Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

17 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

dan paid 1 billion and the franchise is likely to sell for around 6 billion

i wish he had to donate all funds received to local charities...i also hate watching rich slimeballs just get richer but its more than worth it to be done with this pos

His biggest coup isn’t the initial purchase, it’s the 1 billion he paid to buyout Fred Smith, Schar and the other minority owner. That was 40% of the team. At a 6 billion dollar sale he will clear close to 2.5 billion on that. He bought them out with loans he got when interest was at a historic low. So some relatively small debt payments to service the interest and he pockets 1.5 billion increase in 18 months. Just stupid luck same with his sale of Snyder communications. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

Don't kid yourself. Elon Musk could buy the team out of petty cash.

The NFL isn't a free market.

1) The NFL is a club where the majority gets to vote you in. 

2) Once you are a legitimate billionaire, the difference between 2 billion and 100 billion is negligible.  The owners of the NFL are not pressed.  It's a club that Elon nor Jeff can not force their way into.

3) Lastly Elon wants the perception of winning way to much.  He can stay were he is. I prefer a quiet owner that has an open wallet and less of a public persona.  

Edited by dc1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I bet everything is done before 2022 is over. Gives the new owner a chance to clear house of everything dan related before the end of GM/HC hiring season. I doubt the league Ron in a make or break year to makes some really short sighted plans just to be fired within the year.

Just now, AZDave said:

Lets look at our past owners:

Marshall-known racist

Ebw-known ego maniac

The Cookes- known drunk and womanizer

Snyder-known idiot

The way i see it. The bar is set really low 😳 

Can it get worse?

I could win the lottery and buy the team.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

also an NFL Network reporter said she learned they have the 24 votes to vote Dan out but the owners would prefer not to go through the process

I figured they must have the votes for Snyder to actually make this announcement. Gave him a chance to leave on his own which makes a lot of sense. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I figured they must have the votes for Snyder to actually make this announcement. Gave him a chance to leave on his own which makes a lot of sense. 

That's my guess. They sat down with him, explained that they have the votes, the report is damning to him and have a buyer lined up already so they can move forward.

• Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Need a clip

Don't have one.  I am watching NFL Network, its not something I pulled from twitter.  If you can put it on, NFL Network, wherever you are at, they've returned to the story already a couple of times, am sure they revisit it again soon.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

30 minutes ago, skins4ever28 said:

I don’t think I have ever seen this entire forum happy until today. This truly is a beautiful day to celebrate

It won't last.

This is ES, after all.

We're a big dysfunctional family who would **** about paying the taxes if we hit the Powerball.......

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Lol!! This is a screenshot from Killzone...not sure how I feel about this.

Just now, Skinsfan1311 said:

It won't last.

This is ES, after all.

We're a big dysfunctional family who would **** about paying the taxes if we hit the Powerball.......

My man.

I would be enthusiastic about paying my fair share!!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

The process:

1. Snyder sells team for record amount which is approved on or before the March league meeting.

2. The new owner meets with and fires Rivera and his entire staff.

3. The new owner hires a President of football operations and leaves him in complete control of the team.

4 . The new team president hires a General Manager and gives him full authority to hire a front office staff and new coach.

5. The new general manager begins interviewing head coach candidates and recieves a call from Sean Payton...

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

If this happens quickly is there any possibility of losing "Commanders" name?  I am being serious.  The name has NOT been received well.  It would have been just one year and my guess is the new owner could make the switch.  I know Redskins isn't coming back but I think a LOT of us would be thrilled and even return to the fanbase if we simply go back to Washington Football Team or FC Washington.  Probably the only chance I come back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kwitt said:

If this happens quickly is there any possibility of losing "Commanders" name?  I am being serious.  The name has NOT been received well.  It would have been just one year and my guess is the new owner could make the switch.  I know Redskins isn't coming back but I think a LOT of us would be thrilled and even return to the fanbase if we simply go back to Washington Football Team or FC Washington.  Probably the only chance I come back.

Those 2 names suck too....bleh

5 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

The process:

1. Snyder sells team for record amount which is approved on or before the March league meeting.

2. The new owner meets with and fires Rivera and his entire staff.

3. The new owner hires a President of football operations and leaves him in complete control of the team.

4 . The new team president hires a General Manager and gives him full authority to hire a front office staff and new coach.

5. The new general manager begins interviewing head coach candidates and recieves a call from Sean Payton...

They will want it before the GM hiring season.

1 minute ago, Redd said:

No RETREADS

No definitive statements. lol

A good GM would consider all options. There's a huge difference between recieving a call from someone interested in the job and choosing that person for the job.

Regardless, it would be foolish not to at least take the call.

My point is that with competent ownership this franchise can once again become an attractive option for serious well qualified candidates. It's been a long time since we could say that.

• Haha 1