Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Riggo-toni said:

All the "leader of men" stuff was said about Rivera 4 years ago. If we were forced to settle, Vrabel would have been a better choice. Whomever we draft at QB will be labeled a bust, Quim will be fired after year 2, and then we finally get an offensive guy who rehabilitates Drake Maye or whomever.

Maybe this is part of Harris' plan to tank for the first two years so we can stock up on draft picks.

From John Keim's podcast Vrabel was never an option.   He clashed big time with the GM John Robinson who was fired last year.  Then he struggled to get along with their new GM, Ray Carthon.  That is part of the reason the Titans decided to move on.  Vrabel would be a good hire if you were wiling to have a coach with GM powers like we had with Rivera.   Josh Harris does not believe in that set up and hence neither Vrabel or Belichick were ever on the radar or got an interview.

• Like 1

Not excited by this but also not disappointed. It’s not Ron 2.0 to me because hes not got full control, hes just coaching.

Big thing for me is who is the OC going to be. That may have been announced but I’m swamped and not fully caught up, the OC and choice of QB will make or break this.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Not excited by this but also not disappointed. It’s not Ron 2.0 to me because hes not got full control, hes just coaching.

Big thing for me is who is the OC going to be. That may have been announced but I’m swamped and not fully caught up, the OC and choice of QB will make or break this.

Nothing yet

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FuriousD said:

Found it for those interested in this “rumor”… 

I don’t Twitter so can’t vouch for authenticity but my spider sense suggests click bait 

Yeah even though McDonald also got 6 years it just didn't seem to me to be TOO far fetched. I posted it as a pic and not a link. I thought the pic of Peter's saying GTFOH was funny. 

Edited by BleedBNG

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If all 31 teams were hiring and they all passed over Quinn.  Bad look for Quinn.   

giphy.gif

You all know exactly what I mean. Not a single team has been beating down the door to have Quinn as their coach for several years now. There's an average of 7 new coaches every year, none were chasing after him. Square that.

• Thumb up 2

I'm enthusiastic about football season because...well, football season.

I was looking forward to seeing what the Commies do out of habit more than anything, really.  I love that Snyder is gone, the Peters hiring is great but I am markedly less enthusiastic about the Quinn hire as head coach.  

Anyway, someone put this together in burgundy and gold, please:

GettyImages-1289092809-scaled-e164814999

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, Skins24 said:

You say this, but haven't explained this.

What did they bumble? Hiring a GM first instead of a head coach?

What exactly was the dysfunction that made national headlines?

Ok, fair enough, we don't know what happened behind the scenes so I shouldn't place blame. I am going to say that it feels to me that they put all of their eggs in the Ben Johnson basket and then had to scramble when he rebuked the Commanders. Johnson definitely gets some blame in the way he decided to tell us he wasn't interested, but the front office absolutely looked like they were caught flat footed.

2 minutes ago, DCF said:

You all know exactly what I mean. Not a single team has been beating down the door to have Quinn as their coach for several years now. There's an average of 7 new coaches every year, none were chasing after him. Square that.

He turned down interviews last off season including Denver’s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Simmsy said:

Ok, fair enough, we don't know what happened behind the scenes so I shouldn't place blame. I am going to say that it feels to me that they put all of their eggs in the Ben Johnson basket and then had to scramble when he rebuked the Commanders. Johnson definitely gets some blame in the way he decided to tell us he wasn't interested, but the front office absolutely looked like they were caught flat footed.

It seems to be that Quinn was legitimately their #2 candidate, and when their #1 candidate walked, they just went to the next name on their list.  For better or for worse, I think this is what they wanted after BJ was off the table...

• Like 1

Just now, MartinC said:

It’s not Ron 2.0 to me because hes not got full control, hes just coaching

This is crucial. I think time will tell but we're finally going to see what a competent GM can do for a team and its coach. As a fanbase, the last 4 years of the pallid coach-centric model have convinced people that all of our hopes and failures rest on Q alone. This is still a Peters proving ground, first and foremost. Looking forward to the fruits of their collaboration, and just so happy to have a real GM. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Not yet but it's rumored that possibly Al Harris may become his DC here in Washington. 

• Like 1

A

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

He turned down interviews last off season including Denver’s.

Ok, are we trying to split hairs, or is there a true argument that lots of teams would have hired Quinn over the last few years if given the chance? Because I highly doubt the latter.

Just now, RWJ said:

Not yet but it's rumored that possibly Al Harris may become his DC here in Washington. 

Just based on what little I've seen/read on this, seems like Joe Whitt Jr. may be Quinn's DC here, and Harris will be DC in Dallas.

2 minutes ago, sinews said:

This is crucial. I think time will tell but we're finally going to see what a competent GM can do for a team and its coach. As a fanbase, the last 4 years of the pallid coach-centric model have convinced people that all of our hopes and failures rest on Q alone. This is still a Peters proving ground, first and foremost. Looking forward to the fruits of their collaboration, and just so happy to have a real GM. 

This team has never had a traditional competent GM + competent coach setup since Gibbs and Beathard left in the 90s. The coach/GM such as Rivera didn't work, and the "GMs" we had in the past weren't anywhere near being competent...Cerrato, Bruce Allen, and Snyder himself who made the pick for Dwayne Haskins!!

• Like 3