Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Could you imagine pairing the Peters, Johnson group with Penix?

dallas, giants and eagles fans can imagine it

its the swoly trinity

Edited by dunfer
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Adam Peters and Ben Johnson.  The two most exciting guys with the most boring, generic names.

I dunno. I’m sure we will be very popular among the lady fans. We got a Peter for a gm and a Johnson for a coach. 

56 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

image.png.bd1caeee45b46feeebf528916def6af9.png

Should have looked at this first lol

59 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

It sounds like I'm in the minority on this, but with all these strong, proven head coaching candidates on the market (e.g. Harbaugh, Vrabel), I'd prefer we hire one of them over Ben Johnson.  Three year ago the Falcons hired THE red hot OC in Arthur Smith.  He interviewed everywhere.  They fired him three days ago.

You never know what you're getting when promoting coordinators.

I think Harbaugh would probably want too much player personnel control and he always seems to have some drama going on.  Vrabel sounds like he also wants a lot of team building control.

It just doesn’t seem to be the structure that ownership is going for.

If Adam Peters ends up getting hired, I wouldn’t be surprised if he pushed for Bobby Slowik who coached under Kyle Shanahan, and Peters, for 6 years in SF and was in Washington with him too.  Could be a natural fit where those guys are very much in lock step, something that Harris/Bob Myers has stressed as incredibly important.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I got a notification today that the commanders are going to focus on the defensive side of the ball and/or Harbaugh.

Going to guess that notification was non sense.

It’s also the polar opposite of what should be done.

I asked about that as well.  It was an ESPN+ alert.  One of our friendly board members posted the article that has nothing to do with the alert.

It was a click bate alert.  

24 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I don't think we've heard any mention of him, but I wouldn't mind Kyle Smith as GM under Peters. 

There is a twitter personality who still goes by the moniker “KyleSmithForGM.”

That guy would be happy.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Tomlin while not ever having a losing season hasn’t won a playoff game since 2016.

It’s time for his Steelers tenure to end.  Take a year off and enter the 25 coaching market.   If he leaves, that’s most likely what will happen.

Good Lord, man. Now you're after Tomlin? 🤣

You trying to be the kiss of death for coaches? You got RR, be happy and content with that. Lol. Man, you something serious.

HTTR!

• Haha 1

I'm, like alot of folks here, just enjoying watching a competent ownership do a comprehensive search for an organizational structure that the previous ****face refused to go with. It really is giving a feeling that, for once, we are in good hands and that things are going to be done correctly instead of Lil Napoleon's half assed way of doing ****.

I'm on board with whatever Harris and Co decide. Personally,  I think Peters will be the guy and am of the opinion there will be a GM under him. Albeit, I'm not sure who that may be. But it just seems like the direction ownership wants to go.  It'd make sense to get the best minds working together to turn things around with a new, young and innovative HC.

Regardless,  I'm in anticipation as much as the next fan. But damn does this feel good to know we have ownership that's on top of things. My son approves of this wholeheartedly.  Lol.

HTTR!

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Curtisp5286 said:

What’s that?  From the WP article?  It’s behind a paywall for me.

SIP posted an excerpt, this is the part I was reacting to, it’s just an interesting little glimpse into the process:

IMG_3756.jpeg

• Thanks 7

9 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

It sounds like I'm in the minority on this, but with all these strong, proven head coaching candidates on the market (e.g. Harbaugh, Vrabel), I'd prefer we hire one of them over Ben Johnson.  Three year ago the Falcons hired THE red hot OC in Arthur Smith.  He interviewed everywhere.  They fired him three days ago.

You never know what you're getting when promoting coordinators.

No more retreads. 2 of our last 3 coaches were retreads and fired retreads at that.

Wherever Jim goes, he won’t be there to long. 4-5 years.

Vrabel just got fired, let him go elsewhere.

We need to give one of the young oc’s a chance.  Yeah, they could be busts but I’d rather go with someone young and hungry.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

1 hour ago, illone said:

Loving the approach of this ownership group so far.

Totally agreed.  I still remember when we hired Zorn as OC without a HC named in place then he left Dan's home to go put on a suit as Vinny told him he could come back and interview for the HC spot after the fans shat on the floating of Jim "putting all my chips in" Fassel as HC.

What a clustery clown show that era was.  Good riddance and I welcome and embrace our new overlords.

image.png.5a5e51856d5e4752d087afe809d8f527.png

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No more retreads. 2 of our last 3 coaches were retreads and fired retreads at that.

Wherever Jim goes, he won’t be there to long. 4-5 years.

Vrabel just got fired, let him go elsewhere.

We need to give one of the young oc’s a chance.  Yeah, the could be busts but I’d rather go with someone young and hungry.

8 of the last 10 Super Bowl winners were retreads if iirc. 

3 hours ago, El Mexican said:

Why is this taking so long?

The FO should have mode inroads on the new hirings  months ago. What the heck could they posibly be waiting for?

Unless that happens NOW we're looking at yet another lost season.

We are not the only meal on the menu.

A lot of these guys have interviews w/ multiple orgs and you gotta let them parse their options. That takes some time.

Snyder is gone, so the days of "You have 6 hours to accept the job offer or its gone" are out the window. You have to let your applicants do what is best for them if we wanna be that good org we all wanna be.

Adam Peters should not just quickly accept our job when he has requests from the Raiders on the table too.

Same of Ian Cunningham when the Chargers have reached out to him.

Halaby has multiple teams coming after him too.

Who knows, maybe someone is offering more money or incentives, or moves them closer to family. Better yet it provides leverage for them to come back and get an even better deal off of us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, El Mexican said:

Why is this taking so long?

The FO should have mode inroads on the new hirings  months ago. What the heck could they posibly be waiting for?

Unless that happens NOW we're looking at yet another lost season.

image.png.082d592999d853302c877b50cd4f8b06.png

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano, chi va forte va a la morte

Remember Snyder with his knee jerk reactions and his black "resident evil" vans.

"Harris “didn’t want to put a timeframe on turning around the Commanders.” Phillips also wrote Harris will “need to determine a structure for the new organization.” In addition to a coach and GM, he might also have a team president and a vice president of player personnel. Harris’ “love of analytics is well known,” and he “may create an entire department around the concept -- but would need to determine who they report to” (WASHINGTON TIMES, 1/8)."

I think this hiring process is conducted very thoroughly and professionally therefore its taking some time. Since Harris has a very good reputation and that we're the sexiest girl of the dance hall I believe those candidates will fight for the job.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47lsem00trfcdxuupnmy

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1