Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The 49ers ~ "Playoffs? Playoffs? Did you say Playoffs?"

zCommander

The two teams have met each other 34 times (including 4 postseason games), with the San Francisco 49ers winning 21 games and the Washington Commanders winning 12 games. They have also tied 1 time.

The night before Christmas the Commanders will be feasting on the #1 ranked run blocking and #5 ranked pass rushing 49ers all courtesy of San Francisco. Don't forget to take your hat and jacket on the way out. 

The OL and Taylor are going to be running for their lives more than they have in the past. But, the game is still winnable. 

Commanders: 16

49ers: 13

The only hope for Washington is that the defense wreaks havoc and flusters Mr Irrelevant.  I'm talking 6 sacks snd multiple turnovers.  And Heineke plays lights out because we are not running on the 49ers.  Don't see it happening.

SF 28

Washington 9

38 minutes ago, Csup said:

The only hope for Washington is that the defense wreaks havoc and flusters Mr Irrelevant.  I'm talking 6 sacks snd multiple turnovers.  And Heineke plays lights out because we are not running on the 49ers.  Don't see it happening.

SF 28

Washington 9

My score prediction is based on two defensive TDs and a safety lol

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Measuring stick game for me. I’m high on the overall roster and believe they should compete. 

Been disappointed in last two games with overall discipline of the team. A Ron Rivera led team must be disciplined to get most return out of him as a coach. Hopefully we see smart and disciplined football return at a high level against a formidable opponent. 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 2

Head: 49ers 27, Commanders 13

49ers are similar to the Commanders in terms of relative strengths, weaknesses and tendencies but are just better in every way and playing at home--in front of a true hometown crowd.

Gut: 49ers 17, Commanders 16

The Commanders will be in desperation mode vs a clearly superior team. They will make the 49ers sweat and keep it close, but the Commanders fall again.

Liver: Commanders 16, 49ers 9

Commanders muster 2 TDs, 1 EP and 1 FG (yep, Slye misses another EP), but the bigger story is what the Commanders defense does to Brock Purdy. Cheers!

I'll go with my Gut.

Edited by Wyndorf25
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

San Fran will shut us out. Taylor will be benched at halftime and Carson will come in. Carson won’t be effective either but will show enough to get starting nod against the Browns.

I am not going to make a prediction, every time I do of late they lose.  So I won't jinx it. 

But yeah if I had to make a player type prediction I think its we see Wentz at some point in the game.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Frankly, I have no clue.

I do believe it’s possible this defense nuts up and focuses all of their energy on bottling up Cmac and forces Purdy into turning it over. 

But I can say the exact same thing for the 49ers against us.  That they sell out to stop the run and finally capitalize on Heinicke’s propensity to put it up for grabs.

• Like 1

San Fran defense is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too good and our offense hasn’t been good against mediocre defenses. Giants was a must win and now the season is pretty much over, it was a great ride and it shows that with an above average QB (not Taylor or Wentz) this team could do some damage. 

49ers:21

Commies: 12

• Like 1