Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Beers N Commanders

KDawg

Allen is the best player on our team and has played that way all season. For a team with so many players who have gotten overpaid and underperformed; Allen is a guy who gave us a reasonable deal and has already earned every penny.

Payne is still a manchild. I watched his post-game interview and realized how young he is. He is still not near his ceiling and that's scary.

Sweat discovering the bull rush last week was a revelation. He is not as easy to block when he's not speed rushing every single snap. He used his new bull rush a lot more this game, so he is now at least using TWO rush techniques. The next revelation in his development will need to be consistently setting the edge.

I personally have always said the DL will all peak in their 2nd or 3rd contracts. Right now I would sign Payne and maybe even Sweat to reasonable extentions before it really clicks and their value skyrockets. 

Chase still needs to come back and prove himself. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Our passing attack is simply awful. Once again we managed to average more yards rushing than passing. A 4.5 yd avg and 99 yards is an absolute disgrace and there need to be consequences.

The counter to this is last week Wentz had 350 yards and 9+ yards per attempt, and they couldn’t run the ball at all.  

What’s so frustrating is they can’t even remotely put both parts together at the same time.  

They’ve been explosive at times in every game except this one.  But they’ve also ground to a halt in every game.  

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The counter to this is last week Wentz had 350 yards and 9+ yards per attempt, and they couldn’t run the ball at all.  

What’s so frustrating is they can’t even remotely put both parts together at the same time.  

They’ve been explosive at times in every game except this one.  But they’ve also ground to a halt in every game.  

Exactly, and is also why I said in the thread about team identity is that it is hard to even build an identity when everything about the team fluctuates from week to week. Most opponents you have a good idea of who the weapons are, what the team will do to attack the opponent, but the Commanders it's like everything you think you know about the team, changes from week to week.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

He also made one last night literally by a millimeter. It was a very ugly kick. I also read reports that he struggled a lot in practice. 

Who cares how close his FG was, he still made it. Not every FG is going to be 100% perfect. Struggling would be going on a streak of 2 or 3 misses in a row. Making a FG, that was made only by a millimeter, isn’t struggling. 

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

I mean we all (rightfully) **** on Turner but some of these guys are wide open. Some of these plays even feel like they are specifically designed for the players that get open but Wentz just locks in on someone (e.g. the bunch formation where Samuel gets open immediately).

Tough look for the QB.

Who tf watches that second play, sees that the Bears had an unblocked DE coming playside, sees Carson get sped up, and sits there talking "bad ball by the QB.  Carson had options on the backside too."  Some of these Twitter scouts are so dumb.  That third play was absolutely he right decision by Carson too.  He wasn't saved by a bogus DPI call, Jaylon Johnson got beat by Terry on the release and Carson saw it and took advantage.  Johnson was ****ing bailing water that whole rep and didn't even come close to getting his head around.  Your best player is giving you a potential big play and you finally have a pocket to step up in, you need to take it.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

The operation was a success. He'll now be known as Danielle.

Spend some time seeking insight as to why that's such a stupid thing to post.

If you fail to see it, consider it a poor reflection on your level of thinking in this case.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

St. Juste and Forest had a good game

our young db are looking good glad wj3 is out

Best part was when Snyder was called out by Al Michaels and the sell the team chants at the end of the game. 

feels almost like Bezos people told him to do it. 

In 2020, our defense allowed 30 or more point in 4 of our first 5 games. In the last 11, we only allowed more than 20 twice.

In 2021, our defense allowed 30 or more points in 4 of our first 6 and only allowed more than 27 once, arguably because of Covid issues

Our defense is decent in the short area but we do get burned in the long game or when we have to rely on our backend.

6 hours ago, Ball Security said:

I wonder if Norwell scored better because Larson helps settle things down better than an injured Wes and Martin. The line didn’t seem all that great though.  I saw something like Wentz was getting the ball out in 2.5 seconds in the first half or something crazy like that. 

Would like to see Cosmi at guard when he comes back.

Larsen absolutely helped. When you have a weak link on the OL it really hurts the other linemen, especially the ones next to him. Not a shock Cosmi is playing worse with Turner next to him vs Scherff

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Who cares how close his FG was, he still made it. Not every FG is going to be 100% perfect. Struggling would be going on a streak of 2 or 3 misses in a row. Making a FG, that was made only by a millimeter, isn’t struggling. 

It's just an indicator of him not being on his game. Much like with our qb, stats don't always tell the whole story. He was executing way better last year. Stevie Wonder can see that.  I watch kickers every Sunday, boom 57 - 60 yarders right down the middle. I'd like to have that with my favorite team for once in my life. We haven't had a year in, year out good, consistent kicker since Chip friggin Lohmiller, when I was 9 years old.  

"Remember, head coach Ron Rivera chose to name Turner his offensive coordinator instead of making things work with Kevin O’Connell. It’s all about familiarity, boys. Keep that Carolina gang together."

This is the essence of the problem.  We are dealing with a the ole problem of "good ole boys with dementia" situation.  Though getting Wildgoose in there was pure genius.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

"Remember, head coach Ron Rivera chose to name Turner his offensive coordinator instead of making things work with Kevin O’Connell. It’s all about familiarity, boys. Keep that Carolina gang together."

This is the essence of the problem.  We are dealing with a the ole problem of "good ole boys with dementia" situation.  Though getting Wildgoose in there was pure genius.

You would say that…. 😁

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait. You’re halfway through the game and you haven’t given up yet??

In all fairness the game probably put him to sleep or in a coma. 

On a lighter note ZzzQuil is seriously interested in using this game video as an "All New" way to put one to sleep, AND its all natural too !

• Haha 2

Update: I didn’t make it. I couldn’t watch it. 

I fast forwarded to the last play from mid third quarter. 

Im not sure there were many candidates for studs and duds.

I guess Sweat, he played well, Allen and St-Juste for studs.

Duds… I don’t know, maybe I didn’t watch close enough… but I didn’t see any horrendous players. I saw a Ramsey’d QB who is essentially seeing ghosts at this point. I saw a shoddy OL but not as shoddy as previous weeks, I saw RBs trying. Receivers trying. Though that one pass to Samuel should have been caught down the seam.

Just seemed like a whole lot of nothing.

So for duds I will give none despite the fact there probably should be some. I figure I’ll have another 11 weeks to rack up the dud count

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1