Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Starting 5 right now could be Leno, Gates, Roullier, Cosmi, Wylie.

if we cut Roullier then Gates would be center and maybe Paul competes with Charles. I’m assuming Norwell will be a casualty based on Kiem saying on his podcast everything he’s heard about LG is Paul and Charles being in competition for the spot. 

I think that line is adequate to decent. But depth at both guard spots is poor. Injuries would be a major problem.

Well, Cosmi never gets hurt. So we should be good there.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You bet or Zavala or Stromberg but doubting they do center.  

I have Martin on my wishlist but not in the 2nd but 3rd.  A bit to high but the D is rock solid now.  Breeland might be an option at #97 too. 

Edited by RWJ

Just now, Number 44 said:

Do you know what the reason is?

There were all sorts of character red flags. We met with him 4 times and there was talk he has a tough personality and he’s really quirky. Reports say he was 370

pounds at his pro day.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The picks also shows they are 100% drafting for need and they viewed CB/Slot as bigger needs than anything else.

We will have a better secondary for sure. But being BPA thinking I don’t love the way we’re handling this strategically.

But speaking on the two players, both in vacuums, we got two very good players.

Drafting for need is only good if you are 1-2 players away from a super bowl. Bpa is the best way to build a team 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

if we cut Roullier then Gates would be center and maybe Paul competes with Charles. I’m assuming Norwell will be a casualty based on Kiem saying on his podcast everything he’s heard about LG is Paul and Charles being in competition for the spot. 

I think that line is adequate to decent. But depth at both guard spots is poor. Injuries would be a major problem.

Thats been the issue the last couple years. Decent to start with but once the injuries roll in there's a big drop off.

• Like 1

Maybe I’m just looking at next season as a whatever happens happens year. Mostly all of us expect this staff and FO to be out once new ownership settles in. 

I think both guys drafted are going to be good pros. There is previous years where I don’t expect much from guys that we select and they wash out. The more good players here for the next regime the better. Even if it doesn’t have an immediate impact for next season W/L. 

• Like 2

Just now, tomwvr said:

Drafting for need is only good if you are 1-2 players away from a super bowl. Bpa is the best way to build a team 

Preaching to the choir.

But we don’t. We draft for need. Always. And we telegraph. We knew they wanted CB and slot. We know they have been looking OL, too. Wouldn’t be surprised to see that forced soon, too.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The offense has plenty of weapons. And they did address the OL in FA this off season. They gave EB one of his guys while doing it too. There is something to be said about making your strength stronger in the draft. My issue is the complete lack of draft positioning value this FO shows. It just amazes me. 

That's basically what I'm saying.   There is talent there and there should be hope he get get more out of this group. 

I also understand it can get stronger on the side as well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

This is poor. Leno is average, at best. Wylie is a G playing T, and gave up 9 sacks last year. Roullier is good, if healthy. He has not been healthy. Gates is ok, but is coming off injuries and who knows what Cosmi is at Guard. And everyone is on the small side. Barely average. and Tackles are below average.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

I unironically think it will be great for the future of our secondary. Rivera will just be watching a better staff reap the benefits of his poor-value drafting once they insert their own premium position talents that allow us to take advantage of it all as a whole. These guys are good players just being drafted at poor value. Forbes more than Martin, but still. Rivera consistently drafts like a guy backfilling a recent divisional round playoff team. 

I hear ya, the only player I was pounding the table for was bijan robinson because I wanted an elite talent at a skill position for a change.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I have Martin on my wishlist but not in the 2nd but 3rd.  A bit to high but the D is rock solid now.  Breeland might be an option at #97 too. 

Breeland i wouldn't hate but hes boom-bust IMO.  I'd rather go with a safer player who plays guard.    I'd go Warren or even Morris over Freeland if they want to go tackle.

• Thanks 1

Darnell Washington’s health issues must be real.

Dawands character issues seem clear. I bet Washington thinks he’ll fall and they’ll take the risk at the comp pick. 

I don’t think he makes it that far.