Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

9 minutes ago, The Rook said:

There is a lot of time left in the game; plus Snyder has his timeouts.  

I'm seeing people assuming it's a done deal, getting a name change and replacing the coaches.

Don't jinx this, people.  Keep the positive focus just on getting rid of that sob - the rest will come.  It's like assuming the game is a win, so you start wishing for other teams to win/lose and then ... WHAM!  :bill:

I've already lived through one Clint Longley celebration destruction. ;)

:229:The Rook

Well said Rook!

You are a sober, sensible and prudent man not inclined in the least to histrionics.

I respect that.

OK, now back to our regularly scheduled programing.

BREAKING NEWS:

The hot rumour on the streets is that this big money family is preparing to make “Disheveled Dan” an offer he can’t refuse for the team….

image.thumb.jpeg.f05477e6a9f6279b9391ddfc097bad10.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Thumb down 1

6 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

OK, now back to our regularly scheduled programing.

BREAKING NEWS:

The hot rumour on the streets is that this big money family is preparing to make “Disheveled Dan” an offer he can’t refuse for the team….

image.thumb.jpeg.f05477e6a9f6279b9391ddfc097bad10.jpeg

If that happened, this would be me as a fan:

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

• Haha 7

Just heard the news and can't quite believe that he's going out without a fight.

I've heard Besos and Musk's names put forward as possible buyers, are there any other obvious candidates? Could we be bought by a company or consortium, or is it more likely to be a single owner/family?

I don't really care as long as the Snyders are out of the picture, just curious.

4 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Just heard the news and can't quite believe that he's going out without a fight.

I've heard Besos and Musk's names put forward as possible buyers, are there any other obvious candidates? Could we be bought by a company or consortium, or is it more likely to be a single owner/family?

I don't really care as long as the Snyders are out of the picture, just curious.

4 interested parties in the frame already, apparently. No idea if that is all consortium based etc, doesn’t seem to be as it appears Bezos is being deemed the outright favourite.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

4 interested parties in the frame already, apparently. No idea if that is all consortium based etc, doesn’t seem to be as it appears Bezos is being deemed the outright favourite.

Thanks, so Washington Amazons or Washington Prime it is then. Both kinda crappy, but still better than Commanders.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Ugh please not Musk. You think Dan was overly involved? Musk would be the most obnoxious and in-your-face owner of all-time.

No Snyder, no Musk, no politician, no "fan"

• Like 6
  • Thumb down 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Question: If you won the powerball would you try get a stake in the team? 

Not if Dan is still a part of the team... In reality I can't imagine anyone wanting to shell out a billion dollars to be a minority owner of this team with all the negative press out there regarding this little man owner.  

16 minutes ago, London Kev said:

The 2 founders of a financial firm in California tried to buyout the minority stake from Dan’s previous partners. Eghbali and Feliciano are likely to bid according to a couple of articles. But this isn’t a forced sale. Dan can choose who he sells to. I think it ends up being Bezos and he pays an extra billion to make it happen. Ballmer is also a possibility since he overpaid already for the Clippers. 

I definitely prefer an owner who has 100 billion or more like Bezos or Ballmer. Those guys would build a stadium as their legacy and not try to nickel and dime the fans. The multi party groups will try to recoup their money and make for a crappy PSL situation and game day experience in my opinion. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I definitely prefer an owner who has 100 billion or more like Bezos or Ballmer. Those guys would build a stadium as their legacy and not try to nickel and dime the fans. The multi party groups will try to recoup their money and make for a crappy PSL situation and game day experience in my opinion. 

My guess is even if Bezos is the winner of the bid he'll bring in partners by default.  In fact, the NFL will likely encourage all bidders to include some minority minority owners. Jay Z could be one. But I'm sure there's plenty of business-people who qualify to be included that have the funds to do so. The NFL has been searching for minorities in ownership, and I can't see why they wouldn't want that here ... and Bezos would surely be open to that sort of thing.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

13 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Thanks, so Washington Amazons or Washington Prime it is then. Both kinda crappy, but still better than Commanders.

Yep, new name, total rebrand hopefully.

Sean Payton in charge, throw a fully guaranteed deal at Lamar Jackson to force him out of BAL and a new stadium on the old RFK site. Seems like a plan to me.

One can dream.