Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washingburgh at Dallas

TK
Message added by TK,

2099317008_ScreenShot2022-10-02at4_12_04PM.thumb.png.6becb16f5bf4f6381d0eb60f17bb2d89.png

I'm not watching, just following play-by-play. I don't understand.  They got the ball at 1:07, ran a play with McKissic, let the clock run to 26, completed a pass, then took a TO, then ran the ball again?  

Were they trying to score or run the clock out because it seems like they tried to do both....

• Like 1

Just now, BigDibbs31 said:

There has to be a young, hungry, and innovative head coach out there somewhere. Ron is a ****ing dinosaur

It’s all I can think about every Sunday, like seriously Ron your not going to the SB just take the game by the balls and ****ing go for it

Riverboat Ron has to be the most misguided nickname in the history of all sports 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I don't like wentz being our qb and have posted a lot of critical remarks about him. I also haved liked any qb we've had since cousins, and I consisted him a mixed bag tho better than any of his successors here.

But there's a handful of wentz "haterz" here who are such morons in their "analysis" that I absolutely feel deserve every ounce of misery they get out of following this team.

Personally, I let go of caring enough about this org while it's still under Dan that I have acceptance of the reality and it's just a dull and passing pain for me. Nothing deep. My much more important joyous memories of long ago good times and my connection to extremeskins is why I'm still here, along with an occasional if rare beloved player-- like terry mac--still being a bright spot in my fanhood. 

I agree.  Even though I am not a fan of Wentz.  I watched the glory days and I’d like to see one or two of those before I kick the bucket.

Welp, Wentz just threw an INT.  🥸

• Like 1

So ****ing sick of treating over a minute on the clock as if it’s less than :10. Just full giving up before the half since the very beginning of Rivera’s tenure, when I see other teams consistently drive for points and even TD’s in the same situation. And as I type, because of the stupid ****ing playcalling and pacing, they try to steal all the yardage all at once as if they didn’t have over a FULL MINUTE when the drive began, and Wentz throws a sloppy deep pass and gets picked. All because of the coaching mindset before the half. ****ing sick of it. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm not watching, just following play-by-play. I don't understand.  They got the ball at 1:07, ran a play with McKissic, let the clock run to 26, completed a pass, then took a TO, then ran the ball again?  

Were they trying to score or run the clock out because it seems like they tried to do both....

That's what annoys me. I'd rather be aggressive but if you wanna go clock kill then just legit go clock kill and run run run. Why are we doing this mish mash of running and passing and calling timeouts and then throwing random deep shots to covered WRs?

Nothing these coaches do make any sense. There is no real plan or strategy. Its just random and hope our 3 WRs can make a play.

That turnover is likely due to the poor time management that lead up to it.  You have over a minute and 2 timeouts, and are probably just looking to get into FG position, and they let nearly 45 seconds run off the clock to call..........a run play.  Why?  What is the point.  Set your offense up so that the only thing time will allow is a single shot downfield. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Have no idea how any functioning human can watch that half and not want to fire everyone. They all ****ing suck 

I'm normally not a "FIRE THE COACHES GUY" but the end of that half has me on the edge of that bandwagon. I'm about done with these idiots.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

This is was an absolutely bizarre end of the half. First we just run the ball and stand around with a minute left and let the clock wind down, then we randomly uncork a deep pass. wtf?

We were making sure the cowboys did not get on last drive, they had all 3 time outs 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Someone mentioned earlier that Dallas is a 500 team at best. I agree wholeheartedly.  

Not sure if it was my comment specifically you saw, but I did mention that earlier.  This isn't a good Cowboys team, that is what makes everything so frustrating so far.  

• Like 1

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Have no idea how any functioning human can watch that half and not want to fire everyone. They all ****ing suck 

But..."We did a lot of good things.  We really did.  I believe that.  I really do.  And we have everything we need in that locker room.  I truly believe that."

🤢🤮

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s wild how the inability to run a hurry up follows regime to regime.  Is there any team worse at this?  I watch a lot of NFL football, good teams and bad teams, never see anything this bad.  Almost like they have absolutely no idea how to do it.

Preach my friend. We never embraced it when it was all the rage. Top teams using it and dominating. Slow play or the highway for us HU fans.  We run a play or 2 of HU now every few games which is FAR more than we ever did before. The most painful to hear were announcers wondering why we arent using it down 4 scores with 11 minutes left for decades.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

The Lions defense that completely steamrolled the Commanders offense BEFORE the OLine injuries, has given up 240 yds, 24 points and 9.2 yards per play in the first half to Geno Smith and the Seahawks.

The Seahawks have that there coaching stuff going on. Not a fair comparison.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I'm normally not a "FIRE THE COACHES GUY" but the end of that half has me on the edge of that bandwagon. I'm about done with these idiots.

Yeah, I've been a Ron guy.  But this is starting to turn my opinion.

It seems like protection has been an issue just by watching the play-by-play.  True?

Turner is back to running the ball all the damn time and we're back to trying to win 17-15.  If that's the game we're going to try and play, then we have completely failed at getting a QB and we're wasting our weapons.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

The Lions defense that completely steamrolled the Commanders offense BEFORE the OLine injuries, has given up 240 yds, 24 points and 9.2 yards per play in the first half to Geno Smith and the Seahawks.

You are just trying to hurt me!