Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I definitely prefer an owner who has 100 billion or more like Bezos or Ballmer. Those guys would build a stadium as their legacy and not try to nickel and dime the fans. The multi party groups will try to recoup their money and make for a crappy PSL situation and game day experience in my opinion. 

I get that PSLs aren't desirable, but which of the newish stadiums DON'T have them? I think the quality of the game day experience is fairly independent of PSLs.

12 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

My guess is even if Bezos is the winner of the bid he'll bring in partners by default.  In fact, the NFL will likely encourage all bidders to include some minority minority owners. Jay Z could be one. But I'm sure there's plenty of business-people who qualify to be included that have the funds to do so. The NFL has been searching for minorities in ownership, and I can't see why they wouldn't want that here ... and Bezos would surely be open to that sort of thing.

The Waltons also brought in partners to dress up their appeal for their Broncos bid. If Bezos buys the team, he’s making the decisions regardless of who he partners with. Same with Ballmer. Neither of them are going to care that much about PSLs for a new stadium. Ballmer has already proven it with the 1.5 billion dollar basketball arena he’s building next to Sofi stadium. 

Snyder was originally the minority partner in a group led by Howard Milstein. The other owners would not vote in Milstein so Dan put together his own group. He had to finance a lot of it. He also squeezed the fans for every nickel. You won’t get that with Bezos or Ballmer. Same with how Paul Allen ran the Seahawks.  I don’t want an owner who sees this as a money maker beyond the regular increase of the ever increasing tv and streaming money. This should be a minor asset in the net worth of the new owner and hopefully he sees it as a legacy purchase and hires the right people to run it and builds the fan base back. 

5 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I get that PSLs aren't desirable, but which of the newish stadiums DON'T have them? I think the quality of the game day experience is fairly independent of PSLs.

They vary greatly. Ballmer is not charging PSL for his new arena which will be the most expensive arena ever built. He also is building it with fan noise and fan experience at the center of it. He’s limiting the seats and not maximizing every inch. He’s not going to make a ton of money on it. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

They vary greatly. Ballmer is not charging PSL for his new arena which will be the most expensive arena ever built. He also is building it with fan noise and fan experience at the center of it. He’s limiting the seats and not maximizing every inch. He’s not going to make a ton of money on it. 

Yeah I was specifically thinking about football. I have no idea how prevalent PSL are in the other sports.

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Do you guys think there is some smoking gun type info in the court docket that Snyder wants sealed forever and this selling of the team might be a bargaining chip to keep it sealed?

At this point, I think we are long past any sort of "Hush hush" Scenario.  He's been burning so many bridges and bullying/silencing so many people, that regardless of what he does with this team, something WILL come out, or get leaked. 

It's over. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Do you guys think there is some smoking gun type info in the court docket that Snyder wants sealed forever and this selling of the team might be a bargaining chip to keep it sealed?

It's gotta be and I'm sure he's known it all along. Then add on Irsays comments and that owners meeting was just two weeks ago, thats no coincidence.  I have to believe more happened in that meeting than we are aware of.  

• Thanks 1

Literally sitting on a cruise ship in the middle of the Caribbean Sea right now. Heard we had a comeback win Sunday. Didn't really care. It was just delaying the inevitable and gave me no reason to interupt my vacation to come on here and post anything. 

BUT THIS! THIS! gives me reason to stop in and say **** yeah! Time for. A few more slushy beverages. Cheers friends!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Literally sitting on a cruise ship in the middle of the Caribbean Sea right now. Heard we had a comeback win Sunday. Didn't really care. It was just delaying the inevitable and gave me no reason to interupt my vacation to come on here and post anything. 

BUT THIS! THIS! gives me reason to stop in and say **** yeah! Time for. A few more slushy beverages. Cheers friends!

I just came back from the DR....I feel ya man!  LOL

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

There really is no going back from this. It’s actually going to happen. Wow. What a time to be alive!!!

No going back from what?  They are exploring all options, that could mean a lot of different things.  He could just be testing the waters and fielding offers to see just how much he could make on a sell (franchise is worth $4.7 billion in 2022).  He could sell enough shares to give a new owner/group control while him and his wife keep shares as minority owners.  

I don't think he would sell shares for more minority shareholders, because he bought out the other minority shareholders.  But, they were boycotting him and wanted out.  Maybe he is testing the waters on bringing in new minority shareholders.  

This is the closest we have ever come for this becoming a reality, but until it happens, I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1

7 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

No going back from what?  They are exploring all options, that could mean a lot of different things.  He could just be testing the waters and fielding offers to see just how much he could make on a sell (franchise is worth $4.7 billion in 2022).  He could sell enough shares to give a new owner/group control while him and his wife keep shares as minority owners.  

I don't think he would sell shares for more minority shareholders, because he bought out the other minority shareholders.  But, they were boycotting him and wanted out.  Maybe he is testing the waters on bringing in new minority shareholders.  

This is the closest we have ever come for this becoming a reality, but until it happens, I'm not holding my breath.

Don’t taze me, bro.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I agree it's a possibility but I don't see anything but a full sale happening. 

I think it'd be like if he changed the logo to a potato and kept redskins, technically the problem would be solved but all the people who were the driving force behind the change would never have been satisfied and everybody knew that, it had to be a complete change, name and logos.

I think this is similar, Dan isn't selling because he's tired of being the owner and wants another mansion, he's being pressured out and I believe anything short of his complete separation from the team won't be acceptable to the ones creating the pressure. 

It looks like we are one giant step closer to finally being rid of the Snyder’s.  Since the mid 2000’s, when I came to the realization that Dan Snyder was a horrible man,  I have been lamenting the fact that in all likelihood, given the fact that we are roughly the same age, I would never see the day when someone else would own the team that I grew up rooting for.

hopefully soon, I will once again be buying and wearing team merchandise, and going to games.

HTTR!!

• Like 6

I was 12 years old when he fired Norv, and truly began his reign of terror. To finally be at a moment where he could no longer be owner of the team? I have no words. I really was prepared to die of old age, with him still owner, being propped up by cables and nanomachines like Mr House.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, UK Skins said:

My son wants the team to be called the Amazon Rain Forests if Bezos buys us 🙂

Hell anything is better than Redwolves!

For the life of me, I will never understand the hate this name gets.  It's a red wolf, a real animal that was once native to the entire east coast, is ferocious and intimidating, and is everything you should want in a name.  I think a lot of people get caught up in the "red" wolf description, like it's some sort of minor league name, or made up word like blue raspberry or pink lemonade ...but it's actually a real animal. Why wouldn't you want to name your team after an intimidating beast?

Edited by fullnelson9999
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2