Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

The real problem is that Rivera is loyal to a fault.  That's not just a cliche, it's an actual fault of his.  Turner should have been gone after last year.  Ron probably has a turd from the 90s he refuses to flush out of fidelity.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Hopefully, once Bienemy is officially signed (after KC is either eliminated or wins the Superbowl) he will get full control of the offense, just like Del Rio has for the defense.

That way Ron can focus on what he does best, player relations, giving out game balls, telling players they made the pro bowl and wasting timeouts.

Oh lawd! 

I can only hope.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I don’t know. Howell doesn’t deserve that kind of pressure so early here.

Why not, best man wins, no need to appoint a starter before camp. Most think you need to bring in a Vet, he sounds like a good fit may even fit money wise. Have 3 fight it out. winner takes all. It is sure better than bring in another Wentz type.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Conn said:

I could easily see Reid letting him go, they have a good relationship but the entire Chiefs fanbase has been wanting this guy to be hired away forever so they can freshen things up, he’s not that highly thought of by the fans. Obviously he’s very highly thought of by Reid, who would likely let him make a lateral move if it improved his chances of being a HC someday (this is all assuming he doesn’t have HC interest this cycle—he’s interviewed over a dozen times and not gotten hired so that wouldn’t be that surprising).

Every team hates their OC, even the prolific ones. Wild.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

106.7 the fan just said Mike Shula (an old Rivera protege) is an early favorite to replace Turner!

Oh God no!

Another failed coordinator who got his job due to nepotism.

Please no mike Shula. E.Bieniemy fits this young offense team like a glove. Please no more castoffs, QB's, or Coaches.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb down 2

21 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Why not, best man wins, no need to appoint a starter before camp. Most think you need to bring in a Vet, he sounds like a good fit may even fit money wise. Have 3 fight it out. winner takes all. It is sure better than bring in another Wentz type.

I think the joke whooshed directly over your head.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, burgngold fan said:

And here lies the problem we have going forward!  Even though I never liked Scott turners play calling!  Can we really believe  Ron can pick a good coordinator!  If he’s just going to pick from the tree of past Carolina coaches,  like he’s done with every hire he’s done,  who could we possibly get that’s anywhere close to be exciting!  We may actually get worse!  

He brought Wentz in said it was his choice, biggest mistake of last offseason.  Bringing in Griese will go over like a fart in sunday school here I predict.

1 hour ago, Digger said:

I hear when Turner was notified of his firing, he did a 7-step drop and got his stuff... then did a 7-step drop leaving the building... then did a 7-step drop getting into his car.  People kept yelling at him, "What are you doing?  That serves no purpose given the situation!", but he just kept doin' it.

Good thinking, cause when remembering the 5 step drop his QB always got crushed and he might not have had time to open the door before he got blind sided. He had to consider that the left tackle does not block the rushing end especially at the goal line. 

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Hopefully, once Bienemy is officially signed (after KC is either eliminated or wins the Superbowl) he will get full control of the offense, just like Del Rio has for the defense.

That way Ron can focus on what he does best, player relations, giving out game balls, telling players they made the pro bowl and wasting timeouts.

And working on knowing when his playoff run will come to a end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hooper said:

Ron said he wants to run the ball two times for every pass.

So I guess some OC's from the 1980s should plug in their dot-matrix printers and get those resumes sent in.

In fairness Coryell's offense is still a big part of NFL offenses. So is Shanahans. 

1 hour ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

if the new owner is worse than Snyder

That is physically impossible. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Every team hates their OC, even the prolific ones. Wild.

Bienemy might prove to be a great OC but I don’t want us to touch anything associated w/ Andy Reid.  We get screwed every time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1