Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Bea

KDawg

5 days ago EB was being praised pretty much everywhere  Days later he is now a moron. I don't believe it's EB, it's the roster comprised by morons. Passing on Gonzales for Forbes, picking Martin etc while ignoring the OL (with a young QB they are trying to develop) is going to hold this team back for years.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, illone said:

Pretty embarrassing effort last night, but Im over it. 

does atlanta have the QB to expose this secondary? 🤔 

Heinicke throws passes where a guy like Forbes is ‘supposed’ to feast.  Would be quite a story if Heinicke gets in the game and Forbes has a coming out party.  Wishful thinking for sure.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Thumb up 1

15 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Right.

Snyder was a detriment to this team for umpteen million reasons.  One of those reasons being he had to way overly empower a guy like Rivera just to lure him here.  And at that time, it was actually seen as a win, all things considered.

It was. I felt then and now if RR hadn’t come here Farquaad would’ve been forced to go with another Zorn. Unfortunately the “solution” was doomed from the start. Taking a guy who’s a mediocre coach and then adding to his workload was never going to work. That said, he did what he was supposed to do by stabilizing things while we waited, hoping wed get lucky enough to ditch Farquaad. So on balance, I’d say it worked out as well as one could expect under the circumstances. We’re now ready for the next chapter.

10 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I commented in another thread on something similar, but maybe different. Shortly after when Slye missed the FG, we are still down the two scores, and thus need the ball back ASAP. Bears ran a play and one of their guys went down injured. But no timeout was taken by us, and of course the clock winds after he gets off the field. We only decide to call timeout after second down, but that wasted 40 seconds we potentially could've used. Of course, DJ Moore made it moot on the next play.

Reminded me of the 2001 game against the Cowboys at FedEx. Like last night, visitors got out to a big lead, but we cut it to 13 with 5 mins left. We kick off, they run a play, and the clock winds. Only McCarthy and Dak's ineptitude to throw a pass on second down, when we had no inclination to stop the clock, saved us, as it resulted in a pick six for us that made the game more of a nail biter than it should've been.

Ron is a train wreck when it comes to clock management.

To quote Peter Griffin, you knew what this was. 

• Like 1

It's pretty normal for this team. As a fan, you have some excitement during those first couple of games because you believe this year will be different and anything can happen. Then reality sets in pretty quick and you believe your gut again, that's been screaming at you 'HEY, SOMETHING AIN'T RIGHT". Then by the end of the year, they win a few games and you think we're so close.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Listening to Keim's podcast.

Basically saying this defense's struggles is an indictment on the coaching staff.  It's a lot of high end talent, high picks, mostly players who have had multiple years in the system.

He said Forbes was exposed in the Baltimore practices. 

He thought the secondary would be good.  He's wrong.  They've been really bad.

Fans shouldn't have to deal with loses like last night -- to quote him "it's getting old".  He felt bad that the sold old crowd had to watch that game. 

Del Rio has no replacement on staff.  So he doesn't expect him to be fired.

He likes what Howell has shown this season on the aggregate.  Howell though is taking too many hits.  There are other players not just Leno who are concerned about that.

He doesn't think Harris is firing anyone within season but all these guys are on notice.

2nd half of the schedule looks brutal so that Bears loss stung, it will be harder to mount a rally later in the season considering who they play

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He said Forbes was exposed in the Baltimore practices. 

I am shocked at how bad the secondary is performing. I, along with plenty others I'm sure thought things would be much different. I've always felt Forbes was a Day 2 pick but regardless I still think he can turn things around and be the ball-hawking DB we wanted. I don't get to watch many games anymore but I am still trying to put a positive spin on the situation. I think our young secondary will eventually be a strength and EB's play-calling may still need tweaking but at least we're not being too obvious anymore. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Del Rio has no replacement on staff.  So he doesn't expect him to be fired.

Which tells you all you need to know about the quality of the defensive coaching staff and is a massive indictment on both Ron and Del Rio for how they put the staff together.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Which tells you all you need to know about the quality of the defensive coaching staff and is a massive indictment on both Ron and De Rio for how they put the staff together.

