Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Beers N Commanders

KDawg

6 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Cant see how the Bears win another game based off of last night...unless they meet Washington in the playoffs...which of course makes no sense since they would have to win some games to even get in the playoffs.   Disregard....incoherent mumbling.

They some how beat the 49ers. Hope to god they win at least 2 more games 

First time the team has been on in Atlanta this season.    Hoping it will be the last.   So painful to watch an offense that has talent on it not be able to figure out how to effectively use the talent in any way.   Defense, in particular the line, has picked it up over the last couple of weeks but this was probably the worst offense in the NFL we were playing.   I thought the CB's played well for the most part but its sad that when giving out stars @KDawg is going to have to consider our punter to be in the mix.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

That was in no way a defensive struggle between tough, competent defenses. It was a slog of a contest to see which offense was willing to work the hardest to give the game to the other team and for once, we were bested in that category. In the meantime, Farquaad in the owner's box. Not saying our D looked like the 85 Bears but they have looked better the last 2 games. Yes the opposition was not as good but our O stinks putting the D back on the field without rest time after time. John A was a beast and the O line did play better. Takes time in todays NFL to get a team playing well with no preseason and limited workouts. 

45 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

SNY.0.gif

"Yeah MoFoes!! A-huh, we're 2-4. Y'all can't touch this!"

9 minutes ago, RedskininATL said:

First time the team has been on in Atlanta this season.    Hoping it will be the last.   So painful to watch an offense that has talent on it not be able to figure out how to effectively use the talent in any way.   Defense, in particular the line, has picked it up over the last couple of weeks but this was probably the worst offense in the NFL we were playing.   I thought the CB's played well for the most part but its sad that when giving out stars @KDawg is going to have to consider our punter to be in the mix.

Nevermind, figured out what you meant 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I had a game last night and still haven’t watched the full game. I’m about a half through and will do the stars and duds thing after. But I wanted to get this up.

Everyone sucked except for Robinson (kinda based on feel-good story), Allen, and Payne. Way was also just normal all-pro.

34 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Everyone sucked except for Robinson (kinda based on feel-good story), Allen, and Payne. Way was also just normal all-pro.

Sweat was great and I thought Leno had a good game as well. Also McLaurin looked good the few times he got the ball, its hard to fault him for not getting more touches when nobody can get him the rock.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

While the Dawg gets his thoughts together, here's mine FWIW.

Yes, it was a putrid game, but there where a few bright spots as well;

That tackle by St-Juste on Mooney on the half-yard line to finish the game was ****ing awesome. If that had been Jalen Ramsey or J.C.Jackson making that play, the talking heads would already have run out out superlatives by now.

Sweat has started to get it together. He's had two good games in a row after being MIA for the first four. He still over-runs some plays, but he's getting to the QB a lot. Allen and Payne both got injured, came back in, and still performed well, props to them both.

Wildgoose >>>> WJ3.

The O-line looked like a different unit with Larson back at Center, may Nick Martin never see the field ever again. They ain't perfect, but will hopefully improve with more playing time together. (Ron deserves some serious criticism for the way the O-line has been put together).

The play calling was fairly uncreative IMHO. We seemed to want to establish the run early with B.Rob and it was tough going for a while, he finished with 17 carries for 60yds (3.5ypc) and a TD (I was so happy for the guy getting his first TD). You can see the potential is there with him, but maybe there has been too much expectation put on the young rookie. 

We seemed to be getting back to the run, run, pass, play selection of the past and I don't like it. Gibson played well when he came in later on in the game 5 carries for 35yds (7.0ypc) and also caught 3 passes for 18 yards.

Wentz,  I don't know what to say about Wentz.

Well first off, I don't like him, there's something about him that grinds my gears. That said, I thought that he was the best available option at the time and I am rooting for him to succeed but he is so ****ing frustrating, he seems to make a few difficult throws but then fluffs the easy ones. I realise that he has been hit a lot lately, and our receivers dropped a few passes yesterday, but 99yds on 22 attempts (4.5ypa) is just bad.

It's obvious that he can't run anymore and may now have injured his hand (I can hear the Hive buzzing with excitement from here). I'm not knowledgeable enough to explain if it's his footwork, throwing motion, vision, or whatever, but it doesn't look like a good trade at the moment. Can he be fixed?

*** - Me

😟😟😟 - Everyone else.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Sweat was great and I thought Leno had a good game as well. Also McLaurin looked good the few times he got the ball, its hard to fault him for not getting more touches when nobody can get him the rock.

Yes good points, and Gibson too. And Larsen being back makes a monumental difference.  It was just such a **** game that those were the only ones that came to mind.

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

Im pissed they messed up the tank. Theyll end up picking 4th because of it. 

Nah they will probably accidentally win a few other games. Even if they have a pick in the top 3 Danny Boy will screw it up.

I wore my Commanders hoodie (Costco, $29.95) this morning and felt a compulsion to tell people who saw me wearing it that I was supporting the ****ty product on the field -  not the ****ty ownership.  

So wearing it brings embarrassment but not shame.

5 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

The good news is that we have another candidate to fix the OL. The bad news is, Wentz can't play QB and OL at the same time. On a serious note, that block was the highlight of the game for me. Mad props to Wentz on that one.

Edited by Chris 44

We won the game. I drank so much bourbon that it was super enjoyable to watch. I'm paying the price for it today but lousy play is so much more entertaining when you're hitting the sauce hard. I think that's realistically the only way to conjure up positive emotion and be really into it. This is not a team made for sobriety.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

We won the game. I drank so much bourbon that it was super enjoyable to watch. I'm paying the price for it today but lousy play is so much more entertaining when you're hitting the sauce hard. I think that's realistically the only way to conjure up positive emotion and be really into it. This is not a team made for sobriety.

That bolded part though 😂 100% true. 

• Haha 3

Here's my take on the game.

It was gawd awful. If Washington played a half decent team, they never would have won. The Bears are pathetic. But so is Washington.

I don't have a great comfort level with Joey Slye. He has a strong leg but I worry about his accuracy. Time will tell.

When are we going to start using our tall tight ends and receiver in the end zone?

Scott Turner rarely calls a good game. There may be a few good plays but overall his play calling is underwhelming.

I LOVED hearing Al Michaels bashing Snyder. Every broadcaster needs to do this during every game. Don't let up.

Finally, it was nice seeing a center actually snapping the ball to the QB and not rolling it back to him. Welcome back Tyler Larsen!

I honestly dont see how washington wins another game this year. This offense is atrocious at every level. Coaching, QB, Oline and even WRs havent been playing well. Bears are actually worse but Washington should have lost the game. Fields (wow... he is terrible btw) missed easy TD throw and we needed a fumble on kickoff to win... and even with that they found a way to almost lose the game in the end.

Firing Ron, Turner and the rest cant come soon enough!