Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, HigSkin said:

And, according to people who attended the meetings, the league and owners have received “little feedback” from Dan Snyder about “the specifics of the bidding process

I got this covered 

"The bank that shouldn't have given me another loan, has now been instructed to not go for the highest bidder if it's someone I don't want to sell to. Just typical business stuff. Don't worry about it. You wouldn't understand. 

I've got it covered. Also, can you guys loan me about a billion? I'm totally good for it. "

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I read it.  Basically he likes the limelight and attention, somewhat like Jerry on that count.  He says he doesn't interfere with the sports operation, knows what he doesn't know.

Rockets under him were good but fell apart after a couple of bad trades and now they are tanking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I read it.  Basically he likes the limelight and attention, somewhat like Jerry on that count.  He says he doesn't interfere with the sports operation, knows what he doesn't know.

Rockets under him were good but fell apart after a couple of bad trades and now they are tanking.

Still hoping for Harris. 

• Thumb up 1

20 years from now once everyone zooms out from the current state of affairs, Dan Snyder will go down not only as one of the worst owners in sports, but also one that didn’t have any true pattern with regards to how the team was constructed on the football side of the house. There is stark contrast between two different Snyder eras in my mind.

We have half a sample size if not more of Dan Snyder’s tenure spending money on whoever the hell we wanted whenever the hell we wanted. Draft picks flying off the shelves galore. We were quite frankly reckless, as everyone here knows. Then we went pretty much MIA from free agency over the past 10 years outside of the big contract here or there and have built our team almost exclusively through the draft, with the past 5-6 forming the core of the current team. The most talented young team since Snyder inherited the team I may add. Which lends credence to the fact that drafting and developing is important, and I think is the single most important quality Ron has brought to the table. FO and coaching staff are on same page and Ron serves as an excellent liaison between the two (wild to think that there’s actually some benefit to a coaching centric model). 

What gives? What changed? I’m genuinely curious to know what caused such a drastic shift in philosophy with several coaches spanning over those two time periods (for example we were aggressive with both Gibbs and Zorn as coaches and we’ve been conservative with Jay and now Ron). It’s something I began thinking of with regards to Lamar and remembering how we used to just chuck the most money at someone and they would come play here which feels like a lifetime ago. And yes I know we aren’t going after Lamar and all about our current financial and ownership situation. It’s just what brought the question to mind and curious what y’all think.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

20 years from now once everyone zooms out from the current state of affairs, Dan Snyder will go down not only as one of the worst owners in sports, but also one that didn’t have any true pattern with regards to how the team was constructed on the football side of the house. There is stark contrast between two different Snyder eras in my mind.

20 years from we'll  be saying the ESPN 30 for 30 about Dan Snyder was the best and saddest one they ever made

• Like 2

20 hours ago, The Sisko said:

😖😖😖😖

What kind of **** hole owner finally sorts out our new ****ty name but then doesn't unveil the mascot until week 16? And then makes him a major and not a commander dresses him in last years obsolete uniform and the mascot itself is a thinly veiled attempt to copy 10 of our fans from 40 years ago. Our mascot should have been an orge sized warrior with a huge ass sword if we wanted to play the military angle with the commanders name.

It truly boggles the mind how this organization can literally screw up every single thing off the field. And of course not being willing to quickly sell the team to the deepest pockets out of spite is the proverbial green spray paint on the knee eating raljon dirt.  I hope our next mascot to be a proper red hot Amazonian. In fact there should be 4 of them dammit. Amazonians.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

As for the tale of two cities discussion of Dan brought up here.  The spendthrift one and the cheap one.  Actually the spendthrift one was peak Dan and who would have thought at the time?  He was a douche and incompetent but hey at least he can lure some players by overspending for them and he's always up to some sort of personnel splash for better or worst but mostly worse, some star power like Portis, Santana, etc.

A.  Early Dan:  Reckless spending Dan who attacked success but was bad at it.  I recall Cerrato used to say they weren't afraid to to attack success more or less.  that era came off reckless but I'll give them, not boring.  In an odd way that was Dan's peak era.  They can still sell out their stands legitimately, sell jerseys, get prime time games, etc.  They were a car crash but not a boring one.  They even had a better record that then next eras, lol, they even won a playoff game.

