Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

Just now, FootballZombie said:

I think the Ravens will match any contract that aint fully G.

Either that or he is playin on the tag.

If some team offers a lot of money the Ravens will take the picks. I think they're out on Jackson and their FO has always done a good job of maximizing value and resources.

The free-agent class is thin in general, but a few positions always get paid. One group where I think you’ll see a few big contracts is along the offensive line, where demand always outweighs supply. That’s why three right tackles drafted in the top 35 in 2019 (Mike McGlinchey, Kaleb McGary, Jawaan Taylor) who are good players but didn’t live up to their draft position are well situated for big paydays. All three could exceed $15 million per year on long-term deals, and I’d expect the Bears to be in that market.

Tennessee’s Nate Davis, Philly’s Isaac Seumalo, Denver’s Dalton Risner and Baltimore’s Ben Powers are poised for paydays from teams looking for guards.

• I think the case of Orlando Brown Jr. could be a little more complicated. The Chiefs aren’t against bringing him back—they just want a long-term solution at left tackle, rather than a one-year fix, which is why they chose not to tag him a second time. And if not Kansas City, it’s going to be interesting to see how many teams are not just interested, but interested in playing him at left tackle.

My understanding is he’s adamant about staying on the left side. If he sticks to his guns, that could limit his market, especially considering the number of teams playing Shanahan-influenced schemes that favor lighter, more mobile linemen.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/03/13/2023-nfl-free-agency-offensive-defensive-linemen-big-money-mmqb

2 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Aren't the Jets part of that? Heard he's their backup if Aaron Rodgers decides he'd rather get high in his dark basement again.

Depending on Rodgers so he has them on hold, I bet that's frustrating to them

It would be cruel fate for me if they signed Darnold,  I don't think there is a player I've bashed more. :ols:

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2

I don't think that top tier will even look at us. You have a team in transition from one owner to the next. That means uncertainty in the long term future of the head coach; so the top tier won't want to come.

The free agents we sign will be low cost and probably 1 to 3 year deals.

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

NE and TB are getting rid of him in back to back years.  Warning signs there.

I think it just means they are looking to gather as many picks as possible with some of their best talent still under contract.  Maybe?