Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Denver

TK

Just now, tomwvr said:

I love every win but it should not have been like that at the end. 11 point lead with 3 mins left…

The team barely had a pulse down 21-3 late in the first half.  It had all the makings of the sadly traditional butt whippings this team experiences once or twice a season where they say “it only counts as one loss, we’ve got to get back to work” afterwards.  Yet they persevered and saw it through and left with a W as opposed to a crushing loss no matter how it transpired.  This game had it all.

• Like 9

My game balls:

Jamin Davis- His forced fumble completely changed the game.

Sweat and Payne. They are both monsters right now. Nobody wants to play this DL.

Howell. He has proven he is an NFL QB. How good can he actually end up being?

EB. Called a great game all around. 35 points on the road with a QB that has started 3 games? Yeah he is legit.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

This is another win that fells like a loss

These are the kind of wins that build a winner. Playing all 4 quarters hard. In the 1st half I had lost all hopes for the season and was thinking 6-11 or 7-10 season. Not I see our floor at 10-7. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

This is another win that fells like a loss

I’m probably the most pessimistic fan on the planet but this does not feel like a loss, this showed the team can sack up and come back and win. We showed moxy, we showed heart…I wish we didn’t give up the Hail Mary TD but this win is a WIN 

• Like 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The team barely had a pulse down 21-3 late in the first half.  It had all the makings of the sadly traditional butt whippings this team experiences once or twice a season where they say “it only counts as one loss, we’ve got to get back to work” afterwards.  Yet they persevered and saw it through and left with a W as opposed to a crushing loss no matter how it transpired.  This game had it all.

I think we have turned a very important corner.....this is a game we would have lost in the past, no doubt

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1