Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Bea

KDawg

The beginning of the end. While you’ll see 6-7 wins, if Ron coaches the entire season; you can’t trust this Jekyll and Hyde team against any opponent. Expect more Chicago like performances against teams worse or equal to us. Expect us to beat at least one good team- maybe the Eagles rematch. Expect us to win those games to get to 6-7 wins. Same old Ron.

Clean house in 24.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

If a few heads don’t roll after last night’s debacle, I don’t know what it will take.  I’d start with JDR, who’s rush four soft shell scheme allowed Justin ****ing Fields to carve up the defense the entire first half.  A guy who was considered the worst QB in the league!  Hot knife, meet butter.  Want to get your QB right?  Have them play the Mmanders. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The beginning of the end. While you’ll see 6-7 wins, if Ron coaches the entire season; you can’t trust this Jekyll and Hyde team against any opponent. Expect more Chicago like performances against teams worse or equal to us. Expect us to beat at least one good team- maybe the Eagles rematch. Expect us to win those games to get to 6-7 wins. Same old Ron.

Clean house in 24.

Clean house now. Don’t let Ron do is usual thanksgiving time special of winning 3 of 4 before losing the last to getting us to 7 wins

• Like 1

We have watched enough sports to know that sometimes heart, guts and just shear want to can trump talent.

However, we also have watched enough sports to know when a team is mentally weak, lacks leadership and has no sense of urgency or accountability.

I don’t think that first half blitz occurs with a London Fletcher in the locker room.

To lose to a team with no DC, a practice squad secondary and decimated O line, well, Josh Harris should write a Jimmy Fallon style thank you note to Ron.

Thank you Ron.  For making my job easier as I don’t have to pine over a decision to whether to keep this regime in tact.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

2 glaring holes yesterday were o-line. Chicago came into the game 0-4 with 2 sacks. They feasted on this pathetic oline who couldn't protect nobody.

Dude, their defensive coordinator quit midseason. How do you let that happen.

Sam is going to get pulverized at this rate.They can't keep him up straight. And Chicago was mostly playing a B or maybe even C roster. That wasn't their best. Most of their players including Eddie Jackson were out due to injury. That wasn't their A team.

And what's with the defense. Holy ****. Nothing more needs to be said.

If JDR somehow saves his job after today (I'm giving him 1 day...one day to clean his office and get out) then never put Forbes on a #1 or #2 again. Unless he earns it. He's too much of a liability now.

I don't blame you one bit, @KDawg. I was hoping you wouldn't stay up late and spend time putting together your typically thorough, on point assessment. Not after that poor excuse of an effort from this team....on national tv.......against a winless, poorly coached team in utter disarray. 

• Like 2

Team came out flat.  They need a total house cleaning.   Btw, getting used to playing the Bears every year because this team will finish in Last place this year.  They are worse than the Giants.  This team is an embarrassment.  Here's hoping that Harris and Co. gets their guys in as soon they can.  This staff is a joke.

29 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Decided to put as much effort into this thread as the team did last night.

Here is the thread.

I was trying to figure how you would spin anything positive from that dismal performance....you nailed it!

I have two semi-positives:

1. Howell, he is a warrior

2. Blitz, we did see this happen with a second half adjustment.  Who is responsible for this, evidently the players based on Ron's comments when returning to the field. Yup, our coaches didn't address the team, let them handle it. Please fire this man and force him to give back all pay he has received this year. 

The Bears were a shell of their team due to injuries and they ripped this team and it's great defense

I'm not sure it will look good to fire a head coach at 2-3 so I don't think that will happen. But it won't take much more to see it happening.  I've also grown quite tired of all the praise this DL gets. They just aren't as good as we want to believe they are and last night they gave Fields a clean pocket pretty much all night.  Against that OL.  Pathetic.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 6

Welp, the competitive part of our season just ended last night.  I wouldn’t be shocked now if we manage to win only 3-4 games from here on out. This is such an indictment of the last few seasons. Teams should be at the contender stage in year 3-4 of a program. We’re literally no different today than we were when we won that fluke division title in 2020.  Literally no progress has been made since that point.  This entire coaching staff and most of the defensive players and offensive line players should be shot into the sun.

The only thing giving me joy right now is that this was a defining moment of where we currently are, and there’s no denying now that people will have to be fired, and this whole organizational structure will be reset moving forward.  This is the kind of game that leaves a lasting impression on people, well beyond the final score.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 6

It was lights out soon after the 3rd quarter started. I heard our guys scored and was like "well, at least they may make it respectable." 

I wake up this morning and what do I see? Not that

I am truly not a "GOTTA CLEAN HOUSE RIGHT NOW AFTER ONE LOSS" guy and I still hold the line that everything before week 9 is an extended preseason but you just can't come out that flat against a team like The Bears, especially at our place. 

Truly, what is it about this franchise and playing poorly on primetime? This spans coaches and even owners at this point. I think the last coach to lead this team to consistent success on primetime was George Allen. But I'm getting off topic.

Just absolutely unacceptable. I haven't felt this keyed up about a loss in years.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm not sure it will look good to fire a head coach at 2-3 so I don't think that will happen. But it won't take much more to see it happening.  

Under normal circumstances, sure.  But when 2 of your 3 losses are getting destroyed at home by one good team and the other being the bad news bears- you got to pack your stuff and go.

• Thanks 1

ron has to go at the end of the year...but i'd still like to see ron have a sense of urgency and see his job is on the line by firing JDR. some may say, "but who's going to call the defensive plays? ron hasn't play called in years and there is no one on the defensive staff with experience as a coordinator!". to that, i say, just have the stand-in call the same 4 man rush and soft zone we call every play. anyone could replicate the level of game planning and in-game adjustments JDR can do.

ron is coaching this season like he coached the browns game last season. he doesn't realize he's on the verge of elimination.

Edited by xxprodigyxx

One super specific thing:  I liked Kendall Fullers gamble on third down that went for a long  TD.   It was third and four with 4 minutes left and we were down 10.   Fuller tried to jump that route.   A number of possibilities including a pick six or just an incompletion.  A pick six and we might win that game.  An incompletion and we probably lose but we get the ball back with at least a hope and a pray.   A first down and the game is essentially over.  A first down was as bad a TD, so that is a gamble that I like.  It didn't work out and Moore got a long TD out of it.  But I thought that was a smart gamble.

That is the difference between Fuller and Forbes right now.  One knows when to gamble and the other doesn't.  Yeah Fuller lost his bet, but no real damage, a completion for the first down effectively gives you the same result, a loss.

Edited by philibusters
  • Like 11

I don’t have much to add about the game, we all saw it.

What I can say is that it’s all back for me.  By ‘it’, I mean the fire as a fan that I’d been missing for quite some time.  

It started with training camp and all the warm and fuzzies of new ownership.  It became real last night as I’m screaming in anger at the top of my lungs.  I’m all in again, for better or worse.

I haven’t been this angered by a loss since maybe the 2016 Giants game.  I woke up this morning still mad and in a bad mood.  I’m up watching the Junkies just to hear them skewer Ron.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 3

By the way, **** RON MIDERA.  **** him for his terrible evaluation skills, and **** him for having our most promising QB in years under siege as a result of a horrific O-Line.  Jack “Dust Up” Del Rio will be the focus of everyone’s ire today (as he should be), but Ron Midera should be excoriated for his OL malpractice.

• Like 2

Sam threw it 51 times. I don't think we ran the ball one time after the first quarter. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think Ron's 8-8-1 journey is on jeopardy

That might have been the most pathetic post game conferences I've watched.  You'd think they just won the game.

That is the dumbest Ron Quote there is.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

The Junkies are being douches, they're saying there is no reason to fire anyone because it won't make a difference and who is going to call the defense...who ****ing cares!? Could you imagine if McDonald's said " I know Gary keeps starting fires, but WHO ELSE is going to work the fryer?". Who ****ing cares, it doesn't matter, it just can't be Gary anymore. JDR is Gary, time to fire Gary before he starts anymore fires.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Right now this off season is up there with some of the worst ones we've had under Dan.

The first round pick has been literally the worst CB in the league.  Some tried to convince me otherwise weeks back on the Forbes thread but I notice the defense of him has died down.

Percy Butler is struggiling yet Quan Martin can't budge him out of the lineup.

They traded two picks to get KJ Henry who struggled in camp and is inactive every game.

B. Daniels looks like an early bust.

Who knows what's going on with Rodriguez?

Stromberg had a good camp but he doesn't play.

Barton has been awful,  People like to use PFF to prop the O line albiet the two dudes who keep sinking in their rankings are Gates and Wylie.

Right now it looks like an atrocious off season.  Yet some people here seem to want continuity and want to see Ron continue to cook.  Maybe not after last night, will see.  But Ron has some feisty defenders that I've debated.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 12
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Right now this off season is up there with some of the worst ones we've had under Dan.

The first round pick has been literally the worst CB in the league.  Some tried to convince me otherwise weeks back on the Forbes thread but I notice the defense of him as died down.

Percy Butler is struggiling yet Quan Martin can't budge him out of the lineup.

They traded two picks to get KJ Henry who struggled in camp and is inactive every game.

B. Daniels looks like an early bust.

Who knows what's going on with Rodriguez?

Stromberg had a good camp but he doesn't play.

Barton has been awful,  People like to use PFF to prop the O line albiet the two dudes who keep sinking in their rankings are Gates and Wylie.

Right now it looks like an atocious off season.  Yet some people here seem to want continuity and want to see Ron continue to cook.  Maybe not after last night, will see.  But /Ron has some feisty defenders that I've debated.

I think last night’s performance probably ended any rationalization for continuity and status quo.  On Twitter and on other platforms, I have yet to see any Ron Midera backers.  I think last night was the end game for this current regime.  You’d have to be deaf, blind and dumb to still be a Ron apologist or backer.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That is the dumbest Ron Quote there is.

Part of my argument that Ron has to go is he's power drunk and oddly full of himself.  And i know Ron as a dude is a nice guy so I attribute that is this is what happens when you make the HC, the team's football Czar,

The sending him a ring after he's fired -- is an entitled, bratty comment.  Also loserville, because its him admitting that he thinks there is a good chance they don't win.

Just as bad was last week when Ron alluded to how so many are holding him to its his 4th season and implied that's nonsense, it shouldn't matter.    Suggesting that he deserves a fresh start.  Ridiculous.  

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1