Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

My theory is: Dan was playing checkers, the rest of the league was playing chess. 

Think about when they lent Dan the money beyond their debt limit rules to buy the minority partners, they knew the Wilkinson investigation likely wouldn't reveal a smoking gun do nail Dan. They knew he was overleveraged and at some point the cost of all that and a new stadium would not work in Dan's favor. They know he's litigious, they found a way to keep it out of court...give him money he can't afford. Dan realized he doesn't have money to fight to keep the team. The owners won, and thank goodness. Sure there's many factors, but the league outsmarted Dan, and for that; Thank you other owners! 

Also, Elon Musk is not going to be an owner. He says too much crap publicly and they don't want the sideshow. He won't get 24 votes. 

Edited by Busch1724
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

I wonder if Dan will insist on retaining at least a minority stake in the team.

Me thinks Disheveled Dan is in no position to insist on anything.

He's fortunate that the NFL appears to be delaying the MJW report long enough for him to market and sell the team before he's forced to do so-- which would crater his leverage and likely result in low ball take it or leave it offers.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

I’m guessing that we won’t be seeing celebration or acknowledgement from the more recognizable fans like Earnhardt Jr. or Mcconaughey until it’s all over, since they’re rich and famous enough to have been personal guests of Snyder’s in the past. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Conn said:

I’m guessing that we won’t be seeing celebration or acknowledgement from the more recognizable fans like Earnhardt Jr. or Mcconaughey until it’s all over, since they’re rich and famous enough to have been personal guests of Snyder’s in the past. 

They gain nothing dancing on his grave(figuratively speaking) publicly.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

They gain nothing dancing on his grave(figuratively speaking) publicly.

Right. All it does actually is draw attention to the fact that Snyder’s behavior and failures didn’t prevent them from accepting his VIP treatment in the not so recent past.

13 hours ago, KDawg said:

What I love about ES is the rampant escalation:

-Dan is selling!

-Dan is selling, new owner will be Jeff Bezos!

-Dan is selling, new owner will be Jeff Bezos, and he’s going to get us a real head coach!

-Dan is selling, new owner is Bezos, getting a new head coach, and will rebrand the rebrand!

-All of the above plus sponsor fans on space flights!

-All of the above, including the space flights + found miracle drug that allows Peyton Manning to come back, play for this franchise 100% healthy and lead us to 14 Super Bowls, one of which will be played in space!

We can be homers again and feel

good about it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

From a fan's perspective I've never been happier.  I was too young to have truly enjoyed that Bills/Skins Super Bowl.  This in my humble opinion, IF he sells and we never get to the Super Bowl before I die is fine.  He really took my fandom to the very limits.  I didn't care about losing, both teams are paid to play.  He tarnished this brand, this fandom, this team's organizational legacy.  I'm sure he wont care after he's swimming in his multi billion dollar buy out like he's Scrooge McDuck but if he truly was ever a fan like us, I hope he sits back and realizes the team that he once loved was ruined and sent to shambles under his watch.  I hope he knows his name to this teams legacy will be uttered with such distain he'll have to leave the area knowing an entire town and fans nation/globally wide hate him for what he's done.  I hope he knows he may have money but his family name...his legacy...like his ownership tenure is complete and utter trash.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Stadium-Armory said:

I recall how happy we were when Vinny left and then things got worse. This can't end worse, right?  PTSD.

Scary thought but incompetency breeds incompetency so Vinny direct result of Snyder.  It cannot get worse as we have experienced the worst owner in professional sports. 

There is only one direction and there is no spoon.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I know most of the old guard of Skins fans can’t stand the Commanders uniforms, logo, merch, etc.

But, my son who is 15, really liked the McLaurin burgundy jersey and got it for back to school.  He’s also asked for the Sean Taylor black jersey for Xmas.

For whatever reasons, the kids appear to actually like the new stuff.  That said, he does hate the white jersey as I believe we all do.

The kids do seem to like this new look, which is probably more important to the bean counters than what middle-aged disgruntled Redskins fans feel about Commanders (definitely including myself in this group).  I mean I get most people here hate the name and the look, but the fact is the gear appears to be selling pretty well. 

If it truly is that bad to the population at large, who is buying all the stuff?

5 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

I recall how happy we were when Vinny left and then things got worse. This can't end worse, right?  PTSD.

The situation is untenable now with Snyder.  A new owner would take years to build up the animosity that Snyder has over the last 23 years, even if some mistakes are made early on. 

• Like 1

The Next Washington Commanders Owner May Not Be The Highest Bidder

• Jeff Bezos has the cash, although owner Dan Snyder has battled Bezos-owned Washington Post for years.
  • A partnership with Jay-Z could boost the efforts of the Amazon founder.

Dan Snyder’s final major decision as owner of the Washington Commanders could be choosing his replacement — and he doesn’t have to take the highest bidder. 

That could complicate a potential purchase by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, the leading contender mentioned to Front Office Sports by bankers and team executives interviewed since Snyder announced Wednesday that he was exploring a sale. 

Beyond Bezos, FOS has confirmed billionaire co-founders of Clearlake Capital Behdad Eghbali and José Feliciano are also interested.

Bezos, with a net worth north of $100 billion, could easily outbid all the other names that have been floated. But he also owns The Washington Post, which was the focus of much of Snyder and co.’s ire before it was turned toward ESPN after its exposé last month

But would Snyder actually take less money to spite Bezos?

“Maybe if the bids weren’t that far apart, but that doesn’t seem like something he’d do,” one banker told FOS.

With the team expected to sell for more than $6 billion, would Snyder sell for, say, $5 billion in this hypothetical?

“If Bezos bid a billion more than anyone, that’s some f–k you money,” another banker said. “I can’t think of anybody who’d turn down an extra billion dollars.”

One tech mogul has already been denied a team despite having the highest bid: Oracle co-founder Larry Ellison. Joe Lacob and Peter Guber landed the Golden State Warriors for $450 million in 2010 even though Ellison would’ve paid more.

Ellison’s estimated worth is currently around $100 billion, but he appears more interested in sailing now. 

This is why one of the bankers said the NFL “is running out of billionaires” who have the means and desire to own a team. The league mandates that 30% of the purchase price be in cash. With the team potentially changing hands for $7 billion, that’d be $2.1 billion. 

Bezos, however, could have some help negotiating with Snyder.

TMZ reported a Bezos-Jay-Z partnership is “on the table,” a duo that would be hard to topple. 

Jay-Z is worth an estimated $1.5 billion, making him the wealthiest hip-hop artist. Jay-Z‘s Roc Nation also has a multi-year partnership with the NFL. 

It’s not clear if that’s how Snyder and Jay-Z became friendly, but sources told FOS they keep in touch. 

Bezos and Jay-Z likely would have zero issues making it through the NFL Finance Committee en route to approval by at least 24 owners. 

Before we get that far ahead of ourselves, Snyder hasn’t even confirmed he’s putting all — or even any — of the Commanders up for sale. League executives and bankers, however, expect Snyder to move forward with selling it all. 

The process will be handled by Bank of America, and details of negotiations won’t be made readily available — including how much Snyder would want for the team. 

There have even been whispers among bankers about the approach by Phoenix Suns and Mercury owner Robert Sarver.

Sarver announced he’d sell the franchises amid the backlash from an NBA investigation into allegations he regularly used racially and sexually inappropriate language.

“You tell everybody you’re selling and you act like you’re going through the sales process,” the banker said. “Then, after all that, you come out and say, ‘I was expecting to get more and now I am keeping the team.’”

One banker said Snyder could attempt to do the same thing. 

That could seem like a wild theory, but it’s no more out there than some lists of potential owners. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Next Washington Commanders Owner May Not Be The Highest Bidder

• Jeff Bezos has the cash, although owner Dan Snyder has battled Bezos-owned Washington Post for years.
  • A partnership with Jay-Z could boost the efforts of the Amazon founder.

Dan Snyder’s final major decision as owner of the Washington Commanders could be choosing his replacement — and he doesn’t have to take the highest bidder. 

That could complicate a potential purchase by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, the leading contender mentioned to Front Office Sports by bankers and team executives interviewed since Snyder announced Wednesday that he was exploring a sale. 

Beyond Bezos, FOS has confirmed billionaire co-founders of Clearlake Capital Behdad Eghbali and José Feliciano are also interested.

Bezos, with a net worth north of $100 billion, could easily outbid all the other names that have been floated. But he also owns The Washington Post, which was the focus of much of Snyder and co.’s ire before it was turned toward ESPN after its exposé last month

But would Snyder actually take less money to spite Bezos?

“Maybe if the bids weren’t that far apart, but that doesn’t seem like something he’d do,” one banker told FOS.

With the team expected to sell for more than $6 billion, would Snyder sell for, say, $5 billion in this hypothetical?

“If Bezos bid a billion more than anyone, that’s some f–k you money,” another banker said. “I can’t think of anybody who’d turn down an extra billion dollars.”

One tech mogul has already been denied a team despite having the highest bid: Oracle co-founder Larry Ellison. Joe Lacob and Peter Guber landed the Golden State Warriors for $450 million in 2010 even though Ellison would’ve paid more.

Ellison’s estimated worth is currently around $100 billion, but he appears more interested in sailing now. 

This is why one of the bankers said the NFL “is running out of billionaires” who have the means and desire to own a team. The league mandates that 30% of the purchase price be in cash. With the team potentially changing hands for $7 billion, that’d be $2.1 billion. 

Bezos, however, could have some help negotiating with Snyder.

TMZ reported a Bezos-Jay-Z partnership is “on the table,” a duo that would be hard to topple. 

Jay-Z is worth an estimated $1.5 billion, making him the wealthiest hip-hop artist. Jay-Z‘s Roc Nation also has a multi-year partnership with the NFL. 

It’s not clear if that’s how Snyder and Jay-Z became friendly, but sources told FOS they keep in touch. 

Bezos and Jay-Z likely would have zero issues making it through the NFL Finance Committee en route to approval by at least 24 owners. 

Before we get that far ahead of ourselves, Snyder hasn’t even confirmed he’s putting all — or even any — of the Commanders up for sale. League executives and bankers, however, expect Snyder to move forward with selling it all. 

The process will be handled by Bank of America, and details of negotiations won’t be made readily available — including how much Snyder would want for the team. 

There have even been whispers among bankers about the approach by Phoenix Suns and Mercury owner Robert Sarver.

Sarver announced he’d sell the franchises amid the backlash from an NBA investigation into allegations he regularly used racially and sexually inappropriate language.

“You tell everybody you’re selling and you act like you’re going through the sales process,” the banker said. “Then, after all that, you come out and say, ‘I was expecting to get more and now I am keeping the team.’”

One banker said Snyder could attempt to do the same thing. 

That could seem like a wild theory, but it’s no more out there than some lists of potential owners. 

The league would vote on whether or not to bring on board the person Snyder decides to sell to. They're not going to rubberstamp just anyone Snyder picks, so in effect, they get to choose who the buyer is.

Edited by BurgundyBooger
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can easily see Dan taking a lesser offer if it means not selling to Bezos.

The other owners would be PISSED and he'd do it to spite them, too.

Not if he doesn't want the results of that investigation released to the public :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can easily see Dan taking a lesser offer if it means not selling to Bezos.

The other owners would be PISSED and he'd do it to spite them, too.

I can see it now… Just like everything else, Dan may well botch the selling of the team. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1