Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Beers N Commanders

KDawg

Hi all. Nice win last nite but what is up with the comments by Tony Gonzales stating our team is “ the JV of the NFL.” He was a good player but as far as I know he never won any substantial games. Ya Tony, flash you rings while you shoot your mouth off. And Al over the hill Michaels complaining about the 2 teams not scoring any TDS. Calling it a “barn burner” when one of the teams kicked a field goal. Go back and look at some of the greatest defensive teams in NFL history and you would see many games like last nite. Some guys  never have enough and they just hang on and hang on like their next paycheck will cure world hunger. Getting sick of people like him and Terry B and a few others. Pack it in and give some younger people a chance for Christs sake. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 6

14 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Hi all. Nice win last nite but what is up with the comments by Tony Gonzales stating our team is “ the JV of the NFL.” He was a good player but as far as I know he never won any substantial games. Ya Tony, flash you rings while you shoot your mouth off. And Al over the hill Michaels complaining about the 2 teams not scoring any TDS. Calling it a “barn burner” when one of the teams kicked a field goal. Go back and look at some of the greatest defensive teams in NFL history and you would see many games like last nite. Some guys  never have enough and they just hang on and hang on like their next paycheck will cure world hunger. Getting sick of people like him and Terry B and a few others. Pack it in and give some younger people a chance for Christs sake. 

it was bad football.

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I have somewhat of a serenity over me now in accepting that--for this season anyway--we suck lol...we just do. It's not debatable. This 2022 Washington team blows donkey testicles...figuratively lol.

Anyone says "The Commanders are awful"...

Me:

giphy.gif

"Are you going to keep watching that garbage?"

Me:

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

That was in no way a defensive struggle between tough, competent defenses. It was a slog of a contest to see which offense was willing to work the hardest to give the game to the other team and for once, we were bested in that category. In the meantime, Farquaad in the owner's box...

SNY.0.gif

"Yeah MoFoes!! A-huh, we're 2-4. Y'all can't touch this!"

• Like 2

As bad as Washington is, I'm not sure how the Bears have an offense. The Chicago offense is basically run the ball or call a pass and watch Fields bail and run the ball. That is their entire offense. I guess the difference being that Fields can move and Wentz cannot. So at least Fields picks up some yardage. I think the big loser in all this is the 2023 team. If Washington lost last night, they might have been headed for the first overall pick. Now, I feel it ends up where the team just settles for the 6th or 7th overall pick so the team can miss out for Bryce Young and C.J. Stroud for the next Josh Rosen or Daniel Jones. That's what I expect.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jericho said:

If Washington lost last night, they might have been headed for the first overall pick. Now, I feel it ends up where the team just settles for the 6th or 7th overall pick so the team can miss out for Bryce Young and C.J. Stroud for the next Josh Rosen or Daniel Jones. That's what I expect.

Still plenty of season left, teams ahead of us in the draft order will likely win a surprising game or two later in the year. It isn’t a sure thing that we don’t end up with a top 2 or 3 draft pick just cause of a win last night. Nothing is at all set in stone

• Like 1

With the extended time off can we at least get someone else to call the plays.

The Scott Turner experiment is a mega-bomb. I never expected this to be an explosive Offense in the offseason b/c far too many unknowns had to pan out in order for that to happen, but no NFL unit should be as bad as either ones on the field we saw last night.

Our passing attack is simply awful. Once again we managed to average more yards rushing than passing. A 4.5 yd avg and 99 yards is an absolute disgrace and there need to be consequences.

We can't move the ball and we can't put up points. We put the entire weight of games on a average D that our Offense subsequently double teams and wears out by consistently marching them back on the field after amazingly short possessions. We were lucky to play the Bears this week and our D was able to literally hold just enough to eek out a dub.

A lot of things need to improve w/ this team but it all starts with that horrific O.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

St. Juste and Forest had a good game

our young db are looking good glad wj3 is out

56 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Best part was when Snyder was called out by Al Michaels and the sell the team chants at the end of the game. 

feels almost like Bezos people told him to do it. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Dan, listen to the nice old man who just publicly eviscerated you on national television and sell the team.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I wonder if Norwell scored better because Larson helps settle things down better than an injured Wes and Martin. The line didn’t seem all that great though.  I saw something like Wentz was getting the ball out in 2.5 seconds in the first half or something crazy like that. 

Would like to see Cosmi at guard when he comes back.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Still plenty of season left, teams ahead of us in the draft order will likely win a surprising game or two later in the year. It isn’t a sure thing that we don’t end up with a top 2 or 3 draft pick just cause of a win last night. Nothing is at all set in stone

Cant see how the Bears win another game based off of last night...unless they meet Washington in the playoffs...which of course makes no sense since they would have to win some games to even get in the playoffs.   Disregard....incoherent mumbling.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

Cant see how the Bears win another game based off of last night...unless they meet Washington in the playoffs...which of course makes no sense since they would have to win some games to even get in the playoffs.   Disregard....incoherent mumbling.

See, the thing is though, last nights game won’t mean anything for how they perform in a game any other Sunday this season. Teams steal a random win any Sunday. It could happen. 

nothing is set in stone, plain and simple (talking about the bears here, not us)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

It was legit 2 of the 3-4 teams in the NFL in one of the worst played football games in years. It deserves all the visceral it gets. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

See, the thing is though, last nights game won’t mean anything for how they perform in a game any other Sunday this season. Teams steal a random win any Sunday. It could happen. 

nothing is set in stone, plain and simple (talking about the bears here, not us)

I get it...but damn they looked bad. lol