Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

3 hours ago, NickyJ said:

If they have someone else in mind besides Bieiemy, I think it's someone higher up the food chain than Brian Johnson. My guess is that the Chiefs know that Bieniemy is a rockstar, so they're waiting for him to finish his round of interviews and be overlooked as usual. When that happens, they can promote him to HC and continue to pay him cheaply since he's not getting anything better from other teams.

I think Rivera is waiting to interview Andy Reid. Any's gonna need a place to bounce back with after the Chiefs move him out of the way for Bieniemy.

This is certainly...a take. Not sure what else to call it.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

All the news about new ownership groups trying to pre-instal Sean has gotta make hiring an OC even harder.

That is like the last thing someone interviewing for a job wants to hear.

I’m not sure it’s anything they aren’t already aware of. It’s a hot, hot, hot seat year for Ron. Nothing new about that

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

All the news about new ownership groups trying to pre-instal Sean has gotta make hiring an OC even harder.

That is like the last thing someone interviewing for a job wants to hear.

Selecting a retired coach instead of an up-and-coming GM would be the ghost of Snyder coming back to haunt us.

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

I’m not sure it’s anything they aren’t already aware of. It’s a hot, hot, hot seat year for Ron. Nothing new about that

Hot seat is one thing.

Threat of being whole-sale replaced before your first off season is another.

If owners are game to replace the HC, all other staff positions are fair game, especially those on the offensive side who don't have success to fall back on. A new OC now has to weight the risk that potential new owners could have been conspiring to put him out of a job b4 any football is played. That would leave you out in the cold, likely after all other appealing positions are filled

Or he might have to run the O and system of someone who is installed in front of him, which likely is not what was signed up for.

Edited by FootballZombie

Yeah Brian Johnson isn’t gonna follow one of those two Eagles coordinators to a new destination, he’ll just move up and coordinate Hurts right where he is. No reason he can’t also be a HC candidate in a year or two, is what he’ll be thinking. Makes sense.

Bienemy and Murray would be such a volatile combination on the surface, could be entertaining from the outside. Maybe that’s a misconception and that’s exactly the sort of tough love that Murray needs, but seems like a disaster in the making if he goes there.  

• Like 1

One has to wonder why if EB is so great it's down to us and the Ravens, with EB's agent pushing a lot of HC nonsense (he's in the mix for the Colts job even though he never got a second interview). 

But hell, lame duck year, maybe we get lucky. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I love that play Bienemy draws up where Mahomes runs around and finds Kelce after the play has broken down or that other play he has where Mahomes runs around and does a 360 and a no look pass to a receiver where only he can catch it or that other play he draws up where Mahomes throws it 50 yards in the air to a really fast receiver who got behind his defender or that other play where Mahomes does a sidearm pass to get a first down. 

Think he can do that stuff here?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Hooper said:

Eric B's agent is working overtime, making it sound like he is in more demand than he is. He knows he has a sucker in Ron.

My fear with Bienemy is the same as almost everyone else's, that Reid is the brains of that operation and Bienemy has been living in his shadow but what possible reason could Bienemy and his agent have to oversell him for a lateral move?

If they think think he's not worthy why not just stay put and keep cashing checks on Reids coattails?

Bienemy to make a lateral move like that is taking a huge risk and is going to be extremely motivated to show the world he has talent too.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, redskinss said:

My fear with Bienemy is the same as almost everyone else's, that Reid is the brains of that operation and Bienemy has been living in his shadow but what possible reason could Bienemy and his agent have to oversell him for a lateral move?

If they think think he's not worthy why not just stay put and keep cashing checks on Reids coattails?

Bienemy to make a lateral move like that is taking a huge risk and is going to be extremely motivated to show the world he has talent too.

Bienemy is a blocker to Reid retaining young up and coming assistants while he sits in the seat. You have to think one reason Kafka left is because he was going to max out as QB coach while Bienemy was still there. Remember he was not promised playcalling duties when he signed with the Giatns

• Thanks 1