Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

lol which one of you guys was like “flies in Monday, interviews Tuesday and Wednesday, hiring announced Thursday, press conference Friday?”

I’d go back and look for it but I’m laughing too hard right now from some of you being so sure of yourselves. 

I'm man enough I'll take the L on that lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I alluded to this in the post I made about seeing a candidate viewing the Seahawks as a better destination than the commanders.

I think we're, understandably, exaggerating our attractiveness to a cream of the crop candidate vs every other alternative and I had the chargers as a better place to go in mind too before they got theirs. But we should be attractive enough to not tail end of the line.

San Diego vs the DMV. Way to go out on a limb there. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I think this is the narrative that will come out of all of this. Front offices, coaches, people around the league sort of knew that Johnson may need his Daddy for a little while longer and was looking for a team to make an offer he couldn't refuse and Commies, Seahawks were like we'll treat you like the first year, no inexperienced HC that you are. 

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

lol which one of you guys was like “flies in Monday, interviews Tuesday and Wednesday, hiring announced Thursday, press conference Friday?”

I’d go back and look for it but I’m laughing too hard right now from some of you being so sure of yourselves. 

I said anything can happen but I was SO sure. I'll root for your goddamned Orioles before I root for ****ing Ben Johnson. :ols:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Why do you think he isn’t getting a shake.  He has interview for 5 HC jobs.  Seems like teams are considering him a good candidate.

Because I am not in the know of the situation and the media has said zero about it other than he interviewed last week. 

I am not, in any way, claiming I know that Slowik won’t be given a chance. 

18 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Johnson was by-far my favored pick.  Gotta wonder why he's given up a HC position and millions of dollars 2 years in a row.  Does not seem rationale.  

Maybe he believes in what's going on in Detroit amd finishing that first matters...he kinda has to be pragmatic in regards to hearing out offers, but you right two years in row sounds like he's not ready to leave Detroit even though people are asking.

I've never heard of someone on their way to interview someone being told by the person they want wasn't interest ending well for that person...folks talk, something happened and truth will come to light.

16 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

On a scale of flaccid to erect, the thought of Quinn being our HC gives me a mangina 

It's one thing to be left at the alter.

It's a whole other thing to then just pick the ugliest girl in the audience and marry her.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Maybe he believes in what's going on in Detroit amd finishing that first matters...he kinda has to be pragmatic in regards to hearing out offers, but you right two years in row sounds like he's not ready to leave Detroit even though people are asking.

I've never heard of someone on their way to interview someone being told by the person they want wasn't interest ending well for that person...folks talk, something happened and truth will come to light.

Or maybe he’s just a chicken**** punk **** who needs his “daddy Dan Campbell”

Did I do it right? 

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I have to believe that we didn't put all our eggs in the Ben Johnson basket. Harris doesn't appear to work that way. I'm sure he has a list and a plan. We'll find out soon.

Slowik, MacDonald, Weaver, Quinn, Glenn.  Those are the backups.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

It's one thing to be left at the alter.

It's a whole other thing to then just pick the ugliest girl in the audience and marry her.

How you doin... Dan Quinn?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Oh we’ve reached my favorite part! The “yeah we didn’t want that ****ing guy anyway!” stage. 

I wanted him, badly. Now watch that mother****er go to Dallas or Philly next season........we're Commanders fans, it inevitable to get ****ed 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The hits keep on coming for Hitman, here.

:ols:

in all honesty I’m betting you really do have some kind of connection but I’m guessing it’s not one directly involved. Kudos for having the courage to put it out there, and you seemed to learn the lesson on not using words like “lock” and “done deal” given your very last post on the subject. 

In other commentary:

1. I do not expect that they keep EB. But I do want to stress and reiterate that any scenario where he is kept is nightmare fuel.

2. I think we hear Slowik’s name more but if he stunk at his interview then it won’t be him.

3. I have a feeling it’s going to be Quinn. And I will be pretty unhappy with that news. If a defensive guy Weaver or Mac are interesting choices. But I’m hoping we open up the search to even more O candidates. 

4. I’m not going to join in on the “Johnson is weak!” For the guy deciding he wants to stay where he is. That’s his prerogative and choice. He handled it poorly. I won’t speculate on his reasons. 

5. :ols: 

For clarification

You quoted my post and referred to Hitman.  Hitman isn't me of course for those uninitiated.   

But to the rest of your post.  😎

If there is something to Ben's personality making him the underdog, be shocked if Slowik emerged.  It would be likey that nerdy kid struck out at the singles bar, but wonder if they even nerdier kid does better?  But will see -- maybe personality-leadership didn't do Johnson in.

I just don't buy Johnson thinking he has this in the bag and bowed out.  i am guessing he got word that someone who interviewed yesterday killed it or something like that.

Granted its just a guess.  But there are reporters guessing the same.

Yeah I have a feeling its Quinn too.  The Seattle reporter I listened to this morning said the team was very intrigued by McDonald because they are obsessed with beating SF and Mcdonald helped do that.  He still thought Johnson was higher on their list but thought Mcdonald had a strong shot.

Sheehan said today that he heard that the brass was very impressed with Quinn in his zoom interview.  

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Oh we’ve reached my favorite part! The “yeah we didn’t want that ****ing guy anyway!” stage. 

Yeah, I’m cracking up. I sure as **** wanted him. And it’s incredibly disappointing we didn’t get him.

Next is people repeating, “I trust Peters to hire the right guy and will support him 100%”