Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I think Gibson is going to end up in EB’s doghouse really quickly. Just speculation based off of EB’s attention to detail and Gibson’s lack of vision and rawness as a RB, still. 

On the positive side, EB used to be an RB coach so perhaps he can get the best out of Gibson/coach him up.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I think Gibson is going to end up in EB’s doghouse really quickly. Just speculation based off of EB’s attention to detail and Gibson’s lack of vision and rawness as a RB, still. 

He needs to get the fumbles under control. Kenny McIntosh Georgia RB is an excellent receiver and could be a good fit in the later rounds. 

21 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

I am excited to see how EB deploys Curtis and if he can get Dyami more involved.  I think we were hindered by Scott's lack of creativity on offense more than our Oline , TH's arm strength and Carsons deer caught in headlights pocket presence. Should be a good season regardless of who is taking snaps at QB. Both options are more than capable of providing a more dynamic attack than we have seen in a long time 

We may sell out preseason games this year. 

• Like 2

Just now, FootballZombie said:

They signed Rashod Penny from Seattle so they never even tried to keep Sanders. Not sure what happened but Sanders never seemed to be in the new coaching staffs good graces. When they used him he seemed very good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, burgngold fan said:

Think I have very mixed feelings about signing JB.    Prob the best back up qb there was available to get!  Problem is. If it’s a true qb competition.  Than jocoby wins by experience alone.  And Sam how never gets a chance to really show what he can do.  It’s a shame this team always settles for mediocrity and never takes a chance on potential.  

Pretty unlikely Brissett starts a full 17 game season. 

Howell will get chances to play even if he's not the starter week 1.

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

That's the main point!  Let there be a QB competition between Howell and Brissett which is legit.  Best man wins.  Makes a ton of sense. 

I hate to spoil it for you and everyone else on ES that isn’t on the bandwagon…yet.

Sam Howell is gonna beat out Brissett and start Week One. 

And it won’t be close. The kid can play. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 7

1 hour ago, TheBlueIndian said:

I don't get all the Gibby hate. Gets open, catches everything  and can shake or bulldoze defenders in the open field with the wheels to go the distance. Oh yeah he can run between the tackles when you need to give BRob a breather. 2021 was tough for him as the lead back for sure but if memory serves he didn't put the ball on the turf in 22 and made some pretty good plays in the passing game. 

No hate, I like Gibson. But Ekeler is flat out better, available, and would line up with our window under a Howell rookie contract to push in the chips.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, but he probably gets at least out of the first quarter of the first game without the idiot fans chanting for a talentless bad QB, and that's something.  

Fans are going to clamor for the backup QB no matter what.  

But first thing's first: Howell has to go win the job.  I don't think Ron/EB are going to start Howell, potentially with a new owner with their jobs on the line if they believe Jacoby is a better option to win games.

This.  Sam has to clearly win the job in camp to be opening day starter.  JB was a good signing.  If we have to rely on him, he probably can get to Ron’s favorite number of 7.

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

This.  Sam has to clearly win the job in camp to be opening day starter.  JB was a good signing.  If we have to rely on him, he probably can get to Ron’s favorite number of 7.

You’re going to lose your mind if they get to 10 or11 wins next year….

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, burgngold fan said:

Think I have very mixed feelings about signing JB.    Prob the best back up qb there was available to get!  Problem is. If it’s a true qb competition.  Than jocoby wins by experience alone.  And Sam how never gets a chance to really show what he can do.  It’s a shame this team always settles for mediocrity and never takes a chance on potential.  

Ron’s job is on the line. Why do you think he fired Scott and hired EB.

Sam will be given every opportunity to win the starting job. If he’s what the Sam’s Club say he is; then he will win the job. If not then we have someone who can start. He’s 35-41 as a starter.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The Commanders roster is better than Cleveland’s. 

They smoked Washington in crunch time. Wentz took a beating.  Was 4/7 last year as starter. career year no.s  7 years in the league many chances before this. What's he done to make everybody think we are going to the bowl?, Yearly, blue light special.  No.9 QB for Ron going into year 4.  It's Howell time now. 

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

1st home preseason game will feature:

- New owner

- New QB(s)

- New OC

- Several new rookies

- Major Tuddy        

= SELLOUT

New OL and Coach?