Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

15 minutes ago, Conn said:

even if you understand someone’s point of view, it doesn’t actually make them a sympathetic character, or even make their point of view correct. 

Totally! I'm not suggesting that he deserves sympathy. I just find it odd that people can't seem to fathom why he would be so stubborn about selling to Bezos. 

It seems clear to me, even if I don't like it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, moboy36 said:

Totally! I'm not suggesting that he deserves sympathy. I just find it odd that people can't seem to fathom why he would be so stubborn about selling to Bezos. 

Because he's a ****ing narcissist.  

Dan can't handle not being the richest guy around and Bezos blows him out of the water in that regard.  Bezos, quite frankly, blows him out of the water in frankly every regard at every level.  He's way more successful at business and he's way wealthier.  He's also liked by some (I'm aware Bezos has his detractors) and sought after for interviews on insights on business and business processes.  I don't believe Bezos is the most philanthropic guy around but he has given...I don't see Dan doing much of anything in that regard.

No one's beating down Dan's door to give valuable insights on how he ****ed up the Redskins, Johnny Rockets and Six Flags.  No one's trying to make sure that Dan shows up at events or anything.  

But Dan doesn't have the wherewithal to understand that Dan himself is his biggest problem, not Jeff Bezos.  And that's part of what a narcissist does, they don't look inwards and they don't reflect on themselves because deep down, they don't like themselves and are constantly seeking gratification and adoration from outside sources.  Bezos has that (or at least, way more respect) and Dan doesn't.

So Dan thinks Bezos is out to get him with the WaPo, conveniently forgetting that the WaPo has been highly critical of Dan for many years, way before Bezos ever purchased it.  But Dan, being the narcissist, wants to think that he's not the problem and Bezos is.

From that lens, I don't find it hard to fathom why Dan would be so stubborn about selling to Bezos.  Perceptions are realities.  But Dan can only bend his reality so far...that's the other thing about a narcissist, at some point they come up against someone or something that just doesn't give a ****.  In Dan's case, that's the reality that Bezos is...well, a better person than Dan, a better businessman than Dan...and he's also coming up against the reality that no one wants him around.  He can't bend that reality any longer.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, moboy36 said:

Well, I mean, read the room.  Just this room.  This is *THE* place where people would want to manifest any possible way of alleviating this as fast as possible.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, FrFan said:

They got a huge kick out of pissing off everybody, that's their new fun.

I don't think Danya is selling because people don't like them...most billionaires couldn't give a rat's behind what other people think of them, which is partly how they became billionaires in the first place. 25% of CEOs in the US are psychopaths/sociopaths, which is 25 times higher than in the general population. Lack of empathy, ruthlessness, and Machiavellianism are just some of their personality characteristics.

However, I DO think Tanya being booed had something to do with it. The sexual harassment claims got the ball rolling, but were never going to be enough to force him to sell without physical evidence...unlike the financial crimes he committed that are now leaking out.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

It would be hysterical to me if Snyder sold it to the Harris group and then we come to find out that the Harris group had a handshake deal with Bezos...and the very next day after they close the deal they turn around and sell it to Bezos.  

I'm sure there's a bunch of stuff in place that would prevent that from happening but if all the reports about Dan not wanting to sell to Bezos are true and he somehow ends up with the team anyway... :ols: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Dudes jumping in from the outside to the inside is info you can bank on, and from Schefty no less. Guy is the gospel.

I still want Bezos the most, but anybody is better than Dan.

The idea of this franchise selling for relative peanuts seem to be falling to the wayside. We may be staring at a big numby.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Dudes jumping in from the outside to the inside is info you can bank on, and from Schefty no less. Guy is the gospel.

I still want Bezos the most, but anybody is better than Dan.

The idea of this franchise selling for relative peanuts seem to be falling to the wayside. We may be staring at a big numby.

It’s going to be 6.5+ I would say. 

If the new owners go about business in the right way it’ll be a bargain at that price.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Bezos’ vast wealth is appealing and would help with the stadium, signing players, coaches, etc but he’s a celebrity with songs written about him and would bring a ton of positive and negative attention to the team.

I’m warming up to the idea of two boring rich guys who just operate without the drama. Also, both of them have ties to the area and have good reputations.

This is a huge upgrade over Snyder and maybe we need more boring around here.

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

I don’t know yet about Harris-Rales. First, what kind of partnership is it? Is it 50-50 or some other percentage.  If it’s some other percentage, who’s the lead investor? Who will be making the decisions on the key things like Gm, coach and stadium?  If it’s 50-50; will they get along.  Other teams with 50-50 owners haven’t always gotten along or made the right decisions.

So, will have to wait and see.  I still hope for Bezos but only Dan Snyder would let his ego get in the way of selling the team; to one of the richest men in the world.  If Bezos has to wait for Seattle; I hope his purchase price blows away what Dan gets  for the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I had the same sentiment above--I'll take the proven commodity over the **** You Money.

I just want somebody who can make all my crazy Washington Commanders dreams come true.  If it’s Bezos, fine, but if it’s somebody else who can give us the same…just as good.  

I’m team Bezos only because of his deep pockets.  

Edited by Commander PK
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I don’t know yet about Harris-Rales. First, what kind of partnership is it? Is it 50-50 or some other percentage.  If it’s some other percentage, who’s the lead investor? Who will be making the decisions on the key things like Gm, coach and stadium?  If it’s 50-50; will they get along.  Other teams with 50-50 owners haven’t always gotten along or made the right decisions.

So, will have to wait and see.  I still hope for Bezos but only Dan Snyder would let his ego get in the way of selling the team; to one of the richest men in the world.  If Bezos has to wait for Seattle; I hope his purchase price blows away what Dan gets  for the team.

What teams in this league have had 50-50 owners in modern history? Can you name one? There’s always a majority owner. Even setting aside the fact that there’s no evidence there would even be a 50-50 split—you created an entire issue and history of problems related to said issue out of thin air lol. Sounds like a completely made up concern because you prefer Bezos. There’s actually a term for that—obviously enough, it’s called “concern trolling”.

Hell, Snyder “only” owned 60% until last year and you would never even know the other guys existed for the most part. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1