Sheehan said on his pod yday that he has heard that the secondary players really miss Chris Harris. He was the one guy who could have potentially taken over

• Like 3

Just now, method man said:

Sheehan said on his pod yday that he has heard that the secondary players really miss Chris Harris. He was the one guy who could have potentially taken over

You can see the inpact of him not being here from the on field performance. They look lost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

JDR aint the only one without an on-roster replacement.

No one has proven to be even remotely competent in their current positions that I would be comfortable expanding their responsibilities to RR's role.

Its their stew. Let em cook it. Especially when your only 5 weeks in

Hoffman, granted it was just opinion, doesn't think much of the coaching staff collectively.  Whether its the top position coaches or the underlings -- thinks its weak group both as far as strategists and as teachers.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hoffman, granted it was just opinion, doesn't think much of the coaching staff collectively.  Whether its the top position coaches or the underlings -- thinks its weak group both as far as strategists and as teachers.

What’s going to be telling is how many of these guys get scooped up by other teams when this staff is let go. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, method man said:

What’s going to be telling is how many of these guys get scooped up by other teams when this staff is let go. 

Granted who knows how meaningful it is but for what its worth -- when I see surveys of personnel people around the league (Breer, Schrager, etc), including recently about head coach candidate and GM candidates -- this team had no one aside from Bieniemy.  If I recall even the Giants had like 4 coaches mentioned and 3 personnel people.

Whether deserved or not, I don't get the vibe that this coaching staff or FO is that revered around the league.

Was Chris Harris even all that? We always had issues with communication in the secondary while he was here, which would take half a season to correct. Even worse when we’d add another starter to the mix. 

Of course he was still probably a better option than what we have now, but I don’t get the idea that he’s the defensive equivalent of the offensive assistants we’ve let go over the years. Or even guys like Raheem Morris or Aubrey Pleasant. 

I have never been so deflated after a loss before in my life. I have never felt this demoralized. Normally at 2 - 3 ( with 2 winnable games ahead ) I would be like hey, just win these 2 and we're in a pretty decent 4 - 3 spot. However this feels differently. This feels astronomically hideous. This feels like it's almost impossible to win 10 games and one playoff game.  Which were my aspirations at the beginning of the season. I guess if we start winning games, I'll get my excitement and mojo back. However, right now, that seems inconceivable.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Conn said:

Was Chris Harris even all that? We always had issues with communication in the secondary while he was here, which would take half a season to correct. Even worse when we’d add another starter to the mix. 

Of course he was still probably a better option than what we have now, but I don’t get the idea that he’s the defensive equivalent of the offensive assistants we’ve let go over the years. Or even guys like Raheem Morris or Aubrey Pleasant. 

No idea, but he had Curl and DeFo playing like probowlers. Even scrubs like Corn Elder were decent. Our safety play this year is horrific. 

There definitely seemed to be a disconnect between the secondary and the front 7, but thats probably more on JDR putting it all together. 

Hes also been a name for a DC for the last two years. Not sure why he hasn't gotten that yet. I'm surprised he left for a minor promotion. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 9:10 PM, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Exactly..like I said..he doesn't even TRY to motivate from the sideline. He just has that blank stare that tells me nobody is home. Anybody EVER see him get angry..get in somebody's grill..JDR too..

I gotta tell you..I guarded my expectations the last 20 years...I honestly felt good about this team. THIS is the worst feeling going from a HIGH the 1st 3 games to seeing the total t*rd they put on the home field. Is it the coaches or the players...how could they be THAT Flat????

We need a Buddy Ryan clone...

Ron is one of those parents that just let's you run amuck in public but pulls the belt off as soon as you get home. He thinks he coached them up enough during the week that he doesn't have to say a word on game day. Also If we don't learn to adjust on the fly and not wait till halftime we're gonna be on the wrong end of some 1st half records

Also, I don't care if I ever see those black uniforms again 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

No idea, but he had Curl and DeFo playing like probowlers. Even scrubs like Corn Elder were decent. Our safety play this year is horrific. 

There definitely seemed to be a disconnect between the secondary and the front 7, but thats probably more on JDR putting it all together. 

Hes also been a name for a DC for the last two years. Not sure why he hasn't gotten that yet. I'm surprised he left for a minor promotion. 

Dude was sandbagged by a guy with a low IQ (Jackson) and a guy who could not cover anyone (Collins). Everyone else played well or improved under him. Darby is a case study

• Like 1