Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Bea

KDawg

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I like Sam and believe the odds are inevitably stacked against him.  I don’t expect new ownership to saddle the next regime with anyone.  The likelihood the next regime will choose Howell over their own handpicked guy is incredibly slim unless he defeats all odds and puts the league on notice which is hard to do as 22 year old, in a new offense behind a bad OL, with a bad defense to boot.

This is what everyone is missing...

What if there isn't a hand picked guy to pick?

If we're in position for Maye or Williams and they declare, yes. It's kind of a no brainer.

But who says we have the best offer to get into position? Or we don't win too many games to get them?

• Like 2

If Snyder were still here I could see him totally not wanting to play here, but I feel like Harris and Magic and hopefully whoever the new GM/HC is can be a selling point for Williams.

With that said, I actually HATE the fact that he's from this area. All it would do is add undue pressure and this franchise has always placed way too much emphasis and hype on local guys billing them as saviors.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Whatever we do, I just want for once our entire team to be on the same page. Ownership, FO, head coach. If EVERYONE is on board with Howell then fine. If EVERYONE is on board with moving on and getting their own guy to develop, then I'm fine with that too.

The major downside of keeping Howell is that we've already burned through half his rookie contract at the end of this year. And we'll need to build up the roster. That reduces our window to contend big time. Meanwhile if we draft a QB in the 1st round you get a four year window(five with the fifth year option). And you're probably getting someone with more raw talent and upside(especially if its Williams or Maye).

Without a better OL a new QB is doing **** for the team or the new coach though.

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If we're in position for Maye or Williams and they declare, yes. It's kind of a no brainer.

But who says we have the best offer to get into position? Or we don't win too many games to get them?

Sure, there are a ton of variables, the calendar just flipped to October.

My only real desire is a complete overhaul of Dan’s stench, which means everyone in the FO and coaching staff has to go.  If the new GM sees enough in Sam that he’d like to see more, that’s fine with me.  

Although, the Giants are setting a rather bad example of what can happen when going that route.  They sunk all this money into Jones after a fools gold season and now they all look silly.  As opposed to a true rebuild, aligning GM, coach and QB at the hip.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Without a better OL a new QB is doing **** for the team or the new coach though.

CJ Stroud is playing with 2nd/3rd string OL and killing it as a rookie with less skill position talent than we have.

When you have a GUY at QB it almost doesn't even matter.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I think Sam is a legit starting NFL QB and the next coach will be happy to work with him.

That said, we need to still be aggressive drafting QBs to hopefully develop for the future. 

We had Fromm and that's it. 

Ron didn't even know about Sam. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Is it possible that the players sent a message to the new ownership that they want a coaching change?  They knew the owner would be in his box

watching.  How do you play so well against the Eagles and lay down for the Bears?  Glad Magic Johnson sent out the tweet.  He calls them as he

sees them.

I don't think the players made a tactical decision to kneecap their own contract demands just so that the fans can enjoy a new coaching staff when they all the players get cut over the offseason.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I watched some of the pregame on Amazon last night and all of the commentators picked Washington to win except Fitzpatrick.  At the time

I thought he was nuts but it turns out he knows his former team well.

I get the sense he doesn’t like Ron and his tenure here was not pleasant (ignoring the injury). What is telling is that once he got injured, I believe he just went home vs sticking around the facility

Thank you Ron... you incompetent buffoon. With this loss you have insured that I wont have to see your stupid ass or any of the worthless cronies you hired on the sidelines next year. In year 4 of the the "rebuild" its time to tear it all down and have another rebuild. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, method man said:

I get the sense he doesn’t like Ron and his tenure here was not pleasant (ignoring the injury). What is telling is that once he got injured, I believe he just went home vs sticking around the facility

I think that was more about him being on a 1 year contract and being done with the NFL. I doubt Rodgers would be sticking around for the Jets if he hadn't been proclaimed the franchise QB *and* sitting on a massive contract that depends on him claiming to still be a member of the team.

10 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I am really proud of our guys for saving Matt Eberflus' job and preserving our tradition of redeeming winless teams (see Detroit, 1-15 Cowboys, etc.)

I can’t recall a time seeing a coach so visibly stressed.  As Sam was mounting a comeback, and they would shoot to him on the sidelines, he just had the look of a guy who was going to fall out in the sideline.

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I really like Sam.  He's got some work to do, but he's stable in the pocket. 

The coaching scheme is going to ruin him. 

He doesn't deserve this. 

I've been singing this song for many years. Sadly, when I see a Kirk or a Payne or a McLaurin, and now a Sam,  I just want them to get out of here because they're very good players, teammates, and decent people.

Sad to be a fan of a team that leaves you having such views.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Another negative for Howell is he's likely going to have to learn another new system next year.

The one thing I like about this being a WCO versus Air Coryell -- is there are so many variations of a WCO, that the odds are good the next dude will be a WCO guy and thereby it wouldn't be a radical change.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

Caleb Williams may not like this year's number 1...what abou in his senior year the same teams he don't want to play for has the number 1. Can't really force 5 teams to be the team he will play for especially those 5 already have purdy, Prescott, cousins, d jones on a huge contract that nobody would trade for and jimmy..which is about the only option left. That plan of his isn't gonna work. He has this year and maybe next to figure out if he wants to be a qb in the NFL or not. I'd draft him and if he wants to be a detriment to the team suspend him for 5 years.

17 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I've been singing this song for many years. Sadly, when I see a Kirk or a Payne or a McLaurin, and now a Sam,  I just want them to get out of here because they're very good players, teammates, and decent people.

Sad to be a fan of a team that leaves you having such views.

If I was out there getting my ass kicked week after week, I'd just give up.  Sorry, I'll play for another team next season, I'm outta here. 

He's only got one body, and it's getting crushed. 

Because it's not only bones/ligaments...internal organs get damaged (liver, kidneys, lungs, etc.)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Another negative for Howell is he's likely going to have to learn another new system next year.

This is a huge reason I don't want to lump EB in the trash with everyone else that "needs to go"...have to be pragmatic here...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

1pm the day after the game and Ron says they haven't had an opportunity to look at stuff yet. I know expectations for him speaking live is very low. But....what has he been doing all day if i wasn't that to start.... and you're not considering changes to your staff?

I can tell you I’ve rewatched my games twice by 24 hours after and already started with film for the next opponent.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

You remember what this owner did with the 76ers? It’s much easier to do in football if you trade assets for picks. Even things under their value. You just have to find a GM willing to do it. That’s it. 

I think the fear (or maybe it’s just my fear) is he goes that far or gives someone who would that kind of thing power to do it. 

34 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

1pm the day after the game and Ron says they haven't had an opportunity to look at stuff yet. I know expectations for him speaking live is very low. But....what has he been doing all day if i wasn't that to start.... and you're not considering changes to your staff?

Well there was a trip to Starbucks, biscuit from Hardees, quick round of racquetball and a nice lunch with JD and EB. Priorities!

......and lets not forget, someone had to take over the Harvest fest planning.

Edited by Chris 44