Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday Night Game Night Thread: Washington at Philly - Heinicke's Last Stand, Wentz if it Hurts

TK
Message added by TK,

1520763020_ScreenShot2022-11-14at11_09_58PM.thumb.png.f702b5530a184659b9ace0bd422e8112.png

The offensive plan worked tonight because we avoided negative plays. I don't think we had any holding penalties or sacks on 1st down and very few negative plays. Not sure we can sustain this high 3rd down % conversion rate though but against Ds with lesser talented fronts we can probably make bigger plays.

• Like 3

My gut instinct is that we're diet Tennessee, the gameplan is pretty similar, but honestly I think the teams are pretty close in quality even though they beat us. I think they'll beat Philly with our blueprint.

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I guess Philly doesn't practice that play very much.

Intersting trivia - Ron Rivera went to Cal and played in the Cal-Stanford game when “The Play” (“The band is on the field!!!!) occurred  - giving Cal the last second win in the wildest, 5 lateral ending in college history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aikman is annoying af. Asked if you like to see the game end like that he keeps fumbling sayin "well technically its the rule, but", "the law of the rule says, but", "you have to protect the qb, but"...

But it doesnt ****ing matter what you think Troy-Troy!! if all that **** is the case then the right call was made!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I suspect many players will instinctively still "touch" down the player who pulls a Kneel Armstrong.

Regardless its tough for an attacking backer or DL to pull up when your target drops on the ground. Both hit him. Their best hope was to jump over Hiver.

For sure. I get it, but they made the mistake. Dude had plenty of time to do something other then hit TH. Sucks to be them. 😂

6 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I feel like we got paid back for two seasons of calls lol

It’s just everything when Taylor plays. Penalties. Missed penalties Turnovers. Generally they are almost always pretty close to even in the big scale. But some how it continually goes in our favor often in the most opportune time. 

I just can’t understand. Taylor threw 17-29 for 266 and a INT. The RBs ran for 3.05 YPC. It just keeps happening. Just something makes us eek out wins we have no business winning time after time. Like I can’t remember the last unlucky game where it feels like “man the breaks just didn’t go our way” but I can pull out a half a dozen over the last 2 years where it feels like everything goes for us 

Just now, GoDeep81 said:

You doubt..?? I can't think of a single upside to going back to Wentz. 

I think the issue with sticking with Heinicke is what happens when a team can shut down the run and they have to rely on his arm. Then they're in trouble.

That being said, I still doubt they go back to Wentz. We won this game with a great game plan and rushing attack, ok QB play, some really timely turnovers by the defense, and a sprinkle of luck. But we still won, so that should probably give Heinicke the chance to start the next one at least.

The company i work for has a monday broadcast for what the next week is up to. The office is near Philly. Half our locations are the philly market the other half are baltimore washington market. Every comment was philly plays tonight. I wanted to yell that half the managers listening are washington fans.  I may send alot of them emails tomorrow 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

The offensive plan worked tonight because we avoided negative plays. I don't think we had any holding penalties or sacks on 1st down and very few negative plays. Not sure we can sustain this high 3rd down % conversion rate though but against Ds with lesser talented fronts we can probably make bigger plays.

Offensive line let our running backs get going down hill before contact.  They didn’t open up big holes, but they kept eagles out of the backfield and that alone made a very big difference imo.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Undefeated in prime time this year.

And funny thing is, under Rivera, we’re 

2-1 in primetime in 2020 (3-1 if you count the thanksgiving day game in Dallas), the 1 loss being against the Bucs 

2-1 last year in primetime

2-0 this year in primetime.

thats 6-2 (7-2 if you count the thanksgiving day game) in primetime under Rivera. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

Aikman is annoying af. Asked if you like to see the game end like that he keeps fumbling sayin "well technically its the rule, but", "the law of the rule says, but", "you have to protect the qb, but"...

But it doesnt ****ing matter what you think Troy-Troy!! if all that **** is the case then the right call was made!

Stop it. Cmon Troy is awesome as a commentator. Dude will do Cowboys games in Dallas and never play the homer card.. He's allowed some leeway

Edited by Playaction2Sanders
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Yeah he has to start. I would have loved to see Wentz one more time but we have to ride with Heinicke until he stinks it up.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him pulled at halftime some game if we’re behind at some point though.

we played Vikings competitive and beat the eagles.

We might be a top 10 team all of a sudden. And for some reason it still feels like we suck.