Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Denver

TK

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Anyone watching that game andcoming away with - same old Washington or this was a win that was really a loss is really jsut loking for reason to complain. 

This was one of the best wins this team has for years. I would argue it was even better than the TB come back (You like that!) ALso, checked a lot of boxes. 

EB as an OC - he showed out today. Not just play calling but his willingness and ability to make in game adjustments. Not sure why they felt they needed to be so pass heavy in the first but they came out and established the run in the second half. EB showed me a lot today. Ds d is decent, not great but decent. 

Sam Howell - this kid is legit (while @KDawg has been one of the most vocal, many of us have been saying he has the tools to be very very goodd. His ceiling is pretty high. He never got rattled. No matter the score or the play. Really short memory. And that arm! Arm talent like that is very hard to find. Put a cerebral hard working brain with it and you have something. He made some rookie mistakes but he is gonig to do that. Biggest thing is be jsut a bit more decisive. But I like that he learned from last week and throw more balls away when he held it too long. He can be coached. Very impressive. 

Chase Young took a big step tyo showing why he makes us better. Like the rest of the team, once he shook off the 1st Q jitters, he balled out! Great team D! WHich was different. He played more within the confines of the D today at least from what I saw. He needsa to get the spin move down and stop running past the play as often but he was better today. ANd that freakish athletisism led him to make some great palys. Yes he had a few bone head penalties but he has not seen hardly any playing time in a yr or more. 

Half time/in game adjustments. Both the off and Def took it on the chin in the first half (mostly the 1st Q. Both made significant adjustments and balled out. 

Lots of other kudos to go around but those were 3 huge questions answered, at least for one game. 

BTW: Oline was truly **** the first half. But even they settled down in the second half. Running more helped. They got some rythm and started pass blocking a little better. Still need massive upgrades for the long haul. But they did better in the second half. 

Lots to work still. Bills will kill us next week i we come out slow again. They are too good a team and Allen found himself today. But if they play within themselves, they can at least compete. May still lose but should be able to compete. 

Great win!!!  Going to enjoy this one! 

Seems that it has been since 2017 that our games have been about who gets to 21 first.  This was the first game it seems in such a long time that it was more about who got to 30 first.  Also, in the past, our final TD would have just been a FG.

• Like 2

Wilson and SP are legit.  This was never going to be an easy game.  And we were the better team.  Imagine making just one of those missed field goals.  We can play with anyone this league, not scared of anyone.  Not contenders this year, but man if we fix the o-line and linebackers we will really have something.  It was nice to see Jamin's speed today.  Wilson was not expecting that.  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Jabbyrwock said:

We beat a bad Arizona team and we were a missed PI call on a 2 point conversion away from OT with a bad Denver team.

I love being 2-0...but the Bills should scare you.

not gonna win anything this season and we'll probably fire ron. nothing scares me, except howell not developing. if howell develops over the course of the season, that's all i care about.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1