Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, Hitman#21 said:

Ben Johnson will be the next WSH HC. Only quiet because of people like yourself. Also Google what happened in Arizona last year, Harris and Co. are smart, and calculated like keeping Ron throughout the season. 

If it came out that Ben has the job why would these guys interview? Why wouldn't the Lions file tampering charges? Some of you guys still think this ORG is run by Snyder. 

You'll forever be remembered for your collosal overreach on this matter. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 18
  • Thumb up 2

Glenn has to be a no too.  Man, you have a chance to hire the best DC in the NFL and he's right in your back yard, Maryland.  Sign MacDonald, Harris, Peters and Leadership.  Wow!  

• Like 1

Just now, RWJ said:

Glenn has to be a no too.  Man, you have a chance to hire the best DC in the NFL and he's right in your back yard, Maryland.  Sign MacDonald, Harris, Peters and Leadership.  Wow!  

What if his ideas for assembling a staff are trash? Too much we don't know, and will probably never know. Oh well, maybe they won't get THE guy until the next coaching cycle.

Just now, RWJ said:

Mac wouldn't even have to move house!

• Like 1

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Mac wouldn't even have to move house!

As someone who lives in a Baltimore suburb, he will MOST definitely have to move lol. Ashburn is a long, long way from here 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Dan Snyder sold the team!  

Harris & co. look to be doing things the right way.

Adam Peters who by all accounts will be a stud GM was hired.

A LIONS OC doesn't appear interested in our HC job.  cool.

HTTR! 

Honestly, Im a slightly disappointed in not getting Ben Johnson, but I'm not sad or destroyed by him not being our HC.

Truthfully, I really just wanted him for our OC (which obviously couldnt happen). I just wanted his playcalling... There was something I didnt like about him as our future HC.  

He had Jay Gruden/Norv Turner written all over him as a HC. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bantu said:

It is very difficult to bring in an entirely new staff. Definitely will be holdovers left on the coaching staff from Rivera's tenure. Probably more lower level guys maybe.

This is where when people talk about turning around quickly, I think it isn't going to happen (and a guy like Johnson not being so interested in coming here).  I suspect Snyder wasn't paying lower level guys too much, and we weren't getting the best people.  And the same thing is likely true in terms of scouts/front office.  Changing the guys at the top is good, but it is going to take a while for those changes to filter down.  I suspect there is a lot of garbage that is going to have to be sorted through and gotten rid of.  And then even some of the first hires aren't going to work out (i.e. some people will be hired where they are moving up from their last job but won't be able to handle the extra responsibilities).

It seems to me that it will take 3 years to get that sorted out where we can scout (at the NFL and college level) the way needed to actually build a really good team.  

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 3