Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Commanders vs. Cardinals - No mercy for the helpless red birds!

zCommander

Just now, mistertim said:

Why does it seem like every single year our defense seems to **** the bed right after we do something good on offense. Are they trolling or something?

Recency bias, based on the emotional response that you and I, as fans, emotionally respond to. Especially since we react to every singular play. 

On that note, I feel the same way:) 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

The Cardinals are crazy. They have had a ton of success on misdirection and the edges. Instead of working that they try to attack our strengths and leave with 3. This defense is pretty good. 

Want to see the backside be more disciplined. 

Cards did a good job of taking advantage of our tendency to overpursue on that drive. JDR will adjust.

Just now, bh32 said:

With the amount of resources that have been put into that defense,they should be better than they are.

I end up thinking this every single year, which is so disappointing. Makes me wonder if the talent and talent development is there, but not the scheme. I suspect we’ll find out in the next couple years 

Just now, bh32 said:

With the amount of resources that have been put into that defense,they should be better than they are.

Agreed.

However, I think we are one LB and a disciplined edge from being top tier. The edge doesn’t need to be the best in the league. Just an athletic and strong guy who can get 6-8 sacks and play the perimeter. That changes EVERYTHING.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1