Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washingburgh at Dallas

TK
Message added by TK,

2099317008_ScreenShot2022-10-02at4_12_04PM.thumb.png.6becb16f5bf4f6381d0eb60f17bb2d89.png

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

This team just doesn’t have it. What is it? All of it.

We have, really, 6 good players.

Allen, Payne, Curl (though he’s not playing like he has in the last few years but he’s still getting back to form), McLaurin, Dotson, Samuels.

A couple better than average type players: Leno most of the time, St-Juste is improving. McKissick but he’s a real niche kind of guy. Gibson when used dynamically could fit here.

And then there’s everyone else. 

It's wild Sweat is not on your list.  He's not.  I'm not watching, but he seems like he's just a "pretty good"

All that said, we're not down 20+ at half. Its a one score game and we get the ball to start. Dallas's offense doesn't really scare me. We can try to grind out a 17-15 type game. 

But once again we're losing the turnover battle. Need to generate 1-2 in the 2nd half while not having any ourselves. Can't have anymore dumb penalties either.

We're basically playing the Heinicke style of play that won us 4 in a row last year. Extremely tiny margin of error. But that's how we have to given the state of our personnel on the OL and our crappy coaching.

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

This is was an absolutely bizarre end of the half. First we just run the ball and stand around with a minute left and let the clock wind down, then we randomly uncork a deep pass. wtf?

We were playing to protect our lead…

(but we had fewer points than them)

ughhh

thats sooooo redskins

• Haha 2

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

It's wild Sweat is not on your list.  He's not.  I'm not watching, but he seems like he's just a "pretty good"

Sweat isn’t and hasn’t done a thing to earn anything above average status. Why would you think he should be? Because he’s a first rounder?

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

So ****ing sick of treating over a minute on the clock as if it’s less than :10. Just full giving up before the half since the very beginning of Rivera’s tenure, when I see other teams consistently drive for points and even TD’s in the same situation. And as I type, because of the stupid ****ing playcalling and pacing, they try to steal all the yardage all at once as if they didn’t have over a FULL MINUTE when the drive began, and Wentz throws a sloppy deep pass and gets picked. All because of the coaching mindset before the half. ****ing sick of it. 

I'm usually step for step with you like Diggs (sorry), but when you have this little faith in your team as Rivera does, I'd go this route.

Run the clock down, heave it, worst case scenario it's a long punt.

I just hate that he feels this way.

I've abandoned all hope for Sweat. He was pedestrian for 2019. He was a beast in 2020. He hasn't existed for 2021 or 2022. People have been dunking on Chase and Jamin, but I'm going to go ahead and say it now. Montez Sweat is a first round pick, and he's a bust.

• Like 1