Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Denver

TK

Just now, MartinC said:

Looking ahead we need the D to play a full 4 quarters like they played that second half if we are going to compete with teams like the Bills and the Eagles who have we up next.

Yea, that slow start will be doom against better teams.  I mean we will play much better offenses than Denver...  🤣😂:cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I think that stat about Forbes is wrong.  Champ had an interception his first game with us against Dallas.

Your probably right. Good catch.

Edit: You are right. Just saw it on YouTube.

Edited by BleedBNG

Last year it did seem that we threw a lot of potential INTs that thankfully weren't caught. But THIS year the opposite seems to be true. Have already had quite a few potential INTs dropped by our D, while I don't recall many that our QB threw. Great sign feeling that your QB is more accurate than the oppositions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomwvr said:the team could easily be 0-2 not 2-0 unlike every other 2-0

team

Not lying but too soon. Enjoy

2 hours ago, illone said:

Chase is back!

He looked great out there today.  Nice to see him making plays again.  

Back to where he needs to improve from. 1st by cutting the negative plays.

2 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

I'll take 2-2 before playing the Bears.

You’ll settle….we can still take 4-0.

2 hours ago, pray4surf said:

Hell yeah!  Being down 18 on the road at THAT stadium.  it's HUGE! 

So, does the late fly-in help the 2nd half surge or cause the 1st qrtr lethargy??

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

Have to work out some long snappers. It’s a problem.

Wtf drafts a long snapper??haha

4 hours ago, Conn said:

yep. If we weren’t going to utilize this deep TE draft I wanted to see Turner emerge (and show more after the catch than he’s shown in preseasons past), hoping for it now. He’s shown some nice chemistry with Howell now in limited action, and Bates has horrible hands. It’s Turner’s time 

Forgot to add, because GDT, but my son looked at me last week and asked, "Can I get a Cole Turner shirt? Not Holcomb but he's cool"

44 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Ryan Kerrigan had a pick 6.

Yep, I had a Giants fan neighbor over to watch the game. He was very quiet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Looking ahead we need the D to play a full 4 quarters like they played that second half if we are going to compete with teams like the Bills and the Eagles who have we up next.

Agree. 

The Bills game to me is the one that would sell me that they have a good chance for a winning season.

I had a blast at the game.   And my biggest takeaway is Howell could be the guy to save us from QB hell. 

But at the same time I expected them to win the first 2 games.  In my 8-9 prediction I had them start 2-0. I didn’t though predict they would beat the Bills. 

They are going to need to play a complete game to win next Sunday 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Conn said:

Is that confirmed, that at some point Young was feeling good and they just threw away the idea of the pitch count? 

I posted the tweet about it in the Chase thread. 

Ron Rivera said Chase Young was "so doggone anxious" to play he would sometimes go on the field when it wasn't his turn.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, MartinC said:

From NFL.com

Next Gen Stat of the game: Sam Howell's 30-yard TD pass to Terry McLaurin traveled an air distance of 41.2 yds with 1.2 yards of target separation for a completion probability of 22 percent.

That was a wow moment for me. What a strike.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

What was Daron Payne's injury?  Any word on him or Cosmi?

In another thread someone posted how happy and relieved they were when Payne came back out onto the field. Hoping that means he was just bruised. I didn't like the look of frustration I saw on his face as he limped off the field.
Cosmi came back in after a few plays.

Edited by mudhog

5 hours ago, zCommander said:

I posted the tweet about it in the Chase thread. 

Ron Rivera said Chase Young was "so doggone anxious" to play he would sometimes go on the field when it wasn't his turn.

yeah I saw that, I wouldn’t have classified that as the coaches tossing the pitch count they had planned so much as Young trying to circumvent it lol, unless they just stopped caring. I’ll be interested to see how many snaps he did really play, seems he was on the field a ton in the second half 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1