B.  Later Dan:  The next era the Bruce era.  Where they still traded a ton of draft capital, and would blow every trade like the first era but did it less.  And Dan went from he'd spend whatever it takes to get any toy to going cheap, not always but most of the time.  Overpaying now for multiple crap FAs then blowing it a few more expensive FAs.    It was boring Dan and the sleaze and arrogance was ramped up even more.  And the operation atrophied during this phase.  Everything aged and little was done to fix it which has culiminated to the volcano erupting now where its a joke.  But the joke was set up in this era.  

This is the era that made the organization irrelevant and chased the fan base out.   As much as some hate Kirk, it brought the last era of relevance.  I've gone to games for over 20 years and it was really 2018 where the slide of interest became really noticeable.   We used to say on that FO thread that Bruce was basically nailing the coffin in the franchise and while that has come out ot be true, I didn't even think it would be this level bad -- where Cerrato would destroy Bruce in fan polls as to who was worse. 

Not that fans were coming for Kirk but they had the one era of 2 winning seasons in a row, just barely, and the offense can move the ball.  D. Jax, Jordan Reed, Crowder, Garcon.  And I recall Bruce's big grin on his face explaining the loss of Garcon and D. Jax, by talking up the deal he got for Brain Quick. :ols:   That to me was peak Bruce, and in retrospect that interview with Finlay should make the 30-30 one day about Dan and the demise of the organization.  It was so fitting in retrospect.

But the head clown has always been Dan and I think the biggest aspect that tied the two eras together is Dan has come off beyond hopeless and the sleaze and dysfunction has only ramped up over time, where fans just threw in the towel.  

The saddest thing about it is how Dad has made the organization irrelevant.  This is one of the last teams the NFL wants to put on prime time because who cares?  GMF did a segment one time about fans complaining that they talk too much about certain teams and to respond they go hey we can talk about Washington or the Titans but who would listen?  A similar comment I heard once on First Take.  We got columns like this the other day from ESPN.

Dan has made this team obscure and in a bad way.   Granted no team in the NFL is obscure but this is a dark horse team now where there aren't that many of us left.  I've said when I travel I used to see much more rerpresenation from this team. In Disney in particular, people love wearing jerseys.   I am usually the only dude at the park wearing Washington gear.  It used to not be like that. 

We aren't the mainstream music band, we are sort of the alternate music band but not the hipster type where if we say this is the group we like we actually have to explain why.   That to me is Dan's legacy.   And I also find it amusing when some shoot down stuff like Hard Knocks for this team.  Maybe I get it from those who live in the DMV.  But living outside the DMV, I'd love a little attention and relevance.  Been a long time for that. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/35803270/lamar-jackson-trade-fits-ranking-nfl-teams-ravens-quarterback-franchise-tag

11. Washington Commanders

Why they should consider it: The Commanders have been anonymous and irrelevant in NFL circles for virtually the entire Daniel Snyder era, but things have been particularly painful since losing Kirk Cousins in free agency after the 2017 season. The organization has tried to replace Cousins with Alex Smith, Dwayne Haskins, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Carson Wentz, but none has done the trick. Its projected starter heading into 2023 is fifth-round pick Sam Howell, who made his first and only NFL appearance in Week 18.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Harris is my #1 bc he’s done it before, will spend the money on the best, not interfere, and I won’t have to hear about it (in a sports sense) every time someone gets maimed in some certain company’s warehouse. 

I understand that Bezos probably brings the best chance at a stadium in DC, but selfishly—I’m not even remotely a local fan. I just want to be good, professional, relevant, and non-controversial. I don’t want another two decades of reasons to be self-conscious about my fandom, I just wanna enjoy sports like a normal ****ing fan. Don’t want to talk or think about the owner AT ALL besides the necessary stuff. That’s impossible with Bezos, he is himself a national story every day. 

Give me Harris as the majority owner in an ownership group and I’ll be thrilled. 

With Schefter reporting this, I’m starting to feel good about it 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2