Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

That's my first thought and Kelly goes to the Raiders.  Kingsbury probably prefers our draft position and one of the top QBs.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

You must have missed my post earlier. It’s okay, we can’t read everything.

I’m super amped for Kelly.

Woo. Hoo.

I didn’t miss it.  I recognized that post, and this post for that matter, as sarcasm and I’m proud of myself. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, oraphus said:

you honestly obtuse enough to believe that FOs and coaches don't agree to wink nod contracts prior to satisfying all the legal requirements prior to an 'official' offer?  what are you 12?

So I assume you were able to Google the fact that you had no idea what you were talking about when it comes to the Rooney Rule?  Now you move on to speculations, assumptions, and insults.  Nice.

If Commanders wanted Ben Johnson so badly that they were willing to violate the tampering rule and the Rooney Rule, they could have easily satisfied the Rooney Rule before Detroit got knocked out and extended an official offer to Johnson on Sunday evening instead of scheduling an in person interview on Tuesday.  There is absolutely no benefit to be gained by violation of the rules here instead of doing what I outlined above.  The fact that they were actively interviewing 4 other candidates in between Detroit's loss and Johnson's scheduled interview is far more consistent with Keim and Schefter's reporting (that Johnson was never a lock).  The fact that Seattle also shifted gears to Macdonald, someone they did not even virtually interview, despite an in person interview with Johnson also supports that Johnson didn't interview well. 

The Detroit blogger's allegation would mean that the Commanders brass completely unnecessarily violated two important hiring rules and also added to their idiocy by having a standing offer to Johnson and still conducted multiple interviews while the offer was outstanding.  That would lead Johnson to think WTF and would also lead other candidates (present and future), agents, league personnel to all think it's amateur hour at Ashburn and their words can't be trusted. 

Even if Commanders were willing to violate the tampering policy and extend a "standing offer" prior to elimination (for whatever good that does), they would at least save themselves from one major violation by fulfilling the Rooney Rule way earlier in the hiring cycle.  

There is zero evidence beyond one reporting that Johnson had some sort of a standing offer.  The timeline makes no sense and the reporting by other top reporters specifically refute the story that Commanders decided on Johnson.  Use some of that common sense ffs.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

As for Jason Reid he hates this organization.  He loves Shanahan.  I used to think it was all about Snyder but he kept crapping on this team after he left too.

the only love I can recall ever getting from Reid, not that it matters, is when they drafted Haskins and he said they finally got QB right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Why did The Screaming Idiot put wonder in quotes? I think I answered my own question 

Do people actually listen to his radio show? Pretty sure Jim Hazelett was is only source...ever.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

As for Jason Reid he hates this organization.  He loves Shanahan.  I used to think it was all about Snyder but he kept crapping on this team after he left too.

the only love I can recall ever getting from Reid, not that it matters, is when they drafted Haskins and he said they finally got QB right.

Yeah, and that latter part should tell you all you need to know about Reid. He’s a Mike Wilbon wannabe

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

"Kliff Kingsbury, and the Commanders are among the teams that swooped in to try and hire Kingsbury as offensive coordinator. Kliff-to-DC is in play."

It looks like this story is gaining momentum.

Quick forum poll: 

Give this post thumbs up if you are in favor of Kingsbury as our new OC and thumbs down if you're not.

EDIT:

Since I can't give my own post a thumbs up, for the record I'm definitely in favor of Kingsbury over the other available candidates.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 12
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

"Kliff Kingsbury, and the Commanders are among the teams that swooped in to try and hire Kingsbury as offensive coordinator. Kliff-to-DC is in play."

It looks like this story is gaining momentum.

Quick forum poll: 

Give this post thumbs up if you are in favor of Kingsbury as our new OC and thumbs down if you're not.

👍👍👍👍

• Thumb up 2