Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

5 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

I bet that both Turner and DelTaco cheat when they play checkers with each other. 

It may be the reason the offense looks so sluggish; Turner's offense going against DelTaco's defense during practice and all of a sudden he thinks he's on to something while DelTaco is sharpening his crayons with a chisel.

You make a good point, maybe the reason the defense is only average is because they face off against Turners outfit every practice and so its like trying to sharpen an axe with a turd.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

3 seasons of excuses why we can't see Turner reach his potential.

Even with a better offensive line, that designed run for Wentz in the redzone tells me he doesn't know what he's doing. That was the moment I gave up on him.

That was truly ugly. Reminiscent of Refrigerator Perry running the ball for the Bears back in the day.

9 hours ago, skins island connection said:

I bet that both Turner and DelTaco cheat when they play checkers with each other. 

It may be the reason the offense looks so sluggish; Turner's offense going against DelTaco's defense during practice and all of a sudden he thinks he's on to something while DelTaco is sharpening his crayons with a chisel.

I don't see the need to hate on Del Rio anymore. The D has basically been turned around in terms of the scheme and communication. I think it may really have been as simple as benching WJ3. The problems with the D now are personnel, primarily we don't have a good MLB or #1 CB.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't see the need to hate on Del Rio anymore. The D has basically been turned around in terms of the scheme and communication. I think it may really have been as simple as benching WJ3. The problems with the D now are personnel, primarily we don't have a good MLB or #1 CB.

And telling Sweat to seal the edge dammit

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, tshile said:

Oh I should add - he seems to really think the offense is super dumbed down because wentz isn’t able to understand and run it effectively. 

so - he believes the lack of diversity may be because wentz is limited and they know it. 

Carson Wentz scored a 40 on his Wonderlic.  He's not stupid and Ron raved specifically about how smart he was during the offseason.  Turner OTOH was a nepotism hire who has never been a good coordinator.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

I don't know how much the turn around on the Defense has been about JDR verus the D-line being able to feast on two mediocre teams the last two weeks.  When the D-line is able to blowup passing plays only rushing 4 it makes a huge difference, but we can't sit here and act like the quality of opponent hasn't also dropped immensely.  Am I encouraged by what I see? Of course, but I want to see them do it versus some better teams first.  I also, am starting to lose confidence Chase Young will be back soon enough to have a major impact this season.  Could he return to the field? Yes, but by the time he does, will the team be out of it? Will he even have the same explosiveness in his first 3-4 games?   All these are legitimate questions for a player returning.  I hope he is back for the final month so at least the mental aspects of returning from reconstructive surgery is taken care of before the offseason.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

I don't know how much the turn around on the Defense has been about JDR verus the D-line being able to feast on two mediocre teams the last two weeks.  When the D-line is able to blowup passing plays only rushing 4 it makes a huge difference, but we can't sit here and act like the quality of opponent hasn't also dropped immensely.  Am I encouraged by what I see? Of course, but I want to see them do it versus some better teams first.  I also, am starting to lose confidence Chase Young will be back soon enough to have a major impact this season.  Could he return to the field? Yes, but by the time he does, will the team be out of it? Will he even have the same explosiveness in his first 3-4 games?   All these are legitimate questions for a player returning.  I hope he is back for the final month so at least the mental aspects of returning from reconstructive surgery is taken care of before the offseason.

First off, wanna say that I appreciate that you sometimes throw out some against the grain thinking/questions.  For me, the dline played pretty well against the better olines we faced as well (Philly is an extra tough challenge because of the required lane discipline).  I’m not a fan of JDR or what I’ve heard about his scheme, but I think one thing he’s shown is a willingness to play around with personnel a bit.  Even while we tend to complain it has taken him too long to make changes, I think there’s an element of hoping guys gel around each other as well.  I think our D is better, but I also agree that level of competition has factored in to some extent overall.

14 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I wouldn't say Tennessee and Chicago, even Dallas has anything close to a solid functioning offense that would make any opponent nervous. 

We are always seeing a WR catching a ball with 3 to 5 defenders within 3 yds of him; would it really be THAT horrible for 1 of them to at least get in the throwing lane? Maybe getting a chance at an int.?

On 10/15/2022 at 12:02 AM, Peregrine said:

that?  Is there any source, any journalist that has said that?

Yeah I mean that’s where I got it from. It’s not like I would personally know. 

i also chose the word “solid” for a reason. Not great or anything 

The thing I hate about Scott Turner (well not THE thing, but certainly a prominent thing) is that there will be one drive, maybe two, per game where the offense is clicking.  They get big chunks of yards, it looks like they have a plan, and you're like "Oh ****, we've got it together now!" and then the next few possessions it's like "What the **** are you doing?"

• Like 3

I think we all loved our week 1 offense. Here's the thing - a lot of what he did was gimmicky like simply getting the ball quickly to Samuel - kept the defense guessing. Even with the OL decimated - those quick crafty plays should still be in his playbook, right? Short of defenses taking Samuel out. His offense no offense is Jekyll and Hyde only its a 90-10 split of old boring Jekyll. I know he can't do all he wants either RR or Carson or the OL or Mrs ****ing Snyder meddling, but something seems off. Our offense seems dumbed down weeks 2-6.

That all said I am sure Norvous Jr will be winning coach of the year and leading his team to the bowl within 5 years. Same ****ty team same great young coaches leaving to go onto greatness. He just needs to stop drinking Norvous's's elixir and make his own.

dr. jekyll and mr. hyde gifs | WiffleGif

Edited by RandyHolt

On 10/15/2022 at 9:56 AM, Going Commando said:

Carson Wentz scored a 40 on his Wonderlic.  He's not stupid and Ron raved specifically about how smart he was during the offseason.  Turner OTOH was a nepotism hire who has never been a good coordinator.

This. I’ve pointed this out a few times but now two highly intelligent QBs (Fitz last year) have had challenges picking up Turner’s system. Obvious that it is unnecessarily complicated when the end playcalling is basic and predictable 

• Thumb up 1