Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Giants - Failed to take advantage of the falling Giant!

zCommander

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Big reason Sam is getting sacked so much is no one is getting schemed open for him to throw to.

That's something that can be blamed on Bieniemy, that has nothing to do with oline.

Exactly.  Been screaming that at my TV the entire 1st half.  How does EB not come in with a game plan to counter a constant pass rush?  At this point in the season, everyone knows our offense is terrible against any kind of pass rush and yet, EB acts like it is business as usual.  I put most of the half on EB and going forward if this continues.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

12 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I'm pretty much with you, this is more on our overrated garbage roster than him. He made a massive mistake by taking the OC job here.

The O’line is awful.

His game plan and play calling today is way worse. Play calling has been as big a problem as blocking today.

That said Gates needs to be benched at halftime.

2 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

46 total yards.... 46

Against what is by no means a great defense.

You know the coaching is bad when players are underachieving and there's no consistency in quality from week to week. Some weeks we look okay and others it's absolute incompetence from start to finish.

Even in the Denver game, which we won and in which EB adjusted well, the way we came out was absolutely unacceptable.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You guys have to understand that Ron hates losing but these games give them a chance to self scout, work harder and get better.  The silver lining is these are learning opportunities.  🤣

Lol.  That is the thinking that should show him the door at any moment now.....hopefully.

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Sideline reporter: “so Ron, what exactly did you say to your players at halftime today after a first half like that?”

Rivera: “I let the janitorial staff talk to them, the players need some advice on how to clean up their own messes. If anyone in our building is doing their job, it’s the janitors.” 

*Not in their building 

*Not that Ron would know

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, MartinC said:

We have all seen some really bad football from this team over the years. Some of the Spurrier games, Jim Zorn. It’s been bad. The bar for ‘bad’ is set high.

That half was one of the worst I’ve seen us play.

You ain’t seen nothing yet… wait about 15 minutes… 

• Sad 1