spread false narratives, I enjoy this board too much to do that… I’m sorry everyone,  I removed the original post in hopes to clarify my mistake. 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

47 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Yeah, EB certainly destroyed our all star level roster and superstar assistant coaches!

What does this have to do with how much he demonstrably struggled with calling plays? No situational awareness, no ability to sequence plays in a way that set up other teams, no ability to disguise anything in the run or pass game. No sign that he understood the strengths of his players and catered to them, or knew how to attempt to hide their weaknesses. 

None of that has anything to do with coaching assistants or player personnel. They are all things that can be isolated to EB’s decision making and choices as OC week to week. 

Don’t really understand what you’re even defending, by default, by saying what you said in this post. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, No Nonsense said:

There seems to be some confusion, that's why I asked. Even Wiki says that he's the Commanders DC. 

Wait until you see a team tweet/x or when they update the coaching chart on the Redwolves official site. 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

So is Joe Whitt Jr officially the DC? 

Just a guess as others have posted on ES. I think both Witt and Kingsbury or their pick as OC are named at the same time on Monday at the presser for Quinn.  Just a guess. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Conn said:

What does this have to do with how much he demonstrably struggled with calling plays? No situational awareness, no ability to sequence plays in a way that set up other teams, no ability to disguise anything in the run or pass game. No sign that he understood the strengths of his players and catered to them, or knew how to attempt to hide their weaknesses. 

None of that has anything to do with coaching assistants or player personnel. They are all things that can be isolated to EB’s decision making and choices as OC week to week. 

Don’t really understand what you’re even defending, by default, by saying what you said in this post. 

I don't want him here and want him to move on, but none of the pro internet scouts have any idea why he came to the conclusions that he did. My eyes saw a different flow when a veteran QB got inserted into the lineup so I know he's not a completely incompetent boob.

His biggest error was running with a limited quarterback in 2023 so he's going down with that ship.

Moving on to 2024.

38 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There were a lot of variables in AZ where I’ve always thought there’s no way that was the best of him.  

To each their own, but I’d give him a fresh start here, focused solely on our offense and new QB, while Dan handles being head coach.  

I’m not saying that Kingsbury won’t work out here. It’s possible.

But my question is why hasn’t anyone ever seen the “best of him” at any of his coaching jobs? He has underachieved everywhere. 

He seems like a whiteboard wizard that lacks certain attributes on game day.

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

No. Quinn was never the first choice.

He was the guy standing when the smoke cleared. And that’s not a bad thing necessarily. He survived all the tests and remained when all the other candidates moved on or weren’t our choice. 

We’re being sold that he was their guy all along (though I haven’t seen reports saying exactly that, but the implication is they were enamored from the start), but he wasn’t. If he was, we wouldn’t have been the last team to hire a head coach.

I don’t think it’s complicated.

I think they thought highly of Quinn from the start but liked other potential hires better.

Quinn knew he would get a job at the end of the 2014 season. He had a deal in place with Kyle that they would be a package deal.  This year was completely different. If Ben Johnson doesn’t pull out of the running, Quinn doesn’t have a HC job.

That’s not an indictment on Quinn. Same is true for Vrabel and BB. My point being that given Quinn was not a guarantee to get a job unlike 2015, a hot OC is not going to commit to him in advance. Doesn’t make sense for the OC to do that unless he is sure the HC he is committing to will have a job.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Canada is just another version of EB, but worse.  Just get Kingbury and be done with it

He was the first and only Steelers coach to be fired during a season, I'm wondering why do they interview him ?

• Like 2

Just now, FrFan said:

He was the first and only Steelers coach to be fired during a season, I'm wondering why do they interview him ?

If he’s unemployed it might end up being for an assistant role on offense.