Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

So typical of a draft, everybody looking at it with the vision of what do we need right now!!!!!!!!!!!

And 3 years from now if these guys are pro bowlers and our secondary is elite we go, damn guess that was the right call.

And if we have to start 3-4 qbs every year due to our oline issues we will never make the playoffs

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Does anyone look at what we have at OL, and then look at what the teams in our division have on their DL, and not panic?

I think we light, and low on talent. Offensively, we have been bad, and it all starts up front.

I guess we'll be ok defensively, and be 30th in points, and wonder why we missed the playoffs again, and finished last in the division......again.

Same here.

RR is thinking he's got the 2001 Raves here.

4 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Does anyone look at what we have at OL, and then look at what the teams in our division have on their DL, and not panic?

I think we light, and low on talent. Offensively, we have been bad, and it all starts up front.

I guess we'll be ok defensively, and be 30th in points, and wonder why we missed the playoffs again, and finished last in the division......again.

They are going to have to use hella movement and quick passing to slow the pass rush. That’s the only option. 

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Why are DC and Seattle in the same division in the XFL? lolol

2 divisions. North and South.

I like Martin. In a vacuum.

But for those saying “in three years when our secondary is elite”… there’s a chance it could be. We have a lot of talent on D. 

But I sure hope we can win a bunch of 9-6 games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wyndorf25 said:

Ok. So the Commanders drafted a lithe ball-hawk at CB. I'm ok with it. Then they double-down on the secondary with Jartavius.

This defense is not the problem. I get it though, if these two players make this defense truly ELITE, then cool.

However, this Offense needs HELP. Damn.

Tell me that's you in your profile pic!  🤣

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Just like last night I dont hate the player. I just cant stand where they took him. It is reach after reach with this front office. Frustrating as hell. But this is most likely the last draft we have to deal with this ****.

I liked Ron and thought Dan was the biggest problem.  But my God this draft sucks.  I would have taken Kincaid and Steen or Henley in the 2nd.  Please tell me I could draft better than Ron???

17 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Panic move.

Josh Harris is not impressed, Ron.

Breaking News:

"According to reports, after seeing the first two selections made by Rivera in the NFL draft Josh Harris and that Greek guy from Canada have officially rescinded their bids.

Brian Davis with an estimated net worth somewhere between 27 million dollars and 51 billion dollars, give or take, is expected to be named new owner of the Commanders at the next league meeting in May.'

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Wyndorf25 said:

Ok. So the Commanders drafted a lithe ball-hawk at CB. I'm ok with it. Then they double-down on the secondary with Jartavius.

This defense is not the problem. I get it though, if these two players make this defense truly ELITE, then cool.

However, this Offense needs HELP. Damn.

I'd love for them to hit offense from now on.

But I'll say in their defense -- this move in the context of the Forbes pick, makes this defense potentially sick.  It's the perfect finishing touch IMO to the secondary.

It solves slot.   It fixes any depth concerns both on the outside-FS and if they lose Curl for some time.    It adds another ball hawk -- not on Forbes level but I recall thinking highly of his ball skills while watching him.

• Like 4
  • Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

Part of me wonders if they think EB can just get more out of this offense. 

The offense has plenty of weapons. And they did address the OL in FA this off season. They gave EB one of his guys while doing it too. There is something to be said about making your strength stronger in the draft. My issue is the complete lack of draft positioning value this FO shows. It just amazes me. 

• Like 2

Actually all kidding aside, i actually like this draft. Our offence looked good behind howell against Dallas. I think our biggest weakness was our corners and safety and it keeps us from over paying an aging vet who thinks they can still play. We were on the field way too much late in games

• Like 3