Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Are we really taking the word of Jason Reid and a TB Buccaneers reporter (why would she have any special access here?) over the word of legit reporters like Keim and Garafolo?

Must be in the Twilight Zone. 

Who gives a ****.

Johnson didn’t choose us, we didn’t choose him… why does it matter? He’s not here. 

The Hummer is in Detroit. Dairy Quinn is here and we have a little Whitt and perhaps some Chips.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Are we really taking the word of Jason Reid and a TB Buccaneers reporter (why would she have any special access here?) over the word of legit reporters like Keim and Garafolo?

Must be in the Twilight Zone. 

I have zero doubt that this is coming from Johnson's camp. He's trying to rehabilitate his image after pulling a **** move by canceling his interview at the last second. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I think for anyone willing to take a step back it seems clear what's happening here: BJ needed some help with image cleanup on aisle X after word got out that almost everyone at the Senior Bowl was surprised and down on how he handled the situation (someone can check me but I thought this was objective fact by now). It was hardly an isolated view of the Commanders brass.

And please, the "basketball guys?" Both Peters and Spielman were in the (virtual) room. 

Edit: didn't even need to say it but I'm done with this now. 

Edited by sinews

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

Every time see that name in reference to this team it triggers my Commanders PTSD. I say we call him DQ or Quinn. 🤪

As long as we don't have to call him "Mister Quinn". 

The hype machine on Johnson was totally outta control. Thankfully we have The Gospel According to Saint John (Keim, that is). He's not swayed by the oft-ill informed echo chamber among his colleagues, and doesn't fall for the agent-driven promotion that floods the airwaves.

Johnson was never offered a contract by us. And he can try to save face with the nonsense "basketball guys" stuff all he wants. Peters is a football guy through and through, and he's the GM. So would Johnson gave turned down the Falcons because Arthur is a hammer, nail and sheetrock guy, not a football guy? As my sisters say: chiiiild, please 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

No hate, but if we can get at least a 2nd round pick for him, Im totally fine trading him. I'm getting tired of him being the spokesman of the team, like he's Michah Parsons or Aaron Donald....Shut up and focus on YOUR game, and figure out how to get more than 5.5 sacks next season. I hope this offseason between FA & draft signings, we acquire some blue chip talent/vocal leaders on this team. And I hope the new coaches dont go out of their way to kiss Jonathan Allens ass like Rivera constantly did. 

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Who gives a ****.

Johnson didn’t choose us, we didn’t choose him… why does it matter? He’s not here. 

The Hummer is in Detroit. Dairy Quinn is here and we have a little Whitt and perhaps some Chips.

Take the chips away and brng the Fleury!  

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Who gives a ****.

It matters when it comes to the national narrative on Washington’s new ownership group, and could hurt us down the line with coaches, FAs, etc. if people actually begin believing the whole “arrogant basketball guys” narrative.  We as fans know it’s all BS, but it’s easy to believe for people who don’t follow the team closely and only associate Washington with the stink we’ve had hovering over us for decades. 

Don’t get me wrong. At the end of the day, it would have a very minimal impact, if any. But every edge you can (or can’t) get matters in this league. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah Keim has talked about it some, but more Sheehan hit hard that he'd be very surprised if Bieniemy is a coordinator here this year.  He hinted that there are stories that happened relating to him last season that fans don't know about but media knows.

EB has to go!  Biggest strike against FO and Quinn is if he stays but again, we have beat reporter reporting this stuff. 

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

It matters when it comes to the national narrative on Washington’s new ownership group, and could hurt us down the line with coaches, FAs, etc. if people actually begin believing the whole “arrogant basketball guys” narrative.  We as fans know it’s all BS, but it’s easy to believe for people who don’t follow the team closely and only associate Washington with the stink we’ve had hovering over us for decades. 

Don’t get me wrong. At the end of the day, it would have a very minimal impact, if any. But every edge you can (or can’t) get matters in this league. 

The only thing that will matter about this ownership group is if they find success. 

The basketball guy thing was so predictable to be a criticism. Magic, Harris and Myers are all basketball guys. You couldn’t telegraph that criticism more. And, to be honest, Harris walked into it with hiring Myers to assist.

Having said that… that doesn’t mean anything. Peters has a pedigree and Spielman has a history. 

This ownership group will be judged by the overall product, not bitter grapes with a coach. But it’s in their best interest to stop talking about it now and let the narrative settle. They can’t win by going back and forth on it. 

Let’s focus on how amazing Chip Kelly is going to be! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Honestly, Johnson just seems like a prick who is way too full of himself right now. Dude, you've been running an above average offense for two years now. Settle yourself down, sir 🙄

Hopefully the league humbles him sooner than later. 

Im not trying to make myself feel better about missing out on Ben but how many times have we seen these flavor of the day coordinators flame out once they get a HC position.  One thing to remember with Johnson is he's surrounded with ridiculous talent that would make EB and Turner look like actual OCs. Obviously we have no idea how his career will turn out,  he might get a HC job next year and become the next Andy Reid,  but with all the information coming out from all different directions he certainly doesn't feel like a strong "leader" at this point

• Thanks 1

Just now, actorguy1 said:

That puts Chip Kelly back in play for the Raiders OC position, believe he interviewed at least once if not twice with them. Interesting development. 

• Like 1