Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

9 hours ago, RWJ said:

Nowhere does a legit source say or show, that I can find that, EB is a Colt HC finalist. 

You hope.  We shall see when the deal goes down.  Some say fast; some say it takes time well after March NFL Winter Meetings.  

All you need the new owner approved by Thanksgiving for that owner to make whatever changes for 24 in January 24. 

EB would be stupid to come here. If he wants show what he can outside Andy, he goes elsewhere.

EB has been passed over so many times… there must be something missing or a problem that is preventing him from moving up.

there have been enough Reid’s guys that gets the call and enough minority HC thats are getting a shot…. What is the real issue with EB?  Are the rumors true?  If so, we shouldnt want him as OC either

6 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

EB has been passed over so many times… there must be something missing or a problem that is preventing him from moving up.

there have been enough Reid’s guys that gets the call and enough minority HC thats are getting a shot…. What is the real issue with EB?  Are the rumors true?  If so, we shouldnt want him as OC either

If he gets the offer, accepts and fails... at least it'll only last a season... :rofl89:

I could see it being Eric B with Zampese staying on as QB coach.

Hope it works, but I suspect in the end, next year will be a wash. New Owner and someone like Kellen Moore -- who apparently almost got the Carolina job and I'm sure will crush it with Herbert -- will be the next HC.

6 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Unfortunately, the Colts will probably bypass him.  We are patiently waiting to interview him.  I think EB to DC happens but if not then I think Anthony Lynn is next in line. Personally, if EB is not chosen, I'd like to see Thomas Brown get the OC position over Lynn. We shall see.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Unfortunately, the Colts will probably bypass him.  We are patiently waiting to interview him.  I think EB to DC happens but if not then I think Anthony Lynn is next in line. Personally, if EB is not chosen, I'd like to see Thomas Brown get the OC position over Lynn. We shall see.  

I have doubts that EB will work out but who knows maybe I will be proven wrong.  Whatever EB's doing isnt getting him closer to a HC job so he will probably need to show that he can succeed outside Reid umbrella.  

Ultimately, I really dont care as long as Snyder sells the team lol.

I'm a huge Podcast guy, YouTube I should say.  The Pat McAfee show last week had Chuck Pagano former Colts HC and Ravens DC and they had a list of questions (several pages) of what to expect when interviewing for a HC gig, some of the questions were not really right or wrong type questions but just a gage for the type of person you are, and then I like TakeCommand Podcast Craig Hoffman & Logan Paulsen and on a segment last week they were discussing EB, Paulsen said when he was at UCLA that EB was there as the RB coach and his style wasn't for everyone, I kinda got the tone and feeling he was a butthole (just assumption though) so for all these outsiders who love to just say EB doesn't have a HC job by now because he's black really don't know the depth of what he presents as a whole in these interviews, let's be honest a butthole is a butthole everywhere he can't change that, maybe he is a hard guy to stomach.  Saying all this I'd still like to see him as the OC if he's offered the gig, but my concerns are what will he be like away from Andy Reid when he'd be the main play caller. 

Keim in todays podcast said they have interest and already reached out about Brian Johnson from the Eagles but he’s not sure that the interest is mutual so it’s TBD

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm still hopeful we're waiting for someone from the Eagles offensive staff, because Howell in that offense could be great. He's like a little Hurts, but compact enough to stay healthy.

Might be possible 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim in todays podcast said they have interest and already reached out about Brian Johnson from the Eagles but he’s not sure that the interest is mutual so it’s TBD

Might be possible 

The sale of this team definitely is affecting the hiring of an OC. It's very apparent.  

20 hours ago, sjinhan said:

Let me first say, I'd take EB here in a heartbeat...

That said, I always figured it had to do with his reported history of violent behavior in the 90s, his DUI in the early 00s, and being linked to the Colorado football program's getting in hot water for use of booze + sex to entice recruits. That, and he's not an OC who is also a playcaller.

Granted, most of the behavioral stuff happened what might as well be a million years ago...it's still quite a bit of personal baggage that most NFL coaching candidates aren't carrying around. 

Did Charles London, one of the candidates interviewed by Washington's FO for the Commanders' vacant OC spot, just decide to sign with Tennessee Titans as their 'passing game coordinator' instead?

If true, might this a reflection of the rest of the league's less-than-favorable perception of the Washington franchise as a place to go for improving your career chances?

Or maybe it was a result of the interview where Washington let London know he wasn't likely to be selected?  Or perhaps London just decided that leaping from QB coach to OC needed to be taken in more gradual steps?

16 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Did Charles London, one of the candidates interviewed by Washington's FO for the Commanders' vacant OC spot, just decide to sign with Tennessee Titans as their 'passing game coordinator' instead?

If true, might this a reflection of the rest of the league's less-than-favorable perception of the Washington franchise as a place to go for improving your career chances?

Or maybe it was a result of the interview where Washington let London know he wasn't likely to be selected?  Or perhaps London just decided that leaping from QB coach to OC needed to be taken in more gradual steps?

As pointed out by others, I think the sale (Ron unable to give guarantees and Lord knows what salary parameters he's dealing with) and the unknown future of the staff in general is a huge red flag to most candidates.

On 2/3/2023 at 6:10 PM, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Yes but one thing that's been clear about McDaniel, he's had multiple blowups with multiple QB's, including the GOAT. Some guys just struggle getting players on the same page as them.

McDaniel's offense only worked with someone who happened to be one of the best to ever throw it. The other guys, he couldn't get his offense to function. He's driven away multiple QB's and never developed anyone.

Thank God McDaniel isn't in the running here, because I'd have zero faith of him developing Howell.

Is Bienemy like McDaniel?

How is someone who has never called plays before a proven talent?

Great question: It has been the sticking point with the Chiefs, Andy and Bienemy.

A.Reid has played down the distinction around play calling by saying that he wants to make sure that the best plays are available for selection at all times; he added that Bienemy is a part of that.

And we know that all head coach's have play calling override abilities at all times. 

In short, if you are Andy Reid, and have been one of the best play callers in the game for 20 plus years.. why would you hand that duty (all of it) to someone else?

That said, 

The following were all offensive coordinators, or quality control staff under Andy Reid. Each received a Head Coaching opportunity:

1. Doug Peterson (Quality Control/QB Coach)
  2. Brad Childress (OC/QB Coach)
  3. Matt Nagy (Quality Control) 
  4. Pat Schumer (QB Coach with 2 years of OC)

I think we can give Bienemy a shot at calling plays. He's been working in that capacity with  Andy Reid for 5 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyvern said:

Listening to Keim, Standig, etc, I think London was a big time long shot.  I am guessing he saw the writing on the wall

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm still hopeful we're waiting for someone from the Eagles offensive staff, because Howell in that offense could be great. He's like a little Hurts, but compact enough to stay healthy.

The other part of this from Keim is he heard that Brian Johnson wants to find out if the current Eagles offensive coordinator gets the Indy HC job and if so he might be elevated to being the new Eagles O coordinator.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Little Hurts? He's almost the exact same size as Hurts. Hurts measured in at 73 inches 220lbs, Howell measured in at 72.6 inches and 218lbs. 

• Like 1