Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Minnesota at Washington ~ This one has everything....From A to Z :)

TK
Message added by TK,

1862862785_ScreenShot2022-11-06at4_11_36PM.thumb.png.13d6d1e064b37e0f429f336d22618b52.png

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Doubled up in yards. 180 vs. 90. 

TOP has evened out a bit though.

Vikjngs being extremely conservative because they don’t have to even attempt to score more than 17 points and know it.  

If you've watched the Vikings at all this year or last year you would know this is their M.O. They start out hot as hell and then for some reason they can't do anything for long stretches.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Defense probably going to have some things to say to the offense at halftime inside the locker room.

Won't mean a thing until the final 2 minutes.  Late game heroics won't wprk this week. Defense bound to get tired in second half and Vikings will get a couple of tds to win game.

As for the Haskins (RIP) debate.  i am pretty confident I know what went down, pretty much every reporter is on the same page with it.  And Hoffman was super tight with O'Connell, I recall that in real time. 

Keim, Standig don't make things up.  Dan created some consternation with the coaches and Kyle Smith when Dan overrode the coaches and scouting staff.  Unfair to Haskins and unfair to the coaching staff.  If I were O'Connell i'd want to leave this dumpster fire, too.   I do think O'Connell would be more into staying if there weren't other teams poking around on him.    But granted no way to know. 

But good times ahead hopefully where we don't have to have debates like this on game day which center on our douche-incompetent owner stirring the apple cart.

And yeah definitely O'Connell > Scott Turner

Keim below

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington-commanders/post/_/id/42606/its-hard-to-find-patrick-mahomes-inside-washingtons-five-year-quest-to-replace-kirk-cousins

2019-20: The draft

The move: drafting Dwayne Haskins with the 15th overall selection in 2019.

The result: It did not work out.

The record: 3-13 in 2019; 7-9 in 2020

Total quarterbacks started: 6 (McCoy, Haskins and Case Keenum in 2019; Haskins, Kyle Allen, Smith and Taylor Heinicke in 2020).

Washington's staff gave Haskins a third-round grade before the draft. Some had initially given him a first-round mark, but after further evaluation the entire staff settled on the third. But, according to multiple sources at the time, on the day of the draft they were told by owner Dan Snyder to move him up their board. Once New York picked Daniel Jones at No. 6, and knowing the owner's affinity for him, they knew Haskins was headed their way.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Doubled up in yards. 180 vs. 90. 

TOP has evened out a bit though.

Vikjngs being extremely conservative because they don’t have to even attempt to score more than 17 points and know it.  

17-14 Washington sounds about right. Heineke time! 

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

To be fair I was a huge Cousins supporter and wish we had kept him.  His game winning drive number was top-three in the league at that point.

That's true. 

But we don't care about the good stats or consistency.. its the backbreaking goof-ups that we remember!  

To be fair, I didn't mind Cousins but didn't think he was worth the money, he always reminding me of being the quintessential 15th rated QB in the league.   That's said, he is absolutely a quality QB that I would love to have here. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

St. Juste is blossoming into a #1 CB right in front of our eyes.

He's a blanket in man coverage, and even though Justin Jefferson made a bunch of plays on him on that first drive, all of those were tough, contested plays made over good coverage.

The next step in Juice's evolution (and the thing that might prevent him from ever being a true stud corner) is to start playing the ball and turning it over.  If he gets to where he can intercept the ball from his man coverages when he's targeted, then he'd become a true lock down corner that QBs would start avoiding.  I'm just not sure if he's got that kind of ballhawk in him though.

• Like 5

Just now, Going Commando said:

He's a blanket in man coverage, and even though Justin Jefferson made a bunch of plays on him on that first drive, all of those were tough, contested plays made over good coverage.

The next step in Juice's evolution (and the thing that might prevent him from ever being a true stud corner) is to start playing the ball and turning it over.  If he gets to where he can intercept the ball from his man coverages when he's targeted, then he'd become a true lock down corner that QBs would start avoiding.  I'm just not sure if he's got that kind of ballhawk in him though.

Yeah I don't think he's got those kind of ball skills. That's why I wanna pair him with a real #1 and just shut people down. Think like Shawn Springs and Carlos Rogers back in 05. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

ES:  THEY JUST GOTTA THROW IT UP TO TERRY AND LET HIM MAKE A PLAY!!!!

ES Last Week:  OMG THEY THREW IT UP TO TERRY AND IT WAS ALMOST PICKED!!!!

Also ES:  I CAN'T BELIEVE KIRK WOULD JUST THROW IT UP TO A WR IN THE END ZONE LIKE JUSTIN JEFFERSON WHAT A BUFFOON

Right, that was a good pass to an elite player and great defense.  Simple as that.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

13 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Here is the difference between me and you - you look at th and despise him he can do nothing right  i look at him and can see some good in what he does but absolutely dont think he is the long term or even short term answer. He is a solid back up that can fill in now and then. And that when he is on he can be a freak but when he is off which is far more than 70-80 percent of the time he is awful.

y

God we stopped playing defense

If that first part is how you think KDwag feels about Heinicke, then your reading comprehension needs some work, I wouldn’t describe his thoughts on Heinicke that way at all. He’s one of the fairest posters here when speaking of his strengths and weaknesses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1