Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Commanders vs. Da Bears - Got Mauled By The Bears!!!

zCommander

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Chicago wins the toss and takes the ball...nobody does that. They then score an easy TD....as if to say "we've seen enough film on Rivera's defense, we'll take the ball...thank you."

If that's not enough to fire RR and JDR then what is? The Bears hadn't won a game in almost a full year. 

I feel so bad for the loyal souls who went to the stadium tonight...

Yeah that was damning. NOBODY takes the ball first anymore except maybe a team like the Chiefs or Bills with superstar QBs and even then they usually don't.

They came in right away knowing they'd score points. The first play of the game they threw a bomb and we were lucky Fields overthrew a wide open receiver.

The defense is toast and something has to change.

• Like 2

Team losing to a winless team since week 7 of last season - check

defense not showing up -  well that’s gonna be the norm so check

Logan Thomas fumbling-  at least once a season - check

game planning on a short week to an inferior team statistically AND LOSING !  - check

fuller and the secondary can’t even cover their shadow - check and many more!

we still need to lose to a rookie qb for this season and that’s the norm.  What else?  Fire Ron before the season?  We’ll see.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Between the plays at the end of the half and these plays (after TOs), I'm really wondering if Ron thinks he can save his job by padding Howell's stats.

I think he genuinely does. His job hinges on Howell being a franchise QB that needs Papa Rivera to guide him. We could hope at the start of the season that Howell was awesome from the start, but he'll never be good enough in his second season to save a monstrosity like this team. It was never going to work, but there was no other option with the sale being half a year too late to get a head coach with his future in front of him.

Sam and the offense are playing well enough to win games. Not GREAT but good enough. Sam’s playing some good football - he’s got a future in this league.

The defense is giving up over 30 points a game. The defense with 6 first round picks that was supposed to carry water while a young QB found his feet is dragging the whole team down.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I've been yelling about the Harris thing, but our offense absolutely sucked the first half and let the Bears to have all those chances.

No our coaching sucked - we got a first down that was not called it And ron ignored it ..

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tough to fire Ron this early in the season. And only Ron can fire Del Rio you don’t want the owner to fire assistant coaches 

I really think there is no better time.  This is essentially a bye - Fire Ron and JDR and say peace to his FO, hand the reigns to EB and grab your popcorn.

This guy whined for years about how the fans suck and then they show up only to watch a curb stomping by the worst team in the last 730 days.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Conn said:

people will be amazed how much more fun it will be to root for a young, scrappy rebuild that is coached well and built by a competent GM. We won’t even miss all of this veteran “talent” that’s been disappointing us for years, if they do a fire sale. 

Exactly, it should not take so long to rebuild. If your team sucks 4 years into it, that staff and players aren’t it. 

Edited by dyst
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Somebody needs to be fired. I'm normally not a "FIRE THE COACH" guy but the way we opened the game tonight was absolutely pathetic. There was 0 preparation whatsoever and the effort level was even worse. 

I just told Chewy that everyone needs to go. 

I'm 57 years old,  4'10", about 100 pounds (AND A GIRL) and the O-line couldn't block me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, ultravin said:

Team losing to a winless team since week 7 of last season - check

defense not showing up -  well that’s gonna be the norm so check

Logan Thomas fumbling-  at least once a season - check

game planning on a short week to an inferior team statistically AND LOSING !  - check

fuller and the secondary can’t even cover their shadow - check and many more!

we still need to lose to a rookie qb for this season and that’s the norm.  What else?  Fire Ron before the season?  We’ll see.

D not getting any turnovers ..check

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I love Terry but he doesn't physically take over games like other WRs. He's great and if he played for a team with a good QB he's probably an All Pro but if some team offers a 1st for him I'd pull the trigger(assuming his contract doesn't blow up our cap).

I’ve been saying this most of the season. Our wideouts just don’t win in big moments or games. Terry is rated just right if not over. He’s good for a spectacular catch or game when you don’t expect it.  It is supposed to be routine. 

The same can be said for our defense too. We have 4 guys who are supposed to make a critical TFL, sack, or turnover forcing pressure nearly at will. It just doesn’t happen. Our defense in general does not run to the ball. One guy makes a tackle while the rest watch. JDR has lost the unit. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, MartinC said:

Sam and the offense are playing well enough to win games. Not GREAT but good enough. Sam’s playing some good football - he’s got a future in this league.

The defense is giving up over 30 points a game. The defense with 6 first round picks that was supposed to carry water while a young QB found his feet is dragging the whole team down.

The offense has not played well enough over the course of an entire game at all this season except last week. They've had one good game and two good halves(tonight and Denver). They still only ended up with 20 points tonight which is below league average and WELL below what a garbage defense like the Bears was giving up.

The defense is horrendously bad, but the offense isn't that much better. 

• Like 1

Just now, bh32 said:

He just lost to the worst team in the NFL and three consecutive loses..You think fans are gonna keep coming to games to watch this mess?

I’ve posted a ton on that exact subject which was  I think Ron goes 8-9 and ultimately loses the fan enthusiasm. But it’s tough for a new owner to just fire someone after 5 games.  even Dan wasn’t that quick on the trigger 

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I can understand him not firing anyone mid season. It'd be way too Dan Snyder-esque and its probably not in the team's long term best interest.

He'll definitely fire him as soon as the season ends though at the absolute latest. 

No, as soon as Rivera wins a game, we'll be back to singing his praises. Cut the loser now, the sooner we get back on track the better. Besides, as long as Howell and the offense progresses, I don't care about this trash defense.

• Like 1

Just now, Leonard Washington said:

I’ve been saying this most of the season. Our wideouts just don’t win in big moments or games. Terry is rated just right if not over. He’s good for a spectacular catch or game when you don’t expect it.  It is supposed to be routine. 

The same can be said for our defense too. We have 4 guys who are supposed to make a critical TFL, sack, or turnover forcing pressure nearly at will. It just doesn’t happen. Our defense in general does not run to the ball. One guy makes a tackle while the rest watch. JDR has lost the unit. 

Terry is clutch and makes some big time catches, but when was the last time he just TOOK OVER a game? Like the way Moore did tonight or Brown did last week? Or even Diggs the week before? 

Then again in fairness, he doesn't get to face our secondary.

• Like 1