Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, PigskinRedskin said:

Booo!

Not the worst hire, but not a good hire, in my view. Could be worse is not good news to me, and not an OC either. Not a fan, at all. But I hated Ron even more, and honestly I've pretty much hated every guy brought in other than Gibbs II for the past 20 years. Only guy I mildly liked was shanny, and he proved to be a complete ----- head.

Not a fan of a joe average retread. Also fearful that they go defense like under Ron, when they need to provide help to the rookie QB. Prove me wrong, Quinn, but I'm highly skeptical. Even the name is uninspiring. 

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Dallas fans aren't happy.

He is a Dallas fan, but he's also a fantasy guy (Dynasty) and a reporter of some sort I think, but also a Dallas honk. I can't remember all the groups he worked with, but he did spend a year with playerprofiler back in like '17 or '18. 

1. I hope Quinn coaches like a head coach instead of a DC. Two different mindsets and skill sets. 

2. Hire excellent candidates for OC and DC who know what they are doing. Even if they only stay one year, we need them to manage those positions so Quinn can do his job. 

3. Hire the best QB coach around and pay them to stay more than one year. Our young QBs need consistency.

4. Build the ****ing lines on both sides of the ball, emphasis on OL.

That's all for now.

• Like 11
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, my_friend_goo said:

What he does bring is the maturity and experience to see a franchise in transition through its first years under new ownership. If he doesn't succeed? Well, hopefully by then the team will have the promise of better facilities and a better stadium with which to lure candidates. 

All due respect, nobody wants this.  They'll have to pull this off in the pitch-black with no support.

7 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Interesting if true. Otoh, I suspect Detroit's gonna be damn good next year with Jameson Williams, a largely unexplored option since being drafted top 12 or 15 in '22, added to an already humming offense, LaPorta and Gibbs in year 2, Monty with another year or two left before he fully collapses on the age cliff. They should be really, really good. If they are, he's gonna be asked. But yeah, I would bet that GM's would be suspicious now. No chance to avoid that, with weird behavior in back to back offseasons (even if it was explicable, this year, it was still crappy behavior). 

At minimum, a deep run into the playoff next year probably creates a big hurdle for him to remain in consideration or outright eliminates him.  Teams will likely be reluctant to roll the dice on him not repeating what happened this year.

4 minutes ago, triggered said:

GM is trying to weaken division rivals. Quinn seems like guy that knows NFCE inside and out.

I guess the good news Rivera might be in play with being the defensive coordinator for Dallas, 

• Like 2

Just now, redskinss said:

If the ravens didn't promote him isn't that a bit of a red flag?

Quinn more than likely bring a coach or 3 with him from Dallas.  Joe Witt Jr. I've heard a lot say as DC.  

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Lovi said:

Then lets bring in Weaver for DC.  That would make the hire feel better.

Floating around rumor is that he may be bringing over Al Harris for DC.  That guy's a DOG!!!

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Quinn more than likely bring a coach or 3 with him from Dallas.  Joe Witt Jr. I've heard a lot say as DC.  

BMitch & Finlay were saying maybe Al Harris

• Like 3

Any good will the Harris group had is now gone, they've lost a big part of the fanbase right now and has a lot of people on their heels. I don't know how you went from everyone being excited to...this. They better hope this works and works out fast, I've lost all excitement over new ownership.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumb down 4

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Any good will the Harris group had is now gone, they've lost a big part of the fanbase right now and has a lot of people on their heels. I don't know how you went from everyone being excited to...this. They better hope this works and works out fast, I've lost all excitement over new ownership.

For sure. With that said, we're likely drafting a QB #2 overall and if he lights it up early RG3 style, the fans will come roaring back.

QB > Coach. They HAVE to get that right.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Floating around rumor is that he may be bringing over Al Harris for DC.  That guy's a DOG!!!

BMitch & Finlay were saying maybe Al Harris

I saw one of Dallas's CBs post about Al Harris as DC on Twitter. I could see it.  :)  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wayne_Millner said:

Getting Joe Whitt Jr would actually be a big deal. There is also the positive of this hurting Dallas by taking their DC and our HC knowing their team/schemes/personnel/etc very well

Don't you think it would also be the other way around ? They know Quinn and Whitt Jr strategies, and if the Cowboys hire outside their organization to fill in their vacancies, the cards wil be reshuffled.

7 minutes ago, redskinss said:

If the ravens didn't promote him isn't that a bit of a red flag?

Maybe because he told them he's been hired elswhere ?

Edited by FrFan

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Paulsen now warming up, he was trashing him for weeks

None of those arguments mean anything to me.

I don't care if players like you (and indeed, usually that seems bad unless every other box is checked).

Don't care if it weakens the Cowboys.

The Defensive Mind is nice, but how much of that was just Seattle and Dallas having ridiculous talent in place for him to utilize and how much was him? That Packers game was total --- too.

Don't care if people like him.

I don't know Paulsen at all (I'm out West), but I'm not in the trying to shine a stinky turd once the news hits kind of person.

The selling point to me is that he finally figured out how to Get Atlanta into a super bowl around 50 years after they were born, and nearly won it. That's impressive. Everything else? Not so much. 

I'm hopeful. I especially like that the offense was great in Atlanta while he was there. 

However, here's some alarming trends, far too much like Ron for my liking:

Atlanta Day 1 and Day 2 picks under Quinn:

Round 1: 4/7 Defensive Players (and all 3 firsts from 2015-2017 were used on defense)

Round 2: 4/4 used on defensive players

Round 3: 3/6 used on defensive players

So 11 of 17 day 1 and day 2 picks were used on defense. Not insane, or anything, the defense was the weakness of those teams, but it does carry a trend line with Ron, especially firsts early on in the tenure. Otoh, how much of that is Quinn, and how much was the GM? I don't know. 

I'm just not a fan. It's not horrible, its obvious he's at worst an average coach which is better than any coach we've had since Shanny, and really better than any coach we've had the past 30 years other than Shanny and Gibbs, but it's still highly unlikely he's "special", and not many coaches win or build consistently contending teams that are just average, or a little better. 

Hopefully I'm wrong. Would love to fire him next year, and get who we actually want, but I doubt that happens. Hopefully he surprises, right now, HUGELY disappointed. Very few coaching hires this cycle, if any, I view as worse than what we ended up with, other than Dallas sticking with their guy. 

• Thumb up 1