Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Denver

TK

Just now, Conn said:

yeah I saw that, I wouldn’t have classified that as the coaches tossing the pitch count they had planned so much as Young trying to circumvent it lol, unless they just stopped caring. I’ll be interested to see how many snaps he did really play, seems he was on the field a ton in the second half 

Yeah I dont get this snap count nonsense. If youre healthy to play you play. Its the NFL you only get 17 games. 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I dont get this snap count nonsense. If youre healthy to play you play. Its the NFL you only get 17 games. 

it doesn’t really make as much sense with a “stinger” or whatever he had, but with lower body injuries it’s usually about building mental confidence in the knee/ankle/foot and trying to more slowly build to a full game to try and avoid compensation injuries (like guys coming back from an ACL or hammy are more likely to hurt their groin, or their other ACL, etc.) 

In Young’s current case idk. But I’m definitely interested in seeing the final snap count/%

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

it doesn’t really make as much sense with a “stinger” or whatever he had, but with lower body injuries it’s usually about building mental confidence in the knee/ankle/foot and trying to more slowly build to a full game to try and avoid compensation injuries (like guys coming back from an ACL or hammy are more likely to hurt their groin, or their other ACL, etc.) 

You can tell he does not quite fully trust it yet.

When he was chasing plays at full speed and someone else made the tackle, instead of throttling down normally, he would hop-skip several times to slow down and limit the force on his legs.

He still has a little way to go in the mental department in trusting that leg.

That also means he prob got another gear or 2 he can hit once he gets there tho.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, zCommander said:

I posted the tweet about it in the Chase thread. 

Ron Rivera said Chase Young was "so doggone anxious" to play he would sometimes go on the field when it wasn't his turn.

I'm sorry but this is fn awesome.

Someone put some points on the board for Chase on that one, please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm sorry but this is fn awesome.

Is it?  Being in the wrong place at the wrong time creates problems and potential for negative consequences. It just suggests the mental game is not on a par, which is understandable given he’s missed so much action. Still, he came out without a scratch and certainly made his presence felt so it’s certainly a successful debut for him 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, FuriousD said:

Is it?  Being in the wrong place at the wrong time creates problems and potential for negative consequences. It just suggests the mental game is not on a par, which is understandable given he’s missed so much action. Still, he came out without a scratch and certainly made his presence felt so it’s certainly a successful debut for him 

I don't get it. He was being criticized for "not wanting to play." Now he "wants to play too much"? There is just no making some people happy I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't get it. He was being criticized for "not wanting to play." Now he "wants to play too much"? There is just no making some people happy I guess.

No criticism at all for wanting to play.. only for being on the field at the wrong time. 

Terry telling him he was proud of him after the game is all you really need to know. I guarantee he speaks for most of the team and honestly you have only ever heard negative things from the coach....who we all think is pretty media savvy..

I say that to say I think if Terry is proud of him, we can all feel comfortable in being proud of him for taking this major step back. Obviously more to come. But its ok to feel good about it right now imo (and I wanted to trade him BEFORE he got hurt....so no homer here) 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, FuriousD said:

@Warhead36 nailed it, id rather have someone I need to reel back then rile up.

It's a good problem he wants to play more then we want to let him, this will even itself out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Conn said:

In Young’s current case idk. But I’m definitely interested in seeing the final snap count/%

Collisions perhaps? Want to limit the number of times OL are slamming into his shoulders

@Warhead36 nailed it, id rather have someone I need to reel back then rile up.

It's a good problem he wants to play more then we want to let him, this will even itself out.

Especially for an edge rusher. LT was a wild dog during games running on pure instinct. Let Jon Allen and Kam Curl be the strategists. Its the one position I'm OK with it at lol. 

I'm kind of kidding - but not really.

I just loved seeing our pass rushers use tighter angles, it was beautiful. And I liked when Sweat and Chase formed into a Dragon Ball with Russell in that one sack

• Haha 1

If Chase contained the edge yesterday it would have been an elite performance. This has been my number 1 knock on him. If he can contain when he needs to and not be out of place, then he will be a special player.

If he is not interested in that, then he’ll be just good or average. Good for Chase Young is not good enough! Both him and the team need more.

It will make a difference of millions of dollars on his pay check in the future.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Peyton has always been an arrogant coach.  His teams have always been dirty to an extent.  That’s why he was suspended for a year for bounty gate.  Jackson was fined for a hit for week 1 and did something even more egregious this week.  

We know Ron wanted this win....has anyone heard what was said at halftime after Logan took that dirty shot to the face? I would think the team/coaches were pretty pissed off about that.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

If Chase contained the edge yesterday it would have been an elite performance. This has been my number 1 knock on him. If he can contain when he needs to and not be out of place, then he will be a special player.

The announcers even mentioned how easy it is to reroute CY on an outside pass rush. He doesn’t seem to have any spin back inside or any of that elite bend.  As good as he was yesterday, I fear against better offensive lines hes

going to push way too far into the backfield and be susceptible to giving up big screen plays or a Josh Allen taking off from the gap that’s created.  I dunno, I hope he continues to get back into playing shape and continues to dominate better offensive tackles.

Edited by Rex Tomb
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

The announcers even mentioned how easy it is to reroute CY on an outside pass rush. He doesn’t seem to have any spin back inside or any of that elite bend.  As good as he was yesterday, I fear against better offensive lines hes

going to push way too far into the backfield and be susceptible to giving up big screen plays or a Josh Allen taking off from the gap that’s created.  I dunno, I hope he continues to get back into playing shape and continues to dominate better offensive tackles.

Yeah, teams will see it and take advantage of it. He seems to be really good at sniffing out screens. For some reason I remember him doing that really well previously and he did it well yesterday. But, he’ll be out of position a lot and he’ll be a weak point if he doesn’t learn. Yeah, draw to his side and it’s a player you don’t have to worry about.

Maybe Allen can teach him his one handed spin backslap. It should be a weapon for all d-lineman. Thwack!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Especially for an edge rusher. LT was a wild dog during games running on pure instinct. Let Jon Allen and Kam Curl be the strategists. Its the one position I'm OK with it at lol. 

I'm kind of kidding - but not really.

I just loved seeing our pass rushers use tighter angles, it was beautiful. And I liked when Sweat and Chase formed into a Dragon Ball with Russell in that one sack

LT ran on pure instinct and cocaine...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

If he is not interested in that, then he’ll be just good or average. Good for Chase Young is not good enough! Both him and the team need more.

It will make a difference of millions of dollars on his pay check in the future.

A little discipline will go a long way in Chase's game. I'm encouraged by the fact I FINALLY saw variety in his pass rush. Something tells me that Sweat had something to do with that- since we first saw the variety start with him. The coaches need to capitalize on this momentum and stay on him about setting the edge being the next stage in his evolution- while continuing to keep variety in his pass rush.

2 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

All he needs to understand is that retracing his pass rush lane will lead to more sacks. He could've had 2 more sacks yesterday if he were disciplined and retraced his rush to contain. 

• Like 3

On 9/18/2023 at 8:16 PM, Fan since a Fetus said:

Yeah, teams will see it and take advantage of it. He seems to be really good at sniffing out screens. For some reason I remember him doing that really well previously and he did it well yesterday. But, he’ll be out of position a lot and he’ll be a weak point if he doesn’t learn. Yeah, draw to his side and it’s a player you don’t have to worry about.

Maybe Allen can teach him his one handed spin backslap. It should be a weapon for all d-lineman. Thwack!

Or the bear hug or whatever he was using to utterly dominate the poor guard he was up against.  The one that the color analyst said shouldn't be legal 😂

• Haha 1

Note to self:

This is perfectly fine as long as you get results.

I don't judge😉

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

So have I and I'm doing alright.

*With all due respect, the jury may still be out on that one😉😂

*as Ricky-Bobby would say, "it's okay, because I said "with all due respect"

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I don't judge😉

*With all due respect, the jury may still be out on that one😉😂

*as Ricky-Bobby would say, "it's okay, because I said "with all due respect"

The island has been out of Adderall and it's more expensive when it is available. 

It's medicinal. Just like my mushrooms. 

I don't smoke weed like a loser though. 😳

• Like 1