Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Minnesota at Washington ~ This one has everything....From A to Z :)

TK
Message added by TK,

1862862785_ScreenShot2022-11-06at4_11_36PM.thumb.png.13d6d1e064b37e0f429f336d22618b52.png

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What in the world is Scott Turner doing, the offense finally gets a 3rd & short and that is when he decides to call a pass play with no short options to move the sticks with?   Turner is play-calling himself out of a job regardless of the QB.

It's because he calls plays using a magic 8 ball.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

First of all, @Voice_of_Reasonis taking out his rough week on TH in the gamethreads here, nothing new.

He'll tell you that since TH is so limited that the whole playbook isn't available.  Which isn't terribly wrong.

But why not call roll outs, quick passes ans a faster paced offense and not make him a statue in the pocket

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

First of all, @Voice_of_Reasonis taking out his rough week on TH in the gamethreads here, nothing new.

He'll tell you that since TH is so limited that the whole playbook isn't available.  Which isn't terribly wrong.

If he didn’t suck I wouldn’t take it out in him.

I actually had a good week. :) 

I did just say the playbook is limited.

I hate being predictable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Where were the “it’s not all the QB’s fault” guys when Wentz was starting?  😭

I have been a huge Turner critic, but with the offensive line being as bad as it is, I don’t see any qb or offensive coordinator being successful with the mess we have. 

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Beats the **** out of me, that's what I'd do.

Here’s the dirty secret: he’s not very good on the move, either. He’s best when he escapes the pocket and creates. He’s not great on designed roll outs because the defense flows with him and they don’t respect his ability to throw the ball backside on rolls.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

So all these passes where heinicke drops back surveys the field and either gets sacked, launches up a wobbler or has the ball knocked back down his throat, is that a bad play call by turner?

As I said before, he's not blameless but it's so obvious the limitations created by heinicke.

• Like 2