Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I think I’d rather drag someone out of the stands to play QB than trot Fromm out there.

I’m telling you… 

When we play Dallas Howell is going to get injured in practice.

”Geez, man. I think I sprained my big toe. And my throwing hand’s thumb. Golly. This stinks. I think I’m just going to have to miss this one specific game. I’ll be back by Wednesday of next week, though. But I think I’m going to stay home from this trip. You know, to recover? Fromm deserves the QB2 gig for a week. What a guy he is. Quality human.

Anyways, call me if you need me. If it goes to voicemail I’ll get back to you sometime after the game.” 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Morneblade said:

He's not all that. He really isnt. Marginal upgrade over a LB that was marginal.

At best.

OK, but like I said earlier, I believe that much of this comes down to how good Chase Young is gonna be. If he plays like the kid we envisioned when we drafted him then this defense is special and everyone gets better. If he doesn't then the holes get exposed....we have a tremendous amount of potential in our secondary now and those guys play for years if they're good. We must be putting a high priority on defensive speed/coverage....

• Like 1

Speaking of Keim he wasn't kidding that Ron is working off of the idea of O line or hybrid safety in round 2-3

That's exactly what they did.

Keim suggested they are working a list at both spots.  Suggested O line was first, hybrid-safety comes next.  But it could alternate.

So I gather like yesterday the O lineman on their list (we know Bergeron and Avilia were on it) were taken so they shifted to hybrid safety.

While I hate the method to the madness.  I do love Quan Martin so I'll take him off the hook for it.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Speaking of Keim he wasn't kidding that Ron is working off of the idea of O line or hybrid safety in round 3-4.

That's exactly what they did.

Keim suggested they are working a list at both spots.  Suggested O line was first, hybrid-safety comes next.  But it could alternate.

So I gather like yesterday the O lineman on their list (we know Bergeron and Avilia were on it) were taken so they shifted to hybrid safety.

While I hate the method to the madness.  I do love Quan Martin so I'll take him off the hook for it.

I hate that we go in with a position we're going to draft in advance. So narrow minded and tunnel visioned. 

I legit believe we wanted Branch at 47 and when he got taken we panicked and took the next best guy even though he's nowhere near worth that pick value.