Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

Its not bad, especially for a deal w/o void yrs.

Got some space to do the restructure wiggle down the line, and the start of the contract is way below market.

Pay 10 this year.

23 next

wiggle out of the following 27 w/ a re-structure

Give a new deal/cut/trade/whatever before the bill comes due. Everybody wins.

• Like 1

We have a real opportunity to get really good really fast. 

I hope we are active and aggressive. With the right plan in place we could be dangerous, especially with Howell on a non first rd rookie deal. 

So many good players. Let’s go get them. 

No better time than the present. #httc

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I wanted to trade Payne if we couldn’t get a LTD, and I’m excited that we got a deal done. Wait until all of the DTs sign in FA, this will look like a steal. Lowering your cap hit AND locking up a player in his prime. Big time win. Now we just need some FA lineman, CB, and ILB.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

A guy that can win games as a backup is a guy that has value, shame some people don’t get that.

Dude, his arm strength may not appeal to EB.  I Love TH the competitor, person.  

• Like 1

We are primed to make some big moves and take advantage of Howell's contract.

This is what I want.

#1 O. Brown is priority # 1.  Take care of it and get it done.  27 yrs old, In his prime.  Premium position.

#2 K . McGary.  We need more than 2 OL, but I say you go get this guy as well.  Bookends, would be amazing.  The best we have had since Samuels and Jansen.  I understand it would cost money, winning is expensive and it can be done.

Let's look at the o line....

O. Brown C. Paul T. Larson S. Cosmi M. McGary

#3 K. White.  I wanted him last year, and want him more this year.  He played great for Philly last year.  Has a taste of NFC East football and will fit in perfectly.

Now in conjunction with drafting B. Branch (who I think is the best player avail) when we select, let's look at the defense.

Sweat     Allen     Payne      Young

St. Juste                                                                 Branch        Fuller

Davis          White             

Forrest                          Curl          

This to me would be ideal. It would make us instant contenders.  Obviously Howell would be a question, but I do not see an upgrade that makes sense.  We ride with him.  I have a lot of faith in EB, and I think he is going to be great for a QB like Howell.

Just my opinion, lets discuss tomorrow...

IDK, I'd be real careful at spending decent to lower money to any of the lower end OL and thinking we have resolved our issues....

Isn't that what got us in this situation to begin with?  

Sometimes you can only do so much with the raw materials you have.  Matsko can only do so much.   

It may be more prudent to at least lock down what we deem to be the most important spot with a considerable yet not wallet busting investment.

Which would be the most important spot? LG, C, RG, RT?  Hoping we can do better than last year at fixing up our OL..

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, sebestian said:

We have a real opportunity to get really good really fast. 

I hope we are active and aggressive. With the right plan in place we could be dangerous, especially with Howell on a non first rd rookie deal. 

So many good players. Let’s go get them. 

No better time than the present. #httc

I'm with you....it's time to be cautiously aggressive and pounce on some impact players. What Miami did yesterday by getting Ramsey is something I'd love to see here. Give up a 3rd for a proven stud rather than hold onto it and draft another Saddiq Charles. Sign a stud linebacker who can cover or get to the QB...and build the offensive line through free agency and the draft. Why couldn't Howell come in and do as well or better than Purdy did in SF if he has talent all around him on both sides of the ball? One other piece I'd love to add is a taller WR for the red zone...Mack Hollins is 6'4 and had a nice season this year. Allan Lazard is 6'5. Trent Sherfield is 6'1 and made some plays in Miami. I like our top 3 guys but I'd like a taller option inside the 10 yard line for Howell to have if we're not gonna re-sign Cam Sims. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm with you....it's time to be cautiously aggressive and pounce on some impact players. What Miami did yesterday by getting Ramsey is something I'd love to see here. Give up a 3rd for a proven stud rather than hold onto it and draft another Saddiq Charles. Sign a stud linebacker who can cover or get to the QB...and build the offensive line through free agency and the draft. Why couldn't Howell come in and do as well or better than Purdy did in SF if he has talent all around him on both sides of the ball? One other piece I'd love to add is a taller WR for the red zone...Mack Hollins is 6'4 and had a nice season this year. Allan Lazard is 6'5. Trent Sherfield is 6'1 and made some plays in Miami. I like our top 3 guys but I'd like a taller option inside the 10 yard line for Howell to have if we're not gonna re-sign Cam Sims. 

Also really need a safety blanket TE to step up for Howell. Was high on a couple guys during TC last year (Turner and Rogers) but none really stepped up. Unfortunately I don't see  Logan Thomas staying healthy. Had hopes for Bates but he also seemed to vanish last year, maybe the new offensive system helps him out?

Edited by Chris 44

8 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

A guy that can win games as a backup is a guy that has value, shame some people don’t get that.

Putting aside the endless debate as to who was responsible for those wins, him or the defense I'd tend to agree that he does have some value and that would be it, he is a veteran presence who has confidence, he doesn't look scared out there and that translates into a few sustained drives and that confidence spreads to his teammates.

That said the biggest reason I'd like to move on is what we've seen was his absolute ceiling and he's pressed up against it.

If we had a starter like mahomes or burrow entrenched I'd be far more inclined to be satisfied with him as the backup but with a question mark at number one I want guys with a higher ceiling at 2 and 3.

• Like